shape
carat
color
clarity

Culets on dbty bracelet poking - do you get used to it?

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I recently tried on what I thought was my dream dbty bracelet. Unfortunately I noticed that I could absolutely feel the culets touching my skin - they felt like little pins! The stones were 14 pointers. The bracelet was loose enough - about a half inch larger than my wrist size and I was not applying pressure. I'm curious if others have noticed the culets poking their wrist and if they got used to it. I am afraid to buy a bracelet that I will never wear because it is uncomfortable for me.

Also, if you have a dbty bracelet where the culets are not touching your skin at all because of bezel, I would love to hear about that. I have a sterling silver Tiffany dbty with a 5 pointer and the it is very comfortable. The culet does not touch my skin at all.

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
I have a gold Tiffany DBTY bracelet with three diamonds on it. I absolutely love it. I’ve never noticed the diamonds poking my skin but I can check tomorrow.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
If it’s bothering you now it’s going to bother you more - my experience with things. And it clearly bothers you enough to ask. They may have used stones that are too deep to work well in this type of application, that’s all I can conjecture without seeing and trying it myself. I have a Roberto Coin white gold DBTY necklace I’ve had for years, a little longer than choker length (adjustable). I actually forgot that I owned it and just started wearing it again when I reorganized my safe and found it. It’s been a great layering piece with so many things I have. I have not felt it against my skin. And just last week I even slept with it on. The bezel is delicate as I’m not into heavy bezels. It’s actually interesting that you posted this because I was cleaning it and I noticed the culet points when I did that and it caught my attention because I had never noticed that before (or just forgot) and it seemed so odd to me to be able to feel the bottom of a stone as I’m used to diamonds being in mountings. I think you should source that style elsewhere. If you have a return period, maybe you could order elsewhere and be able to compare it with another and then you’ll know if it is just that particular bracelet or if it just isn’t the right style for you.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I have a gold Tiffany DBTY bracelet with three diamonds on it. I absolutely love it. I’ve never noticed the diamonds poking my skin but I can check tomorrow.

Thank you!

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes the pricking has been my experience too. No, I didn’t get used it it. But I have sensitive skin and even hate the feel of wool on my skin.

I hated how dirty the diamonds get - and the flipping. Drives me nuts.

Sits in the jewellery box unloved. I want to love it but just don’t, sadly.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
If it’s bothering you now it’s going to bother you more - my experience with things. And it clearly bothers you enough to ask. They may have used stones that are too deep to work well in this type of application, that’s all I can conjecture without seeing and trying it myself. I have a Roberto Coin white gold DBTY necklace I’ve had for years, a little longer than choker length (adjustable). I actually forgot that I owned it and just started wearing it again when I reorganized my safe and found it. It’s been a great layering piece with so many things I have. I have not felt it against my skin. And just last week I even slept with it on. The bezel is delicate as I’m not into heavy bezels. It’s actually interesting that you posted this because I was cleaning it and I noticed the culet points when I did that and it caught my attention because I had never noticed that before (or just forgot) and it seemed so odd to me to be able to feel the bottom of a stone as I’m used to diamonds being in mountings. I think you should source that style elsewhere. If you have a return period, maybe you could order elsewhere and be able to compare it with another and then you’ll know if it is just that particular bracelet or if it just isn’t the right style for you.

Thank you for your reply Headlight! I agree that if it is bothering me now it will likely bother me in the future. The bracelet I tried on was Tiffany, and I have heard that they cut their stones for dbty shallower. So it might not be that I have to find another vendor for this size piece, but rather that I have to find the stone size or bezel type that makes it so that the culet does not touch my skin. I laid the bracelet on my husband's wrist and he could not feel the pinpricks at all. I think I have sensitive skin.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Yes the pricking has been my experience too. No, I didn’t get used it it. And I hated how dirty the diamonds get - and the flipping. Drives me nuts. Sits in the jewellery box unloved. I want to love it but just don’t, sadly.

