clarity

Crushed Ice Cushions...BAD???

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
doc- on a most positive note:
We're here.
We're discussing.
People are participating - either by reading, or posting.
I sense that some members who, in the past, have not been receptive to my voicing my opinion, have been far more welcoming in this very thread.
I hear EXACTLY what you are saying- but I also think it's super important for us to remember to focus on the positive aspects- which there are very many.

ETA- Hi Kenny!!!
:D

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Rockdiamond said:
doc- on a most positive note:
We're here.
We're discussing.
People are participating - either by reading, or posting.
I sense that some members who, in the past, have not been receptive to my voicing my opinion, have been far more welcoming in this very thread.
I hear EXACTLY what you are saying- but I also think it's super important for us to remember to focus on the positive aspects- which there are very many.

ETA- Hi Kenny!!!
:D

Ditto!!!

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Doc_1 said:
Garry H (Cut Nut) said:
I hope this helps.
Of course in a real life situation the face and hair will have a much greater effect on the radiant and almost none on the round.

I like crushed ice.
I like fancies.
I am sickened by the current post GFC situation where far too many potential fancies are sacraficed because XXX rounds sell fast to China

What is the market premiums for the XXX RB's in china compared to US, (i would think you do business with US)?
It is not market premium's, it is
1. XXX can get sold, paid and shipped in 1 week
2. getting paid in USA has always been a battle for people from other countries (called aliens in the USA legal system)

waterlilly

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't read through all the posts...but just to answer the OP with a layman's answer:

I think it's a very personal reason...meaning - it's a matter of taste.

I wouldn't care if crushed ice was indicative of a the most perfectly cut specimens on the planet, I just don't like it. To me, diamonds are supposed to have symmetry, crushed ice is hard on my eyes and they look broken to me....like a bunch of inclusions/cracks. Some people find them beautiful though, it's simply a matter of personal taste.

BUT, that being said - I have never seen one in person, only pictures. So I may feel differently being able to see one in person instead of on a flat screen...

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
waterlilly said:
I haven't read through all the posts...but just to answer the OP with a layman's answer:

I think it's a very personal reason...meaning - it's a matter of taste.

To me it's a matter of aesthetics and personally I like them. I used to see them a lot in the shops on Royal Street in New Orleans.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
arjunajane said:
Doc1 please save your 'outrage' for elsewhere. I was not addressing you, and RD has been in the game long enough to (hopefully) be able to defend his own statements without your help.
Frankly, your constant "ra-ra ing" behind everything RD posts is firstly very disruptive for this thread, and secondly it is frankly suspicious how emotionally invested you seem in this debate, when you are supposedly the owner and lover of a chunky style AVC. Why did you not purchase a crushed ice cushion, considering all your posts in this thread?

I agree with arjunajane. What is your stake in all of this? You have been incredibly disruptive on this thread. I took a look at the stone that you bought. Quite a lot of red in that ASET. Did that have any connection with your purchase of the stone? I wish you would be more candid about your role in this topic. You don't have a preference for crushed ice cushions. I'm here to learn. You appear to be here to agitate.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
risingsun said:
arjunajane said:
Doc1 please save your 'outrage' for elsewhere. I was not addressing you, and RD has been in the game long enough to (hopefully) be able to defend his own statements without your help.
Frankly, your constant "ra-ra ing" behind everything RD posts is firstly very disruptive for this thread, and secondly it is frankly suspicious how emotionally invested you seem in this debate, when you are supposedly the owner and lover of a chunky style AVC. Why did you not purchase a crushed ice cushion, considering all your posts in this thread?

I agree with arjunajane. What is your stake in all of this? You have been incredibly disruptive on this thread. I took a look at the stone that you bought. Quite a lot of red in that ASET. Did that have any connection with your purchase of the stone? I wish you would be more candid about your role in this topic. You don't have a preference for crushed ice cushions. I'm here to learn. You appear to be here to agitate.
My stake?!
if you cannot accept that a radiant with crushed ice look did so awesome in the video RD posted that is your problem not mine, i saw a beautiful diamond with a different look than the gorgeous AVC i bought and like very much. what this has to do with you. i do not recall i gave you power of attorney to decide for me on what looked nice and what did not as far as i recall!
Why cannot you hear another opinion without going on the personal attack. could it be that there is another opinion other than yours in this world ?

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Wholly crap!
are we here in united states or in north chorea...can some one tell me please?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Doc_1 said:
arjunajane said:

It is very sad to see our country slipping this slope that is reflected on almost every walk in life.
To solidify in one camp and close the mind to the other side is a recipe for a decline that is materializing in front of our own eyes.
Some simply cannot see the other side, and if one sees it then it is a suspicious behavior....WOW !
Many times i wished to pick up the phone on RD's web site to talk to him and discuss personally some of the issues but refrained thinking lets keep it on PS board.
To suggest that my compassion about seeing a vendor being hammered with insults, and being talked down and been described that he does not understand or does not get it made me feel the urge to stand up as a free soul and say something.
if we do not open our minds and change course and try to see the other side that is different from ours...am afraid we are doomed as a nation, i hope it is not too late.
Doc, I'm Australian and proudly so- and hence not sure how you can generalise the exchanges here in a cultural way. I agree, the mindset you describe which often characterises US politics and social matters is not helpful at all - but I honestly dont agree that such an extreme example applies, or is necessary, in a thread about diamond education. If you knew what I did as a career and lifestyle, you may have different presumptions about my character- which I usually would have thought it difficult to ascertain in one thread about a member with over 9k post history ;)) By
the way, you didnt answer my question?

