shape
carat
color
clarity

*~~~**~Crosses~**~~~*

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been looking for a St. Andrew's Cross for years, and today I took the plunge and bought one. The first thing I did after ordering it on-line was to come here to tell all of you about it. It is very modest indeed: only 1.2 inches long; 14K rose gold; and unadorned by diamonds. I was taken with it as soon as I saw it, however. It was the kind of cross with which my family worshipped and it was pleasing to my eye. I would still buy a Links of London Czar and Czarina cross in a heartbeat if I had the funds when one became available! here is a link to the page from which I ordered my small rose gold cross. Below is a photo of it, but one cannot enlarge this photo and one can enlarge the photo on the website. Oh. And I bought a 16 inch rose gold box chain to wear this on.

https://www.religiousobsession.com/14k-rose-gold-31mm-eastern-orthodox-cross-pendant-az8233rgdz.html

RoseGoldOrthodoxCross.gif

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have been looking for a St. Andrew's Cross for years, and today I took the plunge and bought one. The first thing I did after ordering it on-line was to come here to tell all of you about it. It is very modest indeed: only 1.2 inches long; 14K rose gold; and unadorned by diamonds. I was taken with it as soon as I saw it, however. It was the kind of cross with which my family worshipped and it was pleasing to my eye. I would still buy a Links of London Czar and Czarina cross in a heartbeat if I had the funds when one became available! here is a link to the page from which I ordered my small rose gold cross. Below is a photo of it, but one cannot enlarge this photo and one can enlarge the photo on the website. Oh. And I bought a 16 inch rose gold box chain to wear this on.

https://www.religiousobsession.com/14k-rose-gold-31mm-eastern-orthodox-cross-pendant-az8233rgdz.html

RoseGoldOrthodoxCross.gif

Beautiful Cross Deb. Congratulations.:appl:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dtnyc

Brilliant_Rock
Small diamond cross set in WG- it was a gift from my mom and I think she got it at Costco. I love that it is petite without being out and out tiny.

22856D42-0F88-40DC-A99A-7E463B19BFC3.jpeg

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Small diamond cross set in WG- it was a gift from my mom and I think she got it at Costco. I love that it is petite without being out and out tiny.

22856D42-0F88-40DC-A99A-7E463B19BFC3.jpeg

Just Beautiful, dtnyc! It reminds me a bit of the small Roberto Coin crosses. I always loved them. This would have been the type of cross I would have chosen if I were looking for a traditional cross instead of a Russian orthodox cross! Thank you for sharing.

Deb :wavey:

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
crosses.jpg

Some crosses to add to the mix since we're talking about religious jewelry...

They're all from Greece....Left to right: silver & semi-precious stones, gold and white topaz or white sapphire (not sure, this is my baptismal cross), silver and I think carnelian which belonged to a woman who went to our church...she gave this to my mom who gave it to me because i used to visit her when she was in her last few years.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
crosses.jpg

Some crosses to add to the mix since we're talking about religious jewelry...

They're all from Greece....Left to right: silver & semi-precious stones, gold and white topaz or white sapphire (not sure, this is my baptismal cross), silver and I think carnelian which belonged to a woman who went to our church...she gave this to my mom who gave it to me because i used to visit her when she was in her last few years.

Wonderful collection of crosses, bludiva! I love the materials in your baptismal cross and the way it is worked, but I have always loved the feeling of the squared cross (I do not know what it is called when it is shaped like that). I am always drawn to those crosses. So I also really love your carnelian cross. They are all so special. :))

You said that the crosses are all from Greece. Did you get them there yourself or did someone send them to you? (I understand the story of the carnelian cross, that it was given to your mother.)

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wonderful collection of crosses, bludiva! I love the materials in your baptismal cross and the way it is worked, but I have always loved the feeling of the squared cross (I do not know what it is called when it is shaped like that). I am always drawn to those crosses. So I also really love your carnelian cross. They are all so special. :))

You said that the crosses are all from Greece. Did you get them there yourself or did someone send them to you? (I understand the story of the carnelian cross, that it was given to your mother.)

Thank you!!! My family is greek & orthodox so that's why =) ...the square cross is actually called the greek cross shape (used there predating Christianity). The traditional one is Latin/Catholic from what I understand.

I rarely go to church these days & don't get worn much. The silver/gemstone one I got on a trip to visit my grandmother about 15 years ago...it was from a jewelry shop in the tourist part of town that always had a 50% off sale sign out front. I don't remember how much it cost but I'm sure it was too much. I got a pair of matching garnet/citrine studs too.

The baptismal cross I received as a baby from my godparents, one of my cousins has a very similar one with a pearl so I think it was the style in the late 70's / early 80's. People opt for more delicate ones these days I think.

I used to have a teeny tiny square cross which I wore a lot but it was vermeil and you can guess how long that lasted.

Here's a wikipedia page on cross shapes which is pretty interesting :read::read::read: i used to love studying about iconography when i was a kid so it was a nice trip down that rabbithole again =)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christian_cross_variants

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
2426CA05-E4CF-4EFB-859F-0D725040E4BC.jpeg

My confirmation gift from my parents in 1989. I am looking to replace the bail, but undecided if I should try to enhance the cross’s design, or leave things simple. I’d like to get a better chain that really plays up the yellow gold. I’d love any suggestions!:wavey:

tigertales

Shiny_Rock
2426CA05-E4CF-4EFB-859F-0D725040E4BC.jpeg

My confirmation gift from my parents in 1989. I am looking to replace the bail, but undecided if I should try to enhance the cross’s design, or leave things simple. I’d like to get a better chain that really plays up the yellow gold. I’d love any suggestions!:wavey:
Just came across your post. What I would do ( because I've never really been a fan of the pointy bail) is, instead of replacing it with a round bail...why not remove that top link, and have your jeweler put a hidden bail behind the top florette? I wouldn't change the look of the cross. I think it's simplicity speaks to the purity of your confirmation, and also, the design as it is will always hold memories for you. But if you do want to embellish it, you could put a tiny diamond in the center.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results