shape
carat
color
clarity

Culets on dbty bracelet poking - do you get used to it?

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah I do think singles are a bit more comfortable. I think mostly bc the single diamonds tend to stay on top of my arm, and theres no diamonds under my wrist when l, say, lay it on a table. I hope that makes sense? I sold my six stone about 2 years ago to help fund my upgrade. I do miss it, it was way blingier than these single stone ones. But the six stone wasnt too uncomfortable to wear daily, for me anyway. I do have sensory issues, so when something is truly uncomfortable, it has to go, lol!!!

Thank you Meesmom for answering so many of my questions. It is really helpful!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Meesmom for answering so many of my questions. It is really helpful!

You are so welcome!! After you decide, please show us what you end up getting. I just love looking at dbty, its so beautiful!!:kiss2:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
You are so welcome!! After you decide, please show us what you end up getting. I just love looking at dbty, its so beautiful!!:kiss2:

Will do! Any decision is hard for me. I always end up taking a long time. :think: I will say, this has been fun for me to think about while staying home these past weeks.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Will do! Any decision is hard for me. I always end up taking a long time. :think: I will say, this has been fun for me to think about while staying home these past weeks.

Me too, I need a project too! Maybe that yg single stone???:confused:Yes take your time, its not an easy decision.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Me too, I need a project too! Maybe that yg single stone???:confused:Yes take your time, its not an easy decision.

Yes, I think that would look beautiful! Another option would be adding a color by the yard bracelet. @Alext has a pink sapphire bracelet with her diamond bracelet and I love that look!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are yours single or multiple stones? Bc when i had multiple stone ones, they tangled like mad. My single stone ones behave much better tho.

Both single station :))

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello @OdetteOdile :wavey:

I’m not sure if mine poke very slightly and I’m not sensitive to it or if they’re fully masked by the bezel depth - I’ll check tomorrow!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Yssie!

So I just checked my WF DBTY, and the culets of my ten-point ACA RB melee extend between 0.65mm and 0.8mm past the bottom of the bezel. I suppose I'm really just not that sensitive - I was surprised to find that they protrude that much!

The culets of the 5-point stones in my Tiffany baby bezel studs also look like the protrude just a tad (much less), but Tiffany's platinum bezels are very delicate in both width and depth (vs. Tiffany's silver bezels, which are comparatively chunky). For earrings the culet protrusion is covered by the metal to which the post attaches, of course.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
So I just checked my WF DBTY, and the culets of my ten-point ACA RB melee extend between 0.65mm and 0.8mm past the bottom of the bezel. I suppose I'm really just not that sensitive - I was surprised to find that they protrude that much!

The culets of the 5-point stones in my Tiffany baby bezel studs also look like the protrude just a tad (much less), but Tiffany's platinum bezels are very delicate in both width and depth (vs. Tiffany's silver bezels, which are comparatively chunky). For earrings the culet protrusion is covered by the metal to which the post attaches, of course.

Wow - thank you for all the information!! I really admire your WF DBTY conversion piece. Once we can get out again, I will head to Tiffany and try some things on to see what exactly I can feel. It could be that if stones are small enough, even if the culet protrudes a bit, I will not feel them.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted one but the flipping turned me off.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted one but the flipping turned me off.

Yes it is definitely something you have to accept with this style of bracelet. They are so fluid, there is just no keeping them perfect and in place.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Yes it is definitely something you have to accept with this style of bracelet. They are so fluid, there is just no keeping them perfect and in place.

Ok I'll admit it...i flipped the diamonds to be face up before i took the pic above. :oops:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @meesmom I have another question for you =)2 For the 6 stone bracelet, did the culets protrude a bit, but you just didn't feel them?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @meesmom I have another question for you =)2 For the 6 stone bracelet, did the culets protrude a bit, but you just didn't feel them?

Hi sorry just seeing this..
Yes the 6 stones do protrude a little. But the diamonds are .05 cts each, while the diamonds on the 5 stone are, i believe, .08 cts. each. The size difference accounts for the .05 sticking out of the bezel a lot less thant the .08. Or, at least, thats how i remember it!! :) i hope that makes sense?

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Hi sorry just seeing this..
Yes the 6 stones do protrude a little. But the diamonds are .05 cts each, while the diamonds on the 5 stone are, i believe, .08 cts. each. The size difference accounts for the .05 sticking out of the bezel a lot less thant the .08. Or, at least, thats how i remember it!! :) i hope that makes sense?