Anyhow..RD thankyou for the more positive (and imho more realistic) perspective of this debate that you followed up with.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Doc_1 said:
risingsun said:
arjunajane said:

My stake?!
if you cannot accept that a radiant with crushed ice look did so awesome in the video RD posted that is your problem not mine, i saw a beautiful diamond with a different look than the gorgeous AVC i bought and like very much. what this has to do with you. i do not recall i gave you power of attorney to decide for me on what looked nice and what did not as far as i recall!
Why cannot you hear another opinion without going on the personal attack. could it be that there is another opinion other than yours in this world ?

My response has nothing to do with the appearance of a crushed ice stone. You are so invested in your point of view you fail to see what people are writing to you. Nowhere on this thread have I expressed my opinion of the stone in question. You have become so caught up in defending RD and defending the stone that you have lost sight of your own interpersonal interactions with others on this board. I asked you a question. Did the ASET on the AVC have any bearing on your purchase of the stone? Do you think that the ASET is a tool that is helpful when making a diamond purchase online? Could you answer the questions I've asked you?

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
RD, where are the comparison video you promised to make?

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Doc_1 said:
Wholly crap!
Considering your spelling and grammar, it could be either..sorry, couldnt help myself :bigsmile: Actually Doc even though the board is based in the US it attracts a global audience and membership- so I really think we can do without the politicising, cheers.

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
risingsun said:
Doc_1 said:
risingsun said:
arjunajane said:

My stake?!

My response has nothing to do with the appearance of a crushed ice stone. You are so invested in your point of view you fail to see what people are writing to you. Nowhere on this thread have I expressed my opinion of the stone in question. You have become so caught up in defending RD and defending the stone that you have lost sight of your own interpersonal interactions with others on this board. I asked you a question. Did the ASET on the AVC have any bearing on your purchase of the stone? Do you think that the ASET is a tool that is helpful when making a diamond purchase online? Could you answer the questions I've asked you?
I second RS's statement and questions. Doc?

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
arjunajane said:
Doc_1 said:
arjunajane said:

It is very sad to see our country slipping this slope that is reflected on almost every walk in life.
To solidify in one camp and close the mind to the other side is a recipe for a decline that is materializing in front of our own eyes.
Some simply cannot see the other side, and if one sees it then it is a suspicious behavior....WOW !
Many times i wished to pick up the phone on RD's web site to talk to him and discuss personally some of the issues but refrained thinking lets keep it on PS board.
To suggest that my compassion about seeing a vendor being hammered with insults, and being talked down and been described that he does not understand or does not get it made me feel the urge to stand up as a free soul and say something.
if we do not open our minds and change course and try to see the other side that is different from ours...am afraid we are doomed as a nation, i hope it is not too late.
Doc, I'm Australian and proudly so- and hence not sure how you can generalise the exchanges here in a cultural way. I agree, the mindset you describe which often characterises US politics and social matters is not helpful at all - but I honestly dont agree that such an extreme example applies, or is necessary, in a thread about diamond education. If you knew what I did as a career and lifestyle, you may have different presumptions about my character- which I usually would have thought it difficult to ascertain in one thread about a member with over 9k post history ;)) By

Anyhow..RD thankyou for the more positive (and imho more realistic) perspective of this debate that you followed up with.
You were not asking ...you were not hearing the other side,
if i buy a red ASET AVC i does not translates to my open mind i should always be in that camp, no there is another look that appealed to my eyes from the video posted of the crushed ice look!
and by the way what applies to united states in freedom does to my knowledge to Australia too...I do not as far as i can tell know that Australia is communism where you cannot express the other opinion.
So rest assured i respect all free countries, including Australia.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
arjunajane said:
Doc_1 said:
Wholly crap!
Considering your spelling and grammar, it could be either..sorry, couldnt help myself :bigsmile: Actually Doc even though the board is based in the US it attracts a global audience and membership- so I really think we can do without the politicising, cheers.
:bigsmile:

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Doc_1 said:
arjunajane said:
Doc_1 said:
arjunajane said:

Code:
if i buy a red ASET AVC i does not translates to my open mind i should always be in that camp, no there is another look that appealed to my eyes from the video posted of the crushed ice look!
and by the way what applies to united states in freedom does to my knowledge to Australia too...I do not as far as i can tell know that Australia is communism where you cannot express the other opinion.

You do not know my opinion of the "other side," because I did not offer it. It is true that a person may enjoy many different types of diamonds. Did the ASET from GOG help you make a decision on your stone? Do you think that the ASET is a good tool for online customers?

