shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom FDL key pendant - Julia from Etsy.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I saw one of the Tiff''s key pendants IRL and did fall in love a little bit. Do you mind sharing how much she charges?

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/25/2009 2:21:05 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I saw one of the Tiff''s key pendants IRL and did fall in love a little bit. Do you mind sharing how much she charges?

I asked, and it''s WAY less than Tiffs :razz: When I inquired for a general quote, she said 75$. I assume price would fluctuate depending on how complicated the design was and if gems were involved etc.

I can''t wait to see neck shots!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/25/2009 2:21:05 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Hi Tacori,
yep MTG is correct. For a sterling one without gems etc, it is $75 plus $20 for the 22" adjustable sterling chain, so total $95. (The key is the same size as Tiff''s largest offering btw, I believe a bit bigger than 2").

Of course the quote may vary a bit with the addition of gems, or to be made in Argentium silver, etc.
I looked up the plainest Tiff''s one to compare, and it''s $175 without a chain - I know which way I''d rather go, lol..

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
I love it! And the idea of integrating initials into it.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/26/2009 1:03:24 AM
Author: szh07
I love it! And the idea of integrating initials into it.

cheers szh!

Apparently Julia has had a few requests for the same design, so she gave me
naming rights.

We decided on the "Arjun FDL key".
The name Arjuna has personal meaning to me, plus the name means ''bright'', ''shining'', ''white'' or ''silver'' (or in Latin argentum), so I thought that''s pretty suitable for a silver key.
So, not very creative, but appropriate.
This is my first name-saked piece - yay!

EMPTorres

Shiny_Rock
That is awesome, your own namesake piece. I might eventually need one myself, but first I have to receive my first one. I am so anxious I am checking e-mail at least 10 times a day, though nothing yet. It has been 4 weeks since I paid for mine, I am seriously dying over here..

Anywho, I can''t wait to see yours and the others that get one like yours.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great Looking pendant! I also love love love! your ring!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thanks D&T!

EMP - I''m glad to see your key is progressing.
USPS site says my package is currently in customs, so with any luck I should
receive it tomorrow, or if not Monday
36.gif

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
AJ - I am excited for you! I hope it gets delivered sooner rather than later!

EMP - I''m sure the wait is horrible! This coming from someone with a zero patience tolerance!! hahaha

I got a note from Julia last night that she started my key yesterday. I''m thrilled to hear it but now the wait begins... hmmm... "Is it ready yet?"
4.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2009 8:22:08 AM
Author: jmtomaui
AJ - I am excited for you! I hope it gets delivered sooner rather than later!

EMP - I''m sure the wait is horrible! This coming from someone with a zero patience tolerance!! hahaha

I got a note from Julia last night that she started my key yesterday. I''m thrilled to hear it but now the wait begins... hmmm... ''Is it ready yet?''
4.gif

nope, no delivery today, even though it cleared customs already
39.gif

I swear, every single package I get always shows up around thurs/fri and I end having to wait through the w''end to receive it - conspiracy I cry!
41.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Just ordered my custom design ArunaJane FDL pendant!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
. Thanks you wonderful designer and enabler AJ
1.gif

So excited. I might get the chain a bit longer.
I just bought some of Nicole Ritchies House of Harlow necklaces and they are very long but am liking the look

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2009 8:48:55 PM
Author: katebar
Just ordered my custom design ArunaJane FDL pendant!!!!
36.gif
36.gif
. Thanks you wonderful designer and enabler AJ
1.gif

So excited. I might get the chain a bit longer.

I just bought some of Nicole Ritchies House of Harlow necklaces and they are very long but am liking the look

That''s awesome news Kate! ha ha, I''m happy to enable - I just had a look at Julia''s
orders and looks like she''s doing a roaring trade on the custom keys
36.gif

My package should be here on Monday, with a chance for pics on tues - if you''d like some input on the chain.?
I requested 22", but Julia accidentally did 20" (but with an offer for a new one for free if I''m not happy - now that''s service!).