That totally makes sense. Thank you very much for your reply!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
That totally makes sense. Thank you very much for your reply!

I was looking thru my archived photos, and look what i found! Its a pic of my single stones, with the six stone in between. You can see the size difference (single stones are .08 and also how the six stone lays flatter on my wrist. Hope this helps too!! :wavey:
IMG_20170818_185934017.jpg

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I was looking thru my archived photos, and look what i found! Its a pic of my single stones, with the six stone in between. You can see the size difference (single stones are .08 and also how the six stone lays flatter on my wrist. Hope this helps too!! :wavey:
IMG_20170818_185934017.jpg

Thank you so much - you are awesome!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I wear the Tiffany dbty 7 stone w 14 pointers in platinum. It’s my everyday bracelet I never take it off. (Except to clean) I have very very sensitive skin and I only noticed the culets for the first few days. I have the necklace too, once in awhile I can feel the culets on the back of my neck.
If it’s a bad allergy/sensitive skin day, I geti itchy from it and need to take it off. Maybe 2-3 times year.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Hi! I wear the Tiffany dbty 7 stone w 14 pointers in platinum. It’s my everyday bracelet I never take it off. (Except to clean) I have very very sensitive skin and I only noticed the culets for the first few days. I have the necklace too, once in awhile I can feel the culets on the back of my neck.
If it’s a bad allergy/sensitive skin day, I geti itchy from it and need to take it off. Maybe 2-3 times year.

Thank you for your reply AuntKiki! It is good to know that perhaps I could get used to it.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Tagging @Alex T
I felt I needed to come here and update you all because the advice and experience of everyone who helped me here was so very helpful. After much consideration, I decided to go forward with purchasing my dream bracelet. I had a very unique opportunity to buy the Tiffany 7 stone 14 pointer bracelet preloved, and for a very good price. Given that auntkiki had managed to adjust to the bracelet after a few days I decided to see if I would as well. I was nervous about it, but my husband encouraged me to try it. I am happy to say that I did adjust to it, and it has become my every day bracelet. I do not feel the culets poking anymore. I love it!!
228D16BC-23B5-4F3A-BEBB-2E5C69E39528.jpeg

headlight

Ideal_Rock
That’s great news! Thanks for the update. Look fabulous on you. I’m loving your dog, as well! Congrats!!!

AuntKiki

Shiny_Rock
Yay!!! It's beautiful and looks great with your watch! Love your doggie too!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Tagging @Alex T
I felt I needed to come here and update you all because the advice and experience of everyone who helped me here was so very helpful. After much consideration, I decided to go forward with purchasing my dream bracelet. I had a very unique opportunity to buy the Tiffany 7 stone 14 pointer bracelet preloved, and for a very good price. Given that auntkiki had managed to adjust to the bracelet after a few days I decided to see if I would as well. I was nervous about it, but my husband encouraged me to try it. I am happy to say that I did adjust to it, and it has become my every day bracelet. I do not feel the culets poking anymore. I love it!!

Wow, looks so beautiful and classy!! :appl: I saw one of these sell on ebay recently for an insanely low price (I am slowly looking for a new 6 stone!) :lol:. I wonder if that was you?

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tagging @Alex T

Love it very much :kiss2: And I love that you went from a tiny single station silver Tiffany to a honking 7 station platinum Tiffany in the blink of an eye! And goodness, it looks perfect on you!

I do think you just "find" yourself with a piece of jewellery sometimes. You dip your toe in the water first & then just jump right in!

So glad I was thinking about how you were getting on & decided to ask!

Last edited:

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Love it very much :kiss2: And I love that you went from a tiny single station silver Tiffany to a honking 7 station platinum Tiffany in the blink of an eye! And goodness, it looks perfect on you!

I do think you just "find" yourself with a piece of jewellery sometimes. You dip your toe in the water first & then just jump right in!

So glad I was thinking about how you were getting on & decided to ask!

Thank you for thinking of me Alex =)2 I have been enjoying the bracelet more than I had even anticipated! It has been about 10 years since I have put some real thought into my personal style, and I feel like I am slowing finding my way with jewelry. I feel anxiety before a large purchase, so trying out the smaller silver one really helped me to get a feel for it in advance.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, looks so beautiful and classy!! :appl: I saw one of these sell on ebay recently for an insanely low price (I am slowly looking for a new 6 stone!) :lol:. I wonder if that was you?

Thank you so much meesmom! I have been watching your Riviere thread with excitement! No, this bracelet did not come from ebay. I found it on TheRealReal.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results