shape
carat
color
clarity

Cushion Cut Center Stone Advice

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone, so I was looking for some expert advise on a cushion cut center stone i found on James Allen. This will place in a cushion style halo setting and I want to make sure it will have a good sparkle and fire in natural light. Thank you

CARAT WEIGHT: 1.25
COLOR: D
CLARITY: VS2
POLISH: Very Good
SYMMETRY: Very Good
FLUORESCENCE: None
L/W/D (MM): 6.70*5.67*3.90
L/W RATIO: 1.18

DEPTH %: 68.80
GIRDLE: Medium - Thick
TABLE %: 59.00

absolutme77

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure what diamond you are looking at but it's not showing up on a search on JA. If you link to it, the experts can give you a preliminary assessment and would also advise you, if it looked good, to get an ASET on the diamond.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Like absoluteme was saying, we need a link. You can put it on hold with JA first to make sure no one snatches it. Numbers alone don't tell us enough about fancy cut stones.

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to get an aset image so we can check on light return...request from JA. We refer to this type of stone as crushed ice. Most PSERS prefer to see some sort of faceting pattern but that may not be your preference.

Can you tell us your specs/ buget and will show you what we think are nice stones.

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
oh okay i will request it. thank you I am looking for cushion cut with a budget of $7000 for the center stone.

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
tyty333|1462745513|4029071 said:
You need to get an aset image so we can check on light return...request from JA. We refer to this type of stone as crushed ice. Most PSERS prefer to see some sort of faceting pattern but that may not be your preference.

Can you tell us your specs/ buget and will show you what we think are nice stones.

Got into contact with James Allen and I was told they are not able to provide an aset image because they do not have the diamond at the location.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will look for you later today.

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Perfect! You are good to go! That's an A ASET.

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1462922403|4029989 said:
Perfect! You are good to go! That's an A ASET.

Sounds good! Im hoping this will have enough fire and sparkle in natural light then the current center i have. Thank you for the help much appreciated

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It will. Keep it clean. A clean diamond is a sparkly diamond.

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1462927166|4030014 said:

Thank you. Also one question i have round cut 1.14ct Its suppose to be H color VS1 without any grading report. Will the cushion cut face up smaller then the round cut i have now? thank you

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
Gypsy|1462927166|4030014 said:

This is the stone i am going to replace with the cushion cut. img_1158.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did your jeweler tell you the dimensions you needed in a cushion to fit your setting well? The stone Gypsy picked is beautiful, but the first one was not a good one.

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1462933497|4030045 said:
Did your jeweler tell you the dimensions you needed in a cushion to fit your setting well? The stone Gypsy picked is beautiful, but the first one was not a good one.

Well my jeweler is willing to take the round cut back and refund me as well as fitting the new center on the setting and if need be to cast a new one with the proper sizing. the jeweler originally told me that the round cuts would look bigger in comparison to a cushion cut and after some time the round cut color started looking a little yellow judging by the color grade of H and under certain lighting conditions it looks a little dull and doesn't have as much sparkle. which is why i wanted to switch over to cushion cut Gypsy showed me. The price i paid for the round cut compared to the cushion is not much of a difference but it is reassuring to have the GIA report vs the GRA Appraisal i have for this one.

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
Just wanted to take the time to Thank everyone on price scope that helped me with the cushion cut and wanted to thank Gypsy for picking out a great cushion cut stone it is way better looking in person and i will update after the diamond is set. Thanks again :dance:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
You are happy with it?? :wavey:

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
The stone looks great under many lighting conditions for the budget i had and quality of the stone i believe i got my moneys worth. it sparkles better then the round cut i currently have and I'm sure my girlfriend will love it as well once i propose.Thank you appreciate the help Gypsy

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy!

You are more than welcome. If you get the chance, once you propose we would love some hand shots of the ring on her hand. :wavey:

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
Not a problem will do.

Anthony_Rx

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone just wanted to take a moment and thank everyone that helped me out picking out the center stone. My girlfriend, now my fiancé loved the ring. I promised some hand shots which i will be posting. Thank you to Gypsy the stone was perfect sparkles in the sun and in the dark much appreciated. img_2839_1.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results