shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut Engagement Ring - Did i get ripped off?

dollyanjuli

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
diamondrookie22|1469649339|4059946 said:
farrahlyn|1469648396|4059935 said:
agreed, some people love a bulkier setting and with lots going on. But, just bc your future MIL likes it tho doesn't mean your F will. I would not want my mom to pick out a ring for me just because our styles are SO DIFFERENT and while she might pick something lovely, it wouldn't be exactly what i want. Maybe question a friend that you trust to keep quiet or see if maybe she has a pinterest page. Most ladies will pin erings they like in hopes their man will see it. :lol: Take a look at her current jewelry, is this the sort of thing she goes for or is she into more simple things or more blingy things?

Honestly, she is more of a simple person. not flashy at all. The more I think about it, the more a thinner band would probably be better. I really just agreed with my MIL cause the side of the ring looks like infinity symbols and my fiancé is obsessed with them. She has a ring and a necklace with the infinity symbol on it. Not sure if that's a valid reason to get a thicker band though. Being a clueless guy sucks :lol:

hahahahah!

one more thing to keep in mind- most well made delicate settings with pave are going to be more than 1K. So if you want a stone with high clarity/ color you may need to go down a bit in size of your center stone. Not sure if thats a deal breaker for you of if you can up your budget to accommodate a more expensive setting and keep a stone in that size and specs you want.

Also as someone who works with local jewelers, maybe talk to the guy about your feelings and see if they will apply your credit to a different setting, and not force you into this one. Or maybe use it towards a band, or buying her a different jewelry gift you can give at the wedding. Things to think about. Often times people are open to compromises, no one likes losing out on a sale.

farrahlyn

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LOL! Sounds like you're not totally clueless! I think most guys are not totally aware of how much the details mean to a woman when it comes to an engagement ring. if i remember right, Stuller has some solitaire type settings with infinity symbols in the gallery. If she loves it then definitely try to incorporate it in the ring design!

So i think you should create another post requesting help on the stone and setting, titled something like "Need help choosing a cushion and setting". Post your all in budget, color preference for the stone and let the masters here do their work! Be sure to include details like her love for infinity symbol and some other details about her (age, clothing style, jewelry she currently wears, lifestyle, etc) so that we can get a feel for her preferences. it really does help find something her specific style.

edited to add:
http://www.stuller.com/products/build/123059/12508512/?groupId=193785

You could even do a solitaire with an infinity band
http://www.stuller.com/products/122962/?groupId=193333

diamondrookie22

Rough_Rock
I will do that. Thank you all so much for your help! This was all amazing advice

diamondrookie22

Rough_Rock
farrahlyn|1469649950|4059954 said:
LOL! Sounds like you're not totally clueless! I think most guys are not totally aware of how much the details mean to a woman when it comes to an engagement ring. if i remember right, Stuller has some solitaire type settings with infinity symbols in the gallery. If she loves it then definitely try to incorporate it in the ring design!

So i think you should create another post requesting help on the stone and setting, titled something like "Need help choosing a cushion and setting". Post your all in budget, color preference for the stone and let the masters here do their work! Be sure to include details like her love for infinity symbol and some other details about her (age, clothing style, jewelry she currently wears, lifestyle, etc) so that we can get a feel for her preferences. it really does help find something her specific style.

edited to add:
http://www.stuller.com/products/build/123059/12508512/?groupId=193785

You could even do a solitaire with an infinity band
http://www.stuller.com/products/122962/?groupId=193333

Those rings are amazing! definitely right up her alley. Thank you!!! :clap:

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but.... he asked you her ring size, implying he was sizing it - and you said you were coming back with the $ balance - ostensibly to pick it up in the correct ring size. I hope it works out in your favor- but I'm just sayin'

diamondrookie22

Rough_Rock
motownmama|1469663244|4060049 said:
I don't want to be Debbie Downer, but.... he asked you her ring size, implying he was sizing it - and you said you were coming back with the $ balance - ostensibly to pick it up in the correct ring size. I hope it works out in your favor- but I'm just sayin'

Understood and I agree. However, he was telling me the whole time the first day we met that if I wasn't 100% satisfied he would give me a full refund within 30 days. I realized I wasn't satisfied before I even gave him the money. If I brought the full balance for the ring earlier this week and then went back to him today and said I wasn't satisfied then according to him, hed give me a full refund. So really whats the difference?

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, that clarifies things then. Many times once it's sized you own it, or they'll give you credit towards something else. That's great if you can get the full refund. Keep us posted - don't leave us hanging!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results