shape
carat
color
clarity

Crafted by Infinity 0.67ct F VVS2

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like Proto is impressed and so am I, this is what it's all about! Just stunning Oosh!!!!!
runaround1.gif

What time did Mrs Oosh finally go to bed?? :tongue:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1401787897|3685421 said:
But, you ask, how does it look on the hand? :naughty:

If you'll pardon my man-hands (not very manly though they are :???: :lol: ), this is it in the brief sun we had yesterday, in the temporary ring :)

Apologies for some of the blurry shots in this thread, as noted elsewhere these are not the easiest things to take photographs of! lol

I had another look at it last night before bed and I am still wondering if I should go bigger (ignoring budgetary issues lol), but then when it's on its own in a large sheet of wrapping paper, it's going to look small! I think this size obsession is just a man thing :tongue: :lol: and TBH, the other half will probably kill me for going as large as this anyway so I should quit my worrying and enjoy it! :D

It looks lovely on your hand Oosh, you will have to get one for yourself! !
daydreaming.gif

I also think you need to stop your fretting, it's probably a man thing as you say, plus if you got a bigger one you might not get another F colour or VVS. Plus your GF told you what size she liked and was comfortable with, in my humble opinion, I would think this one would be perfect.

proto

Shiny_Rock
Shiny, we are both in the UK. Lorelei too I think.

Let us know when we can come over to oogle it!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
proto|1401788678|3685424 said:
Shiny, we are both in the UK. Lorelei too I think.

Let us know when we can come over to oogle it!

I am indeed Proto, this might be the result though where that stone is concerned....

handbags.gif
smackdownguys.gif

rollpin.gif

1237395zi9assf2d1.gif

proto

Shiny_Rock
Nonsense. We are english. We queue in an orderly fashion.

But I called dibs... so... I got that going for me... which is nice :naughty:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
proto|1401790683|3685434 said:
Nonsense. We are english. We queue in an orderly fashion.

But I called dibs... so... I got that going for me... which is nice :naughty:

Actually, you are quite right Proto, we might withhold offering a second cup of tea to our rival and only offer plain biscuits to indicate our displeasure, but that's about as far as it would go.

I love this sketch from European Vacation as although it's somewhat exaggerated, it does demonstrate the English art of understatement!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsM0CwqGrBs

And you did call dibs, that is also true and only fair. :tongue:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Lorelei|1401790230|3685433 said:

Someone's been on TPF! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I'm not English, I don't have to wait in line for that stone! :appl: :appl: :lol:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1401792171|3685439 said:
Lorelei|1401790230|3685433 said:

Someone's been on TPF! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And I'm not English, I don't have to wait in line for that stone! :appl: :appl: :lol:

Moi????
yikes2.gif

creepaway3.gif

proto

Shiny_Rock
I have caught the diamond bug and am secretly hoping loads of my friends get married soon so i can help them shop for diamonds.

My friends think I have gone off on the deep end but... ooooh shiny. brb

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
proto|1401797427|3685477 said:
I have caught the diamond bug and am secretly hoping loads of my friends get married soon so i can help them shop for diamonds.

My friends think I have gone off on the deep end but... ooooh shiny. brb

Hehe! Often as soon as one man jumps into the realms of matrimony with a happy cry, others soon follow....You might be kept very busy Proto! :lol:

SandyinAnaheim

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome to the club OoohShiny!! Awesome stone you picked out. It just doesn't get better than CBI. I can't wait to hear the stories after it's mounted and your better half is staring at it all day! :lol:

I bought a G VS1 recently, same reservations you have, and am still utterly enthralled with my ring. The light play CBIs possess are breathtaking and indescribable, and of course Wink is a scholar and a gentleman. I hope you both enjoy your selection in happiness and health for many years to come. Congratulations on the excellence of your selection!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That diamond is gorgeous.

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all those pictures, really wonderful and so happy for you and your intended. I think you both will get countless hours of entertainment from your new diamond. Please have hand shots once it's set and given. Would love to see it on her hand and let us know how much she loves it!! Once this ring is given, you can always start work on a new project: wedding gift, 1st anniversary, big birthday, etc, etc, ha ha. Hope you stick around! :sun:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SandyinAnaheim|1401799322|3685492 said:
Welcome to the club OoohShiny!! Awesome stone you picked out. It just doesn't get better than CBI. I can't wait to hear the stories after it's mounted and your better half is staring at it all day! :lol:

I bought a G VS1 recently, same reservations you have, and am still utterly enthralled with my ring. The light play CBIs possess are breathtaking and indescribable, and of course Wink is a scholar and a gentleman. I hope you both enjoy your selection in happiness and health for many years to come. Congratulations on the excellence of your selection!
Thank you for your comments, Sandy, I'm glad I'm not alone in my worries! :D

This is the first 'proper' diamond purchase I have made so 'getting to know its character' is something I am going to have to do over time :) I was previously engaged to a girl who then decided our best friend was her preferred choice (it's a long story... :roll: lol) and spent about the same on that 3-stone, square cuts ring as this stone, but it was not that good quality, really - this stone is by far and away the brightest stone I think I have ever seen, now I sit and think about it :sun: and it has a blizzard of sparkles in direct light or spotlights! I can't wait to get it set and get the whole on-one-knee thing done so the other half can wear it out to a dimly-lit restaurant with multiple small light sources - it should be on fire :love: (Talking of that, I can't decide whether to 'do the deed' in such a place so the stone looks at its best, or do it in daylight somewhere so she sees it 'at its worst' :lol: and then gets to see its different character as she wears it in different lights and locations!)

