shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom FDL key pendant - Julia from Etsy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/5/2009 10:33:39 PM
Author: katebar
AJ I spoke to the guy at the post office yesterday and I am actually pretty p***! Apparantly if someone ''signs'' for the parcel the contractor has fulfilled his duty. I does not matter if the person that signed wasn''t you it is up to the person that signed to go ''oh goodness I did not order this ring/dress /book etc'' and for THEM to contact Australia Post.

Even if they delivered to the wrong address it seems the onus is on the person who did not received the parcel to prove it!

I will be having everything of value registered in the future. It sucsk
29.gif
29.gif

Hi Kate,
yup it''s pretty rubbish isn''t it.
That''s exactly the story I received from the help line (with added attitude) - she was like "Well, our systems say we''ve delivered it, so it''s your problem now". literally.
38.gif

She also refused to give me the ph.number of the delivery centre where the contractors work out of so I could attempt to track my package - I had to google it myself. She kept trying to put it on me and the sender, as somehow it was our fault
29.gif
no sympathy at all.

I would say yes register for added help - but my package that was left with my neighbours last time was registered - didn''t make a difference.
I''m not sure if it''s just the incompetent contractors in my area - I don''t want to scare everyone, sorry!

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
I am so happy to hear you received your package and it is safe.

NOW where are the pictures???????????????????????

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 8:56:14 AM
Author: EMPTorres
I am so happy to hear you received your package and it is safe.

NOW where are the pictures???????????????????????

ha ha thanks EMP - and indecisive.
Sorry, I''m usually very quick with pics.
I''ve started this new job and also have Uni, so am flat out 5 days/wk.

The ring is beautiful - I''ve been wearing it non stop, and its already gotten a
number of comments from strangers
5.gif

I will def. try for some pics this sat, promise!

oh and btw Kate, I have asked Julia to make me a longer chain, 25", in case that helps with your decision.
I like that length where it sits just down past the b**bs
5.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Hi AJ. Geat news about your job!
Yes I have gone for the 25" too and am getting Julie to incoporate my kids initials too!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/6/2009 9:53:59 PM
Hi AJ. Geat news about your job!

Yes I have gone for the 25'' too and am getting Julie to incoporate my kids initials too!

sweet kate!
post the design when you can, I''ll keep an eye out.
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
So, here is the story of what happened for those interested (and Kate specifically), I found out after calling the delivery centre again this morn. The woman said they had only gotten the full story off him yesterday eve.

Turns out it was just as I suspected - the contractor had slacked off on the day my package was due, and along with *three other people''s packages* took them all home with him, instead of returning them to the depot.! As if that wasn''t bad enough, because he was worried he''d get in trouble the next day for not delivering them on time, he signed off for all the packages himself on his electronic tracking thingy at 11.30 that night (mucking up the names along the way).
Obviously, with my complaint and the other 3 folks'' missing packages - they had to follow this one up and questioned him about what happened, and he ''fessed up.

The woman told me that he was "relatively new" and they had "sat him down for a proper talking to and explained that is not how we do things." I said to her it''s really not good enough, how much stress it had caused me - and explained how when he eventually did deliver, he didn''t even ask my name - so after all that, just anyone could''ve ended up claimed it (just lucky I was outside when he rocked up!)
29.gif
She told me yes, he didn''t get anyone to sign/register when he delivered all 4 missing packages, and that they had "explained to him what had to be done" with re. to this too.

I''m still not cool with this whole thing and I feel it''s simply not good enough. She assured me he "hadn''t intended to keep or steal the packages", but frankly I don''t think his intentions matter.
He took others'' property home, fraudulently registered them in the system...(which btw is mail fraud and a Commonwealth offence!)..and if I hadn''t kicked up a fuss, who knows what he would have done with them to cover his tracks!?
33.gif

The woman seemed to be saying it was all finished and he''d learned his lesson - but I honestly don''t want this guy responsible for my property at any time in the future.
Much of the responsibility also lies with Aust Post for not training him better - but it''s clear there is a huge language barrier.
He also lied to my face when I questioned him about what had happened when he finally showed up with my package.
I feel like, if he''ll do all this stuff first week on the job, who knows what else dishonest stuff he''ll do later, correct?

If you''ve read to the end of my rant I appreciate it - and I do have a question:

Should I just leave it be and *hope* this guy has learned his lesson?
Or should I write a formal letter of complaint about his behaviour, and the issues with the Aust Post training/practices - tbh, I simply don''t think he deserves to keep this job after this BS.

But I''d like others'' perspectives on it, I haven''t decided what to do (if anything).
Thanks for letting me vent!

I promise pics to make up for it
9.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Such a dilemma AJ. On the one hand an official complaint will very likely cause this guy the end of his contact. No one in the current economic climate wants to inflict that on another human being. BUT the reality is that as a courier for Australia Post there has to be some training before the courier starts the job and the most fundamental training SHOULD involve honesty and integrity.
What the guy did was wrong and as you say goodness knows what would have happened to your Ring and pendant IF you hadn''t pursued the matter.
A tough call but at the end of the day I think Australia Post need to rethink their policies and procedures to ensure correct delivery and tha may mean making them aware of your experience.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/7/2009 7:51:15 AM
Such a dilemma AJ. On the one hand an official complaint will very likely cause this guy the end of his contact. No one in the current economic climate wants to inflict that on another human being. BUT the reality is that as a courier for Australia Post there has to be some training before the courier starts the job and the most fundamental training SHOULD involve honesty and integrity.

What the guy did was wrong and as you say goodness knows what would have happened to your Ring and pendant IF you hadn't pursued the matter.

A tough call but at the end of the day I think Australia Post need to rethink their policies and procedures to ensure correct delivery and tha may mean making them aware of your experience.

Hi Kate,
cheers for your input, you're are thinking along the same lines as I.
You're correct, I don't want to lose a guy his job - but really, is he right for this job?
Does he care about it/take pride in his work and follow his responsibilities? It certainly wouldn't seem so.

That is not really my aim though - like you said, A.post is really the culprit here for not training/screening their contractors better.
I worked for A.Post in a branch when I was younger, and I know a clearance/security check is mandatory to get a job there - but who knows what standards apply as these are independent contractors, kwim? They just drive their own personal cars, not marked or anything, no uniforms - (this guy drove a Lancer.) Is this the same where you live?

Like you touched on, I really think something is missing in the training procedures if a new guy is not told upfront what to do with undelivered parcels...that seems like a very fundamental piece of info to me, lol! maybe they just assumed he wouldn't do something so out there?!
40.gif

Anyways, sorry if I sound like I'm harping on about this - just thought I would provide folks with an end to the adventure
4.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
hello!
I''ve started a new thread here with photos of the pendant.
I still need to do some neck shots though..

here''s one..

DSC05663rs.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results