Thank you for letting me know. I have a feeling some people are more sensitive to it than others. When I laid it on my husband's wrist he could not feel it at all. I had been hoping for a dbty bracelet that I wear every day, so I need to make sure it is comfortable. My 5 pointer single station does not get very dirty (at least that I can tell) because the culet is not hitting my skin.

Also, the ring in your avatar is gorgeous!

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Get "taller" bezels. The larger stones need them if you don't want the culets poking you. I have one necklace where the stones are smaller so I can have the ultra thin bezels, on another they're much larger so we have to do thicker ones so I wouldn't turn red when wearing it.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Get "taller" bezels. The larger stones need them if you don't want the culets poking you. I have one necklace where the stones are smaller so I can have the ultra thin bezels, on another they're much larger so we have to do thicker ones so I wouldn't turn red when wearing it.

Thank you for your reply! Do you know what size stones are on your necklace?

Mamajemmy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you!

They do touch my skin but it’s never bothered me. I also have a DBTY necklace and that’s never bothered me either. I have a different bezel necklace with a larger diamond in it and the bezel is thicker so the cutlet doesn’t touch but it also looks bulky and I prefer it less because of it.

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for your reply Headlight! I agree that if it is bothering me now it will likely bother me in the future. The bracelet I tried on was Tiffany, and I have heard that they cut their stones for dbty shallower. So it might not be that I have to find another vendor for this size piece, but rather that I have to find the stone size or bezel type that makes it so that the culet does not touch my skin. I laid the bracelet on my husband's wrist and he could not feel the pinpricks at all. I think I have sensitive skin.

I laid my chain on my wrist as if it were a bracelet and held it taught and it did not bother me, and I am very sensitive to fabrics, tags, etc. I think you will likely find something that works better from a different manufacturer. Best of luck, it will be worth it!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I laid my chain on my wrist as if it were a bracelet and held it taught and it did not bother me, and I am very sensitive to fabrics, tags, etc. I think you will likely find something that works better from a different manufacturer. Best of luck, it will be worth it!

Thank you Headlight. A dbty bracelet is is at the top of my list, so I hope I can figure this out!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 2 Tiffs don't poke - the bezels are a tiny smidge deeper than the stones.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

Thank you Alex - I am still absolutely considering the platinum/diamond bracelet you have. Or perhaps I will just stick with the silver 5 pointer bracelet that I already have. I had hoped for more stations, but I have become quite fond of it.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
I have owned the tiffany five stone and six stone, both in platinum. The five stone bothered me, but the six stone i got used to, bc the stones were so much smaller. But i mostly wear my 2 single stone dbty bracelets (also platinum), for some reason the single stone ones dont bother me.
The silver and rose gold tiffany dbty have larger bezels, so the diamonds dont poke at all!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
I have owned the tiffany five stone and six stone, both in platinum. The five stone bothered me, but the six stone i got used to, bc the stones were so much smaller. But i mostly wear my 2 single stone dbty bracelets (also platinum), for some reason the single stone ones dont bother me.
The silver and rose gold tiffany dbty have larger bezels, so the diamonds dont poke at all!

Hi Meesmom, wow - that advice is helpful! I was wondering if the culets could be felt in the Tiffany 5 or 6 stone. I have a silver single station bracelet and I have gotten used to the thicker bezel. I think I might go in person to Tiffany (once it is safe to go out again) and try on the various options again.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Meesmom, wow - that advice is helpful! I was wondering if the culets could be felt in the Tiffany 5 or 6 stone. I have a silver single station bracelet and I have gotten used to the thicker bezel. I think I might go in person to Tiffany (once it is safe to go out again) and try on the various options again.

