shape
carat
color
clarity

Crazy stupid LGD pricing? Or the new normal?

jaqjaqjaq

Shiny_Rock
All joking aside, I would be one furious customer - switching diamonds (especially fancy shapes which are so hard to get right) and shoddy bench work = completely asinine.

100% agree! I can’t imagine the shock that customer had getting their ring :/ The response they received from the company is extremely unprofessional - it’s basically like saying SURPRISE, you’re welcome.

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
100% agree! I can’t imagine the shock that customer had getting their ring :/ The response they received from the company is extremely unprofessional - it’s basically like saying SURPRISE, you’re welcome.

Unfortunately, the customer thought it was some great gesture and decided to keep it.

The vast, vast majority of diamond buyers have absolutely zero clue what makes for a good diamond. They’re buying based off of the 4Cs at best. Is this an acceptable practice? Absolutely not, in no way shape or form. But the customer likely is just seeing it as “bigger carat = better diamond”. The customer base they’re targeting would never spend time discussing the minutiae of cut quality on a diamond forum like this one.

The setting quality is execrable, to put it mildly, but again - the average consumer is likely not discerning enough to notice or care.

All that is to say that I wouldn’t buy a diamond from them if they sold it to me for $5. But I also spend way too much time on this diamond forum so… clearly I’m not the target audience :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
All joking aside, I would be one furious customer - switching diamonds (especially fancy shapes which are so hard to get right) and shoddy bench work = completely asinine.

I would be livid

DejaWiz

Ideal_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results