Votes: 1 11.1%
  • C. Will overwhelm your stone

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
image_1013.jpg

I fell in love with the look that these 2 curved bands created. I didn't buy them bc the diamond quality didn't match my ring. So, my best bet is to have my jeweler make them. But I have a few concerns. I like the dainty look. Idk if the picture is clear but my ring's band is thicker. In order to match it perfectly, the curved bands will be thicker and idk if they will overwhelm my stone. So please chime in!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It may just be the picture or the angle at which it was taken but I'm honestly not loving these bands with your ring. Although they are not big or bulky, I do think they sort of overwhelm the ring.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the slightly thinner bands! Your stone and halo provide a lot of coverage, so I don't think the thin bands take away from your ring.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1470579074|4063268 said:
I like the slightly thinner bands! Your stone and halo provide a lot of coverage, so I don't think the thin bands take away from your ring.

Ditto...It looks like an engagement ring with a triple band shank to me. I like the thinner bands on the outside. Thicker bands
may be too much IMO.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nala, you change your setting pretty often. I think if you have these bands made, they will have no use at all the next time you change your setting. So I personally wouldn't do it unless your jeweler allows a trade in with full value on bands.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with DS. Especially since you posted recently that you had doubts on your halo being too sharp.
Personally I would not opt for the bands. Also since the set looks like one ring with a shank consisting of 3 bands and I prefer a look with a clearly separate band.

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DS and Acinom. I thought about what you said and I didn't order the bands. But a funny thing happened! I was shopping at my local outlet mall and walked in to Kay outlet and wouldn't you know-- they have a preowned section! So I picked up this curved band for only 100 dollars! And the sales lady sourced me another one which should arrive in 10 days! Here's a picture:
image_1018.jpg

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And here's how it looks stacked with one of my new stackers!
image_1019.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great find Nala! And what a steal :appl:
I love the stacked look with your other stacking band (your last pic) as well as the look with one curved band. Both set your diamond ring center stage while creating a fun stacked look.

Keep us updated on your findings!

Madison2

Brilliant_Rock
Just my opinion here, I love your ring without the curvy band. I think the picture of your diamond ring with one band where you posted looking for advice on the halo being too sharp at the corners, is just classy and elegant. I love that look. But you have to pick what you like and makes your heart skip a beat :D
Good luck nala.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow nala, great find, I really like the look, post a pic when you get the other band. I enjoy your jewelry adventures!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Madison2|1470830768|4064229 said:
Just my opinion here, I love your ring without the curvy band. I think the picture of your diamond ring with one band where you posted looking for advice on the halo being too sharp at the corners, is just classy and elegant. I love that look. But you have to pick what you like and makes your heart skip a beat :D
Good luck nala.
I totally get what you are saying! I plan to rotate the bands just to mix it up a little!

nala

Ideal_Rock
Premium
junebug17|1470834866|4064238 said:
Wow nala, great find, I really like the look, post a pic when you get the other band. I enjoy your jewelry adventures!
image_1037.jpg
Thanks Junebug! I picked it up yesterday!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
nala|1471476139|4067090 said:
junebug17|1470834866|4064238 said:
image_1037.jpg
Thanks Junebug! I picked it up yesterday!

Oh wow I love the look! :love: So nice to have the option of a little more bling when you feel like it, so pretty!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results