Glad to help!!! I love tiffany dbty, i have 3 necklaces too, and they all poke!:roll:
But if i were to make a choice between the 6 and five stone in plat, i would pick the six. I think the diamonds show more, its more versatile (i found the five stone a bit dressier) and the diamonds poke less. And an added bonus, its a tad less expensive!!
I had a rose gold three stone for a minute, but i ended up returning it. The gold blended in with my skin too much. But i didnt feel a thing with that one!!
I hope tiffany opens up for you soon, dbty bracelets are soooo much fun!!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Glad to help!!! I love tiffany dbty, i have 3 necklaces too, and they all poke!:roll:
But if i were to make a choice between the 6 and five stone in plat, i would pick the six. I think the diamonds show more, its more versatile (i found the five stone a bit dressier) and the diamonds poke less. And an added bonus, its a tad less expensive!!
I had a rose gold three stone for a minute, but i ended up returning it. The gold blended in with my skin too much. But i didnt feel a thing with that one!!
I hope tiffany opens up for you soon, dbty bracelets are soooo much fun!!

That is so funny that you said that the rose gold blended in with your skin, because when I was at Tiffany initially doing research the sales associate and I agreed that the rose gold did not look as good on me because it totally blended in with my skin!

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

Hi Alex, do your two bracelets get tangled much? I realized that if I want more stations I could layer single station bracelets.

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Alex, do your two bracelets get tangled much? I realized that if I want more stations I could layer single station bracelets.

Single bracelets layer much better. But they do get tangled. Would you like to see mine?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
That is so funny that you said that the rose gold blended in with your skin, because when I was at Tiffany initially doing research the sales associate and I agreed that the rose gold did not look as good on me because it totally blended in with my skin!

The bezels on the rose anx silver look different too. They are more donut-y imo. I like the plat and yellow gold bezels better, even tho they poke. I really would like to add a single .08 ct. yellow gold to my 2 plat ones. I think that would look amazing. Need to go try it when they open!!!☺

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so i put them on and shook my wrist to get them to lie naturally and get a bit tangled to you can see them in their "natural state" lol. I personally dont care for the multi stone ones layered, they look too tangled to me. I see lots of pics where ladies pose the bracelets "just so" on their wrist and it looks lovely, but it just doesnt stay that way. I prefer those worn alone. But thats me!

Attachments

• 20200408_170528.jpg
    20200408_170528.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 97

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Nope, they actually don't tangle at all. Weird, eh?! They stay together nicely & because the clasps are heavier than the stones, the clasps stay underneath & the stones on top mostly.

What I have done in the past, is clip one clasp to another thinking it would keep them straighter. But actually that DID make them tangle & weave together.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Ok so i put them on and shook my wrist to get them to lie naturally and get a bit tangled to you can see them in their "natural state" lol. I personally dont care for the multi stone ones layered, they look too tangled to me. I see lots of pics where ladies pose the bracelets "just so" on their wrist and it looks lovely, but it just doesnt stay that way. I prefer those worn alone. But thats me!

Beautiful!! I love that look! Would you say wearing two single station bracelets is more comfortable than wearing the 6 stone?

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful!! I love that look! Would you say wearing two single station bracelets is more comfortable than wearing the 6 stone?

Yeah I do think singles are a bit more comfortable. I think mostly bc the single diamonds tend to stay on top of my arm, and theres no diamonds under my wrist when l, say, lay it on a table. I hope that makes sense? I sold my six stone about 2 years ago to help fund my upgrade. I do miss it, it was way blingier than these single stone ones. But the six stone wasnt too uncomfortable to wear daily, for me anyway. I do have sensory issues, so when something is truly uncomfortable, it has to go, lol!!!

meesmom

Brilliant_Rock
Nope, they actually don't tangle at all. Weird, eh?! They stay together nicely & because the clasps are heavier than the stones, the clasps stay underneath & the stones on top mostly.

What I have done in the past, is clip one clasp to another thinking it would keep them straighter. But actually that DID make them tangle & weave together.

Are yours single or multiple stones? Bc when i had multiple stone ones, they tangled like mad. My single stone ones behave much better tho.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results