shape
carat
color
clarity

Curated ear piercing?

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This whole thread has revived my love of multiple piercings. So much so that I took my daughter (15) to get her helix pierced this past weekend! I have enough holes in my ear at this time, thinking of getting my nose pierced, at 47!

@Nikki1415 , I really love the 2-tone spiral helix ring you have on in this picture, can you tell me where you got this (hopefully online)!

I LOVE my nose ring! I got it when I was 15 and nearly 20 years later it's still my jam!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE my nose ring! I got it when I was 15 and nearly 20 years later it's still my jam!

I think I would love mine too if I got one now, but my teens think I'm weird and I'm going through some kind of mid-life crisis, and my husband said I missed the boat about 20 years ago...haha.

Nikki1415

Brilliant_Rock
I think I would love mine too if I got one now, but my teens think I'm weird and I'm going through some kind of mid-life crisis, and my husband said I missed the boat about 20 years ago...haha.

Even if you got it done 20 years ago, you'd probably still have it in now so it doesn't matter if you get it done now lol.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love these multiple ear piercings! They look so good. I didn't get regular ear piercings until I was 25 though and it was a terrible experience so not sure that I'll ever get any more.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thought I would catch people up on how the triple piercing is going (for those who are considering more piercings).

Despite meticulous cleaning and care, I developed an infection of that ear and had to go on antibiotics. I didn’t mess around once I had all the signs and so the antibiotics kicked in and did their job well. That was maybe 3 weeks ago?

The piercings were doing really well after that until I went to my massage therapist and he bumped them about 10 times. Very painful and then one annoyed little piercing developed a blister around the hole as a trauma response. The piercing gal recommended a heating pad several times a day to increase blood flow to the area, and that has healed the blister significantly. Still has aways to go though.

There were a few moments when I wished I hadn’t done it (like when it was throbbing and itchy, hot and painful from the infection), but I seem to be over the worst of it now. There is still a lot of healing to do (not of the infection, just generally). You weren’t kidding people, when you told me it takes quite some time to heal!

I now get why they will only do a few piercings at a time (the shop up to 3 on one side only and it also depends on what 3, where). My body sure felt those 3 piercings and I’m taking extra care of myself to help it heal by way of more rest, healthy diet and exercise, plenty of fluids.

Will I get more piercings? Probably. I’ll see these 3 healed up first and give my body a break for a while, but yes I have plans for the other ear. Being a pricescope, I’m all about adornment :)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The most popular approach now to healing piercings is LITHA method. Leave it the hell alone. No heat, salt water, chamomile tea, soap, anything. This includes no touching at all. Hypertrophic scars happen and heal. You did the antibiotics, which is fine. I had to do that with one piercing because I got an ear infection partly due to doing water soaks. The water got into my ear duct too often. YMMV.

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thanks to this thread, and through encouragement of the PS members who said there is no age limit to getting piercings, I went and did this today:

5FDCC4E3-E6A1-408D-B46E-19A09480E119.jpeg

I think it looks fabulous!
Hell no to the age limit! I’m about to turn 54 :)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to this thread, and through encouragement of the PS members who said there is no age limit to getting piercings, I went and did this today:

5FDCC4E3-E6A1-408D-B46E-19A09480E119.jpeg

looks good! i used to have one of those. ..took it out to look more "corporate" but every so often i think about repiercing :)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
looks good! i used to have one of those. ..took it out to look more "corporate" but every so often i think about repiercing :)

Funny thing is, I work at a large global corporation, and couple of weeks is review week, so my first thought was: “yikes, probably should have waited” but I have already had my review with my boss, so the next to weeks are with the people that report to me.

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny thing is, I work at a large global corporation, and couple of weeks is review week, so my first thought was: “yikes, probably should have waited” but I have already had my review with my boss, so the next to weeks are with the people that report to me.

it was more self-imposed on my part =)

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nostril piercings are practically mandatory where I live, lol. I got mine about 15 years ago. Sometimes people would look at it. My husband thought I was nuts. Now you see it absolutely everywhere. I forget I even have it unless I accidentally rip it out. It's another place to stick a diamond!