I have a feeling I''ll like it longer too - but I''ll let you know once it''s here
1.gif

cool on the Harlow necklaces too - very trendy!
5.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks AJ. The Harlow stuff is surprisingly classic IMO. I am sharing them with my soon to be 18 year old but I don't feel at all that I they are too on trend.
Here's the necklaces and they look cool layered. The heavy gold one is a locket with magnets which is fantastic and very 2009.

yhst-81269699784480_2062_518064640.jpg

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
And the locket

yhst-81269699784480_2062_501709019.jpg

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Very cool, I like both of them!
Oh and I hope you don''t think I meant trendy in a bad way, I think
it''s great that you can share jewellery with your 18y/o and pull it off.
It seems you and I have established we have very similiar tastes
5.gif

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
No not at all AJ and even if you did I wouldn''t mind
1.gif

These are about the only thing we can share she is a size 6 *sigh*. Oh but she loves my handbags and every time i get a new one she claps her hands delightedly.
I justify to my husband that my purchases are for DD in the future (currently Balenciagas are my passion
9.gif
) and he accepts it! She can''t use them yet but she longs for the day that I am in the Happy Heart Nursing home and can get my collection!
I love that she loves what I do. I had pinky ring made for her last year by Whiteflash that was a copy of my pinky ring that Garry made with my original eternity diamonds in a gypsy platinum band. She loved its so much but alas it got lost in the surf and I am having another made for her
7.gif
For her 18th Whiteflash are making her one diamond in a martini setting for her 3rd ear hole and i know she will be thrilled to bits. She or her many boyfriends can buy her the other 2 diamonds or we can upgrade this stunning one for another one along the way. I am so excited as she has no clue
1.gif
After seeing all the wonderful key inspirations from your original design I have asked Julia to incorporate my kids initial J & K in the key.
I can''t wait to see what she comes up with but if not I will happily go for your lovely Fleur De Lis design!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Hey Kate,
ha ha I like your rationalizing, great tactic - must remember to encourage daughter
to have similiar tastes as mine when have one, lol
2.gif

You sound like you are very generous with her jewellery gifts, I bet she loves it and is the envy of her mates!
I''m looking forward to seeing your intitial design..

My package was (according to C.Service) on the van to be delivered all day today, but never came
38.gif
39.gif

I won''t be in tomorrow, but here''s hoping I have a nice surprise waiting when come home
5.gif

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
My package was delivered yesterday - but not to my address.
Someone signed for it - but not my name.

I am completely devastated right now and Aust. Post are being no help.
I had a bad feeling when it didn't show up yesterday - I've spoken to julia and the address
she put is correct. How can someone be so incompetent to deliver to wrong address- and than another so dishonest as to
take a package that is not theirs??!

29.gif
39.gif
29.gif

cammy85

Shiny_Rock
Oh no! i''m so sorry to hear that, I hope it gets resolved soon!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
That really stinks AJ. I hope whoever signed for it, will do the right thing and return it. I know how much you were looking forward to receiving your beautiful pendant.

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2009 2:11:04 AM
Author: arjunajane

I had a bad feeling when it didn''t show up yesterday - I''ve spoken to julia and the address

she put is correct. How can someone be so incompetent to deliver to wrong address- and than another so dishonest as to

29.gif
39.gif
29.gif

Honestly AJ I just sign on the line and don''t even look whether my name is on a package when I sign until after it''s in my house and then I go "hmmm....what is this?" so lets hope it''s just a mix up and that you''ll get it ASAP! Crossing my fingers for you!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/4/2009 2:11:04 AM
Author: arjunajane

I had a bad feeling when it didn''t show up yesterday - I''ve spoken to julia and the address

29.gif
39.gif
29.gif
oh no AJ! another postal "thief" arggghh
29.gif
I hope they find it soon! or the person who signed for it, made a mistake and will bring it to your house, I know I''ve signed for two packages before, and then looked to see that it was not me, and walked it over to my neighbors house both times. I hope they are honest and will do the same.

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Oh, no!

I bet it will still show up. I bet the person who signed for it will notice their mistake and return it.

