shape
carat
color
clarity

Custom E-Ring Design - Pics Inside - Comments Please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JCJD

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/29/2005 7:50:23 PM
Author: ICAA
Fortunately, I started this process way in advance and am willing to wait for the ring to come together. I don''t even have a particular date set out yet to propose! The other advantage of starting early is that I can pay off the ring over time, not that it is the plan. As I mentioned, I have the centre stone already. I am willing to wait for pears that are consistent with the centre stone. The centre stone is phenomenal - a 9.2 on the Isee2 machine. Its just my picky nature.

Sounds like you''re on top of things there! No worries about your "picky nature"
2.gif
Once you get to the eye-clean versus mind-clean clarity grades, it''s all a matter of preference really. You''ve got plenty of time to search for your perfect pear pair! (LOL!!! Somebody stop me!!) Wow!!! Your center stone sounds amazing!! Can''t wait till it''s finished and on her hand so you can show us all pictures!!

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/1/2005 3:54:20 PM
Author: JCJD
Sounds like you're on top of things there! No worries about your 'picky nature'
2.gif
Once you get to the eye-clean versus mind-clean clarity grades, it's all a matter of preference really. You've got plenty of time to search for your perfect pear pair! (LOL!!! Somebody stop me!!) Wow!!! Your center stone sounds amazing!! Can't wait till it's finished and on her hand so you can show us all pictures!!
I should of mentioned the percentages on the centre stone. Its depth is 60.9% and table is 57%. The girdle is medium to slightly thick, faceted. Culet is 0.6%/pointed. I don't have all the angles off the top of my head. I'll put those in later today when I get home from work.
1.gif

ICAA

Rough_Rock
The angles from the Sarin report:

Crown: 34.1
Pavilion: 40.9

kellfire

Rough_Rock
Love the touches of modernism - awesome renderings! My engagement ring has bezelled pears too - and I agree, I prefer them low (flush with the band). The initial wax had them raised a bit.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-design-from-wax-to-platinum-here.23473/

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/5/2005 4:23
6.gif
6 PM
Author: kellfire
Love the touches of modernism - awesome renderings! My engagement ring has bezelled pears too - and I agree, I prefer them low (flush with the band). The initial wax had them raised a bit.

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-design-from-wax-to-platinum-here.23473/
Thanks for the response. Lovely ring you have there. Its nice to see some more real world variations to compare to my renderings. I have since given the jeweller some of my ideas and they are going to come back with revised renderings. I am quite excited about it and looking forward to seeing the revised renderings.

Out of curiosity, what width is your band? My girlfriend mentioned she wanted a narrow band - I am thinking maybe 2 mm.

Also, if you were familiar, how wide is your ring from tip to tip of the pears? I noticed your ring size is 8.5. I am trying to get an idea how much the ring I have concocted will spread across my girlfriend''s finger.
1.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous design! Very unique. I concur with the lower is better sentiment. Makes it much easier to wear, especially as she uses her hands a lot. I adore the bezel sides/prong center look, Tiffany''s Lucida 3 stone has the same combo, I really love it! I would vote for rounding out the shank, I think on a petite hand it would flow nicely. Can''t wait to see the finished product!

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/6/2005 4:52:34 AM
Author: MrsFrk
Gorgeous design! Very unique. I concur with the lower is better sentiment. Makes it much easier to wear, especially as she uses her hands a lot. I adore the bezel sides/prong center look, Tiffany''s Lucida 3 stone has the same combo, I really love it! I would vote for rounding out the shank, I think on a petite hand it would flow nicely. Can''t wait to see the finished product!
I just looked at the Lucida three stone and you are right, it is quite similar. I know I looked at that particular ring during my search for styles but I never saved it. The Lucida stands quite tall on the sides so almost has corners on the top. I want more of a rounded, flowing feel to it.
21.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, your design is much nicer than the Lucida, and so unique. The Lucida is just the first time I saw the bezel/prong combo. You''re gonna knock her socks off.
1.gif

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/7/2005 1:54:24 AM
Author: MrsFrk
Oh, your design is much nicer than the Lucida, and so unique. The Lucida is just the first time I saw the bezel/prong combo. You''re gonna knock her socks off.
1.gif
My girlfriend likes the Lucida - her friend has a custom replica. I certainly hope that my ring design blows her away. I suppose one can''t help but be nervous that she won''t like it.
32.gif
40.gif

MrsFrk

Brilliant_Rock
Feh! No contest whatsoever- your ring is going to rock her world!

Trust me- my husband is a wonderful man- but if I want something jewelry related, I have to print a picture of it and put a Post-It note on the pic that says "Honey, this is the ring/pendant/bracelet I like". Otherwise I''m getting zilcho.
5.gif
1.gif
I would be running screaming through the streets if he designed me a piece of jewelry. She''s gonna love it.

I have custom designed ring ( I designed it, natch), and I LOVE the idea that no one else has my ring.

ICAA

Rough_Rock
Here are the updated renderings from the jeweller. There are a couple things that we discussed regarding these latest renderings.

The first thing is that the bezels were given a "balloon" look and as a result look thick. The excess material on the bezels won''t be there. We explicitly discussed that the bezels would not have that excess material. They were made to look "fat" to simply show that the topline of the bezel will be thin/smooth. This was a result of problems getting the rendering software to do what was wanted.

The second thing is that where the tips of the pears join with the band look sharp and rather disjointed - this will be smoothed out. Also, the "bezel" that is below and sits against the finger will also be smoothed out where it joins the band. Again, this is because of the rendering and the way the shapes were put together. The jeweller will smooth out these junction points to ensure they look seamless and blend with the smooth lines of the rest of the ring.

Any comments?

keenan%201a.jpg

keenan%202a.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results