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Thank you ;))
Me too!

Show us what you get!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
unless Bruce Springsteen gets it done i aint doing it
i don't enjoy pain
especially ear pain
but I'll admire all of yours

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yeah this - I got an extra lobe piercings as an act of rebellion after my separation. Hurt like hell and wouldn't heal right so eventually gave up and removed them both. :(sad Unfortunately the multiple piercings style was super popular with bogans in the 80's/90's here so I can't seem to shake that image... ie. my sisters were utterly horrified when I did it. :lol:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I'm psycho, but I actually adore the feeling of getting piercings.

I stopped years ago when they became too much though.
I also love love the feeling of getting a tattoo but after getting one and only one at 17 I realized I didnt want anything on my body and had it removed.

I was a crazy teen and pierced my ears and cartilage myself several times.
I probably have done 7 or 8 piercings total myself on each ear with a clean gun as a teen with my best friends.
Wed just buy them at sallys beauty supply and go to town.

We were known for having them all the way up our ears. I was also rebellious and pierced my belly button myself at home with a best friend at 14, she got the 14g needle from her mother who was a nurse at the time and I sterilized it all by watching a youtube video.

That sh** was painful because the belly button is tough to get through with a needle even at a professional piercer, let alone two unexperienced 14yr olds.

So, it took time to shove it through and after we felt so accomplished.
Luckily I never got any infections in any piercing but I truly was as careful as possible about it. You'd be surprised how much a young teen can learn and follow when they're determined.

I was crazy!
Nowadays I have 3 lobe piercings in each ear and then one lil' cartilage piericng at the top of my ear on one side. All seven are from me and are the only ones I kept on my ears from those days. I still have my belly button ring ;))

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I'm psycho, but I actually adore the feeling of getting piercings.

I stopped years ago when they became too much though.
I also love love the feeling of getting a tattoo but after getting one and only one at 17 I realized I didnt want anything on my body and had it removed.

I was a crazy teen and pierced my ears and cartilage myself several times.
I probably have done 7 or 8 piercings total myself on each ear with a clean gun as a teen with my best friends.
Wed just buy them at sallys beauty supply and go to town.

We were known for having them all the way up our ears. I was also rebellious and pierced my belly button myself at home with a best friend at 14, she got the 14g needle from her mother who was a nurse at the time and I sterilized it all by watching a youtube video.

That sh** was painful because the belly button is tough to get through with a needle even at a professional piercer, let alone two unexperienced 14yr olds.

So, it took time to shove it through and after we felt so accomplished.
Luckily I never got any infections in any piercing but I truly was as careful as possible about it. You'd be surprised how much a young teen can learn and follow when they're determined.

I was crazy!
Nowadays I have 3 lobe piercings in each ear and then one lil' cartilage piericng at the top of my ear on one side. All seven are from me and are the only ones I kept on my ears from those days. I still have my belly button ring ;))
Whoa girl! You are bad @$$!!!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Whoa girl! You are bad @$$!!!

I will totally take that compliment but i think im just a weirdo that likes certain types of pain!
I enjoy babying incisions or cuts as well. I had a c-section and kinda enjoyed the feeling of aftercare.
I know im weird.

Quick, now someone take the microphone back so I don't get y'all off topic!
Back to pretty personalized piercings! Lol

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
I will totally take that compliment but i think im just a weirdo that likes certain types of pain!
I enjoy babying incisions or cuts as well. I had a c-section and kinda enjoyed the feeling of aftercare.
I know im weird.

Quick, now someone take the microphone back so I don't get y'all off topic!
Back to pretty personalized piercings! Lol

Absolutely! It was said with admiration :appl:

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Next 2 piercings done, the stacked lobes, other ear. 20200729_101118.jpg Not exactly as I wanted them, but close enough I guess. That was a helluva lot easier than the triple cartilage ones!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results