shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut E Ring + Wedding Band...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Mokey

Shiny_Rock
For what it is worth, I really like your ring the way it is, as I said before. It is my opinion, and take it for what it is worth, that the milgrain is going to go out of style, kind of like all of the crusty pave looks will. I think that milgrain holds a place on some rings, especially those that someone is trying to make look more expensive especially when smaller diamonds are used. I think that the way your ring is will make it look a little too busy and take away from the nice sized stones you have now. I also think that over time it will look dirty, or "marcassitey", if that makes any sense. I think that milgrain holds its place on some rings, but not really yours. I think that you already have a lot going on, stones on the head, cushion cut stone, diamonds down the sides and adding a diamond band. I think you would get tired of the milgrain. Like I said, this is just my opinion and I don''t want to miff any of the milgrain loving ladies out there, but I truly think it is stunning the way it is. Still one of my favorites! Mokey

GGLW

Shiny_Rock
I agree with the majority here...please don''t milgrain anything!
I think your set is absolutely breathtaking and sophisticated as is...and as Matatora stated, what if the milgraining is not done well and then you are stuck with it?
Please keep your beautiful set as is and enjoy!!! I know it''s easy to get caught up in wanting other things the longer you hang out here on PS, but just try to take a step back and think about what you will love in the long run.

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
And don''t you think it may look a little weird with the milgrain on the band and e-ring when the prongs have diamonds and no milgrain? Or would you milgrain those too?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
It is very beautiful. I am a huge milgrain fan but I think no matter what you decide it will look perfect.

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
I love milgrain, but honestly, your set is SO PRETTY right now as it is. I''d leave it!

gingerBcookie

Brilliant_Rock
i LOVE love love your set. absolutely gorgeous as is! but i am a huge milgrin fan and my set will be similar to yours, except for the milgraining, so i''m going to say yes to milgraining purely on the basis of my huge bias
3.gif

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
I''m going to go against the crowd here and say that I think I''d prefer it with milgraining. I love milgrain, especially with a cushion...it seems to compliment the antique look of the cushion. I think it''s a stunning ring either way, but the milgraining would get my vote...

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
I am also going to have to go against what most people have already said, and this is clearly just my opinion, but I would add milgraining...

I love antique jewelry and really love cushions (although I have an asscher), and I think it would look even better (hard to do though, your ring is already wonderful!)....

Once again, this is just my opinion. If it is done right, it would be amazing!!!

woobug02

Ideal_Rock
WONDERFUL!!!!!

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/22/2006 8:04:59 PM
Author: lizz
And don''t you think it may look a little weird with the milgrain on the band and e-ring when the prongs have diamonds and no milgrain? Or would you milgrain those too?

He said they would be able to do those too - he''d go as high as the basket with it... all without taking things apart. Don''t ask me how. This does seem crazy to me. I do agree that it would look weird otherwise.

--

I see there are more miligraining people popping up. I could so go either way with this. It''s amazing how us pricescope people can sweat over such tiny details. Most people I show the ring to would have no idea if it was even milgrained or not... :) Anyway, thank you again for the opinions. I am taking everything into consideration.

singer

Brilliant_Rock
Just my opinion, but.....DON''T DO IT!!!! LOL. No, really, I love it just the way it is!
30.gif

tina sparkle

Shiny_Rock
hi, i''m new to the boards but i feel the need to reply. please don''t milgrain. you''re set is beautiful and i always think "if it aint broke don''t fix it". just my two cents.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think milgraining is beautiful on antique style rings and NEVER goes out of style! I love your ring just like it is, but I can see that it might look better with the wedding band if it also had milgrain.

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
I''M DYING HERE. WHO MAKES THAT SETTING??????

WHERE DID YOU GET IT?????

I think that is a great setting! Its so beautiful! I love the basket!!!!!!!!

Somebody please tell me. :) I want it now!!!!

MissCongeniality

Shiny_Rock
By the way, I wouldnt milgrain. I like it how it is.

Where oh where does the e ring and wedding band come from? Who is that designer????

swingirl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/17/2006 7:32:09 PM
Author:cushioncut
Hi Everyone,

I have not posted on here in a while! Many of you helped me purchase my stone and decide on the setting for my e-ring... Anyway, we recently got our wedding bands, and the jeweler gave me the option of miligraining mine. He also said it would not be a problem to go back and miligrain my e-ring as well... Anyway, I can''t decide if I should have the set done, or keep it as it is -- so I thought I''d turn to you guys again for your thoughts. :) Please let me know what you think. I do love the e ring as it is, but... I do love miligraining too.
31.gif
I''m torn.

(More pics to come)

Ring size 6 1/4 - diamond, 2.04, I, SI1, 64 depth, 58 table, no flor

Take care, - CC
Your ring is absolutly beautiful. Where did you get the setting. Custom made?

I have been looking for something like this but until I saw yours, I didn''t know how beautiful it could be. I am new at Pricescope but very lucky to have found it.

diamondjunkie

Rough_Rock
Well, I am new here and I think it is perfect just the way it is. I personally don''t care for milgrain thoughso my opinion is biased. It always puts me in mind of those very inexpensive (ok, cheap) gold band with the milgrain on the edges that you see in every mall jewelery store, pawn shop, and discount magazine. (Of course this is just my opinion and I would NEVER want to offend anyone) Your ring is STUNNING! I personally would keep it the way it is now. A thought though is that you could wait a litlle while. Where the band around the house just a little to see how it feels to you and then make your decision. Good Luck!

DonaBella

Brilliant_Rock
Have you tried on milgrained e-rings or bands to see how they would look on you? Personally, I adore the look of cushion cuts with milgraining, but I also have seen some lovely settings where there is none and it is exquisite. Which is more you? Keep in mind, you do not need to decide now. You could wear them both together for a few months and then decide. If you are 100% sold on the milgraining however, then go with your heart...

FYI...My set had milgraining just around the crown or bracelet that embraced the diamond and on the diamond studded prongs. The rest of the rings were edged in a French pave which complemented the look.

Just a thought...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results