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Oh no AJ this is terrible. Australia Post must have some record as to where it went.
This happens to us a fair bit. There are two streets in our city that have the same name one just has a bit added to it. We have lost birthday presents and other things when they get delivered to the wrong address.
I have been around to the other house but the just deny knowing anything about it.
But yours has your lovely stones in it so this is incredibly distressing. Fingers crossed the folks in Perth are more trustworthy than here.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou everyone for your thoughts - it''s been a roller coaster ride for sure.
I now have the package, but it''s under very suspicious circumstances and you can bet I''ll be complaining to Aust Post.
Kate - I don''t know if it''s the same where you are, but they use "contractors" to deliver most parcels here.

So I came home from work yesterday all ready to confront my dishonest neighbours - I was marching up and down ringing door bells, no answer.

Just when I was about to go inside, I see a guy walking down the drive holding my package - can you believe, it''s the delivery contractor guy! He asks me do I know number where (my number) is, I say yes its mine.!
I start to question him "I have been worrying about this package for 2 days, Aust Post told me it was delivered and signed for yesterday - did you try to deliver this yesterday?!"
He looks like he wants to disappear. All the contractors that come are always young asian guys without very good English, who just drive their own cars. He''s shaking his head "no".
I try again to get an explanation out of him "but they said someone signed for it yesterday with (this name) do you know what happened?!" but he won''t answer - instead he mumbles something about "too many houses" (there are 6) and asks me how to differentiate between the town houses - I point out to him the huge gold numbers on each of the doors, in logical order from front to back
20.gif

Only after I come inside do I realize he didn''t even ask me my name or to sign for it!
6.gif

So, my conclusion is one of two things -
- he slacked off yesterday and pretended to deliver it when it was due, saying (a weird variation of my name) signed for it.
or - he considered keeping it, but had to come back once I complained yesterday to the delivery centre.

I could tell from his behaviour he was hiding something...plus he didn''t ask me to sign.
Either way, he caused me a whole lot of stress and you can bet I am making a complaint!

so, after all that - both pieces are incredible, just completely beautiful.
Julia was correct, the photos do the ring No justice - it is wonderfully delicate and fluid and detailed in real life, and such a sparkler!
And the pendant is just perfect.

I will of course post photos soon - right now I''m still a bit exhausted over the emotional roller coaster of the last two days, lol..

Thanks everyone for your support!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good Grief AJ, what a fiasco. Now I am afraid to send anything out for a project
23.gif

I am so glad you finally received it though and I can''t wait to see pictures.

jmtomaui

Shiny_Rock
I''m glad I read to the bottom of the posts because I was going to fire off an angry retort to whoever had signed for / kept your package...

AJ, I''m so glad it showed up! I can''t wait to see your photos! I''m anxiously waiting to hear from Julia regarding mine so I can''t imagine the angst you had to be feeling when it was delivered somewhere else!! Or wherever it has been "hiding" for the last 2 days.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Thankyou jm and Linda..

yes, the whole thing was quite nerve-wracking!
I was thinking, the pendant could be made again (but wouldn''t really be the same) - but the ring, no way.
And I would''ve felt terrible for Julia, as I know she is emotionally invested
in her pieces too.

They were supposed to call me today with an explanation about why it didn''t come on Monday
when it was supposed to - of course no call
20.gif

Linda - yeah, it is concerning. But honestly, with all the many packages I have sent and received since joining PS, this is the first time I''ve had an issue.
I have to say, I don''t really agree with the contractors that Aust Post are using - I''m not saying this in any way from a racial view - but if they''re all young Asian guys who can''t speak or read English, I don''t think its a good idea they are entrusted with people''s valuable goods, kwim?

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
I am so glad it got to you safely! I can''t wait to see neck shots!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
AJ I spoke to the guy at the post office yesterday and I am actually pretty p***! Apparantly if someone ''signs'' for the parcel the contractor has fulfilled his duty. I does not matter if the person that signed wasn''t you it is up to the person that signed to go "oh goodness I did not order this ring/dress /book etc" and for THEM to contact Australia Post.
Even if they delivered to the wrong address it seems the onus is on the person who did not received the parcel to prove it!
I will be having everything of value registered in the future. It sucsk
29.gif
29.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results