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
risingsun said:
Doc_1 said:
arjunajane said:
Doc_1 said:
arjunajane said:

Code:

You do not know my opinion of the "other side," because I did not offer it. It is true that a person may enjoy many different types of diamonds. Did the ASET from GOG help you make a decision on your stone? Do you think that the ASET is a good tool for online customers?
What do you think made me pull the trigger on the AVC diamond? the ASET?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Doc_1 said:
risingsun said:
Doc_1 said:
arjunajane said:
Doc_1 said:
arjunajane said:

Code:

What do you think made me pull the trigger on the AVC diamond? the ASET?

I asked if it contributed to your decision and if you think it is a good tool for online buyers.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
risingsun said:
I asked if it contributed to your decision and if you think it is a good tool for online buyers.

No

it looked nice colors in red and blue, i saw the white leaks in the culet but no it was not the triggering point.

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Back to the topic - good crushed ice gets a lot more contrast from its leakage than from obstruction. the lekage should be small and near light return and not other dark causing things (blue or white in ASET).
Crushed ice leakage is better than crushed ice contrast that comes from head obstruction unless the blue you see in ASET is very small and diverse, and it chops and changes rapidly as the stone moves. (I think)

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I think we are having a language barrier, Doc. I asked if the ASET contributed, not if it was the triggering point. I've asked several times if you think it is a good online tool for customer who cannot see their diamond before purchase.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
The process i went through when i made the purchase was mainly affected by few things:
I made sure the vendor was reputable. and darn sure GOG is! thank you PS for this since i gathered all the info about him from here and i did not see any flag.
Then it was the shape/carat/budget
the triggering point was the VIDEO in all the lighting environment, not the ASET.
if it was not for the video i would not buy that diamond!
Same goes for RD's video on the radiant.......If my wife tells me she would like the crushed ice look and see that video i will pull the trigger on that radiant in a heart beat if it falls within the budget. But she like the AVC and the pattern in it very much.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
seems like posting almost simultaneously
direct answer is no i did not factor in the ASET in my purchase of the AVC. it was the VIDEO
as if i was there in Good old gold's store looking at it, Jonathan is great in giving a video as close to reality as possible.
Same impression i had in RD's video about the radiant, as if i was with him in his office seeing it in the light by the window and in the dark corner there.

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doc, with RD's videocamera setup, I can tell you that the AVC you bought will look more like the round's image/video than the crush ice radiant or cushion. Would you have buy it then if that is the video you saw instead of GOG's video?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for answering my questions, Doc. It's a good idea not to make assumptions about people on this board. The main participants on this thread have known each other for many years. This type of back and forth is nothing new for them. And, trust me, RD is perfectly capable of defending himself. We have seen many of these types of threads over the years. This was one of the calmer ones!

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
Doc_1 said:
arjunajane said:
Doc_1 said:
arjunajane said:

Doc - you win, I give up. Your post above so completely missed the point, I am not even confident you read my reply to you.
I agree with RS - you are so caught up and frustrated at the moment that people are not agreeing with you and RD, you can not hold a logical discussion through your emotions.

So I will choose to not address you further in this thread, and wish you luck in your endeavours :wavey:

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
Doc, with RD's videocamera setup, I can tell you that the AVC you bought will look more like the round's image/video than the crush ice radiant or cushion. Would you have buy it then if that is the video you saw instead of GOG's video?
You are missing the point again and i do not know why.
the first part of the video was by the window, the light was direct and it was the red zone light, my AVC would dance more with light there but the radiant diamond did great, and looked gorgeous to me, now he took it to the dark area and it pulled the light and did great too my AVC will look like the round there.
The point you are missing he would of showed my AVC by the window dancing and firing. He showed the diamond in the red zone!!!!!!!!!

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
arjunajane said:
Doc_1 said:
arjunajane said:
Doc_1 said:
arjunajane said:

Doc - you win, I give up. Your post above so completely missed the point, I am not even confident you read my reply to you.
I agree with RS - you are so caught up and frustrated at the moment that people are not agreeing with you and RD, you can not hold a logical discussion through your emotions.

So I will choose to not address you further in this thread, and wish you luck in your endeavours :wavey:

No my dear i always lose to some one as knowledgeable as you!!!!!!!! :wavey:

stone-cold11

Super_Ideal_Rock
Doc_1 said:
Stone-cold11 said:
the first part of the video was by the window, the light was direct and it was the red zone light, my AVC would dance more with light there but the radiant diamond did great, and looked gorgeous to me, now he took it to the dark area and it pulled the light and did great too my AVC will look like the round there.
The point you are missing he would of showed my AVC by the window dancing and firing. He showed the diamond in the red zone!!!!!!!!!

You are the one missing the point. The stone will reflect the black of the camera. You AVC will reflect the same black of the camera as a well cut round. You just do not understand ASET. Red zone is not about what type of light but about where the stone capture light from from the stone's perspective.

Doc_1

Shiny_Rock
Stone-cold11 said:
Doc_1 said:
Stone-cold11 said:

You are the one missing the point. The stone will reflect the black of the camera. You AVC will reflect the same black of the camera as a well cut round. You just do not understand ASET.

:roll:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results