I intend to keep on hanging around here when I'm all done and dusted as I love shopping vicariously :bigsmile: although if I stop then you know I have asked the question and she has actually killed me for spending as much as I have... :???: :lol:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lorelei|1401788284|3685423 said:
daydreaming.gif

I also think you need to stop your fretting, it's probably a man thing as you say, plus if you got a bigger one you might not get another F colour or VVS. Plus your GF told you what size she liked and was comfortable with, in my humble opinion, I would think this one would be perfect.
I think you are right - this stone is as well cut as they come with pretty much an even balance of colour, clarity and not-too-big-but-not-too-small size, with no real compromise on any of those factors, and was within the price range that I had decided was just about affordable :tongue:

I am hopeful that I won't suffer from Diamond Shrinkage Syndrome in the same way that I suffer with TV Shrinkage Syndrome - anything under 50" looks small now... :???: lol That said, I took it out this morning and it looked bigger again! :shock: (The ring, that is... :lol: )

I have thought that it would be cool to get something sparkly for a ring for me but I'm not sure if some might view it as a bit effeminate... :???: I think it would have to be Tension set, princess or emerald cut, possible a number of small stones rather than just one...

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvdajules|1401803720|3685516 said:
Thank you for all those pictures, really wonderful and so happy for you and your intended. I think you both will get countless hours of entertainment from your new diamond. Please have hand shots once it's set and given. Would love to see it on her hand and let us know how much she loves it!! Once this ring is given, you can always start work on a new project: wedding gift, 1st anniversary, big birthday, etc, etc, ha ha. Hope you stick around! :sun:
Fear not, further pics will be forthcoming in due course! :)

It may be a while as I am struggling to find a ring that I like and that the other half will like, and then I have until September to ask the question (before a 'big birthday' and her early mid-life-crisis hits :roll: :lol: ), but I will make sure to come back to this thread and update it!

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is QUITE magnificent.

OoohShiny|1401784855|3685411 said:
Right, here goes! :)

Wink's packaging is very secure!
img_2796a.jpg

Included with the purchase is all the evaluation kit you might need, bar a 30x loupe:
img_2799a.jpg

and you also get all your CBI paperwork and the original copy of the AGS report:

Nestled safely in all of that is the Headline Act :)
And he does a fantastic job packaging, doesn't he!!! Love!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1401806806|3685537 said:
Lorelei|1401788284|3685423 said:
daydreaming.gif

I have thought that it would be cool to get something sparkly for a ring for me but I'm not sure if some might view it as a bit effeminate... :???:
I think it would have to be Tension set, princess or emerald cut, possible a number of small stones rather than just one...

My Hubby loves his ' guymonds' and we are planning some more for him! Jon at GOG has a fab AVR in a chunky setting on his pinky I think, it looks amazing on him. Maybe a tension set EC or Octavia like Kenny's, his ring is amazing and so is his SO's tension set round.

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think I would like a 'guymond' (cool name :D ) as I am a bit of a magpie and do like sparkly things... :???: :oops: :lol:

The main issue is that it would have to be reasonably large (probably 1ct+), have to be D or E, and have to be VVS2 or better, to satisfy mind-clean paranoia :tongue: , so it would probably work out more expensive than the other half's ring is going to... lol

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1401810074|3685582 said:

Thank you for your kind words! :)

I am very pleased with the packaging - I was anticipating something small, about the size of a cassette, so was somewhat surprised when the FedEx guy presented me with that box! :D

teobdl

Brilliant_Rock
Great photography!! and such a lovely looking diamond. What lens are you using?

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1401813921|3685641 said:
I think I would like a 'guymond' (cool name :D ) as I am a bit of a magpie and do like sparkly things... :???: :oops: :lol:

The main issue is that it would have to be reasonably large (probably 1ct+), have to be D or E, and have to be VVS2 or better, to satisfy mind-clean paranoia :tongue: , so it would probably work out more expensive than the other half's ring is going to... lol

Hehe! I thought well, we have guy liner, man dals, male varnish, why not guymonds...? :tongue: 'Tis fine if your stone ends up being more expensive than the OH's, I think you deserve one too Oosh for all your hard work and thoughtfulness, plus installing your Mother's YouView. :praise:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
lol Well, if you insist ;-) :D

teobdl|1401814643|3685653 said:
Great photography!! and such a lovely looking diamond. What lens are you using?
Thank you very much! :)

I was using a Canon 24-105, it's the only one I have that's reasonably macro at the moment and even then I've had to crop them all down by loads!

I need to find and break out the old Fuji bridge camera, that had an excellent macro on it, you can get right into the subject with it :)

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
OoohShiny|1401814141|3685644 said:
ame|1401810074|3685582 said:

Thank you for your kind words! :)

I am very pleased with the packaging - I was anticipating something small, about the size of a cassette, so was somewhat surprised when the FedEx guy presented me with that box! :D
These vendors know how to pack these items beautifully. When we got my brother's stone for his intended, it was the first time I'd seen Wink's new packaging. I've bought from him before in the past but this is all new branding and it's lovely.

KenD

Rough_Rock
Truly an amazing diamond, plus an amazing set of pictures.
Thank you.

Fancygems

Brilliant_Rock
Wow :appl: I want one :love: congratulations!

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
love, love, love it .... beautiful diamond :)

max432

Rough_Rock
Hi Ooohshiney,

I am the guy that Wink originally sold your stone to. It was/is indeed a very beautiful stone. I was actually quite nervous sending it back as I did not have a replacement lined up. The only reason I returned it was that my son convinced me I should get a larger stone. Fortunately a week or so after returning I found an equally beautiful 1.09ct G VVS1 AGS Ideal cut 000 with strong hearts and arrows pattern.

I must also say that working with Wink was a pleasure. He was a true professional and was very gracious when I called to say I needed to return the stone.

Looks like things worked out well for all parties concerned. Enjoy your diamond and best wishes on your engagement.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results