shape
carat
color
clarity

Crafted by Infinity 0.67ct F VVS2

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right, so... Having heeded the wisdom of the forum (hopefully :???: ) I would welcome thoughts on this one! :)

http://www.highperformancediamonds.com/index.php?page=view-id-diamond-infinity-new&id=1127

SHAPE Round brilliant
WEIGHT 0.67 Ct.
MEASUREMENTS 5.68 - 5.69 x 3.44 mm
COLOR F
CLARITY VVS2
CUT GRADE Ideal (0)
LIGHT PERFORMANCE Ideal
POLISH - SYMMETRY Ideal - Ideal
FLUORESCENCE Negligible
GRADING REPORT AGS 104068111003
ITEM ID HPD6481

Table Size 56.0 %
Total Depth 61.5 %
Pavilion Angle 40.7 °
Crown Angle 34.2
HCA 0.9 ExExExVg

http://youtu.be/DOhf9WawiMo

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/DOhf9WawiMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I should be able to post pictures later... ;)) :tongue: :mrgreen:

cbi_0.jpg

cbi_1.jpg

cbi_2.jpg

cbi_3.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And those arrows (as I couldn't attach more than four attachments!):

cbi_4.jpg

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
I would snap up that stone in a second.

It looks great!

Some will say that VVS2 is overkill, but with a stone cut this well, it's tough to split hairs.

Definitely gets my seal of approval.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's the package Oosh, F VVS so no eye cleanliness issues for you :lol: unless you have a bionic eye....Cut is superb as one might expect, it has everything you could wish for and then some.

Are you going to buy it? :tongue:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RockyRacoon|1401725599|3684969 said:

It looks great!

Some will say that VVS2 is overkill, but with a stone cut this well, it's tough to split hairs.

I think you would be adorable snapping up that stone with your dear little paws Rocky, I am partial to racoons. :love:

proto

Shiny_Rock
you certainly wont have any mindclean issues for this stone, but I do wonder if you may want to hold off for a G/VS2 or F/VS2 that is slightly bigger for the same price.

Have you considered asking GOG to have a look?

If you already feel in love with the diamond though, think you would be hard pressed to find anything "wrong" with it though.

I am a bit jealous already that you may get a CBI stone!

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Lorelei|1401725709|3684973 said:

It looks great!

I think you would be adorable snapping up that stone with your dear little paws Rocky, I am partial to racoons. :love:

Here I am, just hanging out with a friend, over the weekend.

hqdefault.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
RockyRacoon|1401727641|3684999 said:
Lorelei|1401725709|3684973 said:

It looks great!

Here I am, just hanging out with a friend, over the weekend.

SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
That is the cutest! picture! ever! I can't believe you actually got to snap a non blurry photo that's just too cute. Both animals looks so natural and like, what? Something strange?

Hi OP, just wanted to say congrats to your CBI selection. I seriously cannot wait for you to see it IRL and read your review. I think you will be amazed! I've got my eye on one as well, he he.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvdajules|1401731604|3685039 said:
That is the cutest! picture! ever! I can't believe you actually got to snap a non blurry photo that's just too cute. Both animals looks so natural and like, what? Something strange?

Hi OP, just wanted to say congrats to your CBI selection. I seriously cannot wait for you to see it IRL and read your review. I think you will be amazed! I've got my eye on one as well, he he.

'Mornin' Luvda. :tongue: Hee, so you have your peepers firmly fixed on one too :naughty: do you....

I hope Oosh reserves that diamond, I am getting nervous now it's out there.... :-o

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I knew it, it couldn't even go 10 posts before going off topic... ;-) :tongue: LOL :lol:

Anyway, trying to ignore the impossibly cute furry things :bigsmile: I have to put my hands up and admit that I have been attention seeking - I do in fact already have the stone in my possession... :sun:

As noted, my eye clean paranoia :???: is what has steered me away from VS/SI stones, even though stones are tiny in real life and I doubt anyone can really see inclusions in those clarities with the naked eye if one buys eye-clean and without major singular inclusions on the AGS/GIA report. I actually had reservations about this one as the report noted a feather in the inclusions, but having now received it and spent most of the day looking at it ('working from home' ;-) ) through the supplied ASETscope, Idealscope and the Hearts and Arrows loupe :appl: I am struggling to find the feather... I think I have seen it but it may just have been fluff on one of the facets, so I think that it's fair to say that it won't be an issue! (I reserve the right to notice it later and get paranoid :tongue: lol)

I was also a little worried about F rather than D or E but I think it's partly paranoia again, mixed with some oneupmanship due to my mate getting his other half a D colour (although it's a Marquis cut and not that sparkly, so I'm pretty confident on that front ;-) ). A couple of times today when in flat, non-direct lighting conditions, I noticed it have a slightly 'warm' beige colour but it was only a passing thing - I know I have detected an F when next to a D in a jewellers so can be sensitive, I think, but most of my decor is either light- to medium-colour wood or off-white walls, along with my unpainted wood veneer internal doors, so it must just be taking on those colours, something I have read someone else note in their diamond! When placed on a white sheet of paper it is indistinguishable from the paper, so clearly the above is the case and I should not worry :) Besides, it sparkles and has fire like you wouldn't believe in direct light (sun or a lamp) :love: and the amount of white light return, even when under the table or standing in my pretty dim hallway that has no windows, is crazy!

I have taken a load of pictures so I will try to have a look through them and post the best up later if the other half is still not home by the time I've finished at my mother's house trying to setup her youview box! (kill me now... :roll: lol)

re: the size thing, my personal choice would be to go larger - I was eyeing up the 0.73ct F VVS2 on HPD as it has seemingly only one pinpoint inclusion on the report (!) but it was also a grand (in USD) more for 6 extra points and about 0.2mm larger in diameter, so I am happy to stay below the 0.7 step up in price! (Wink also has a D VVS2 0.71ct on there now for 2 grand more, which is a recent addition - I am tempted but that is a lot of money extra for not really that much discernable difference in real life, just some added mind-clean reassurance!)

That said, the other half does not want a big ring - she specifically doesn't want something 'garish' or too 'sticky-up' from her finger because she's paranoid she's going to lose it or damage it, so the 0.67 fits the middle ground exactly - not too small (0.5ct looks too small for my eyes but the other half likes it) and not too big (my limited viewing at jewellers has taught me that stones start looking 'big' at about 0.7 or 0.75ct), and the 0.67ct in the CBI cut in an F and VVS2 is as good as it's going to get without getting very expensive!

I am going to play with it some more tonight and tomorrow evening if the other half is out, and will attempt some more pictures. The more I look at it the more I think it is quite large and there is no need to consider a larger size, even ignoring the cost implications! In the meantime, thank you to everyone on here for your always helpful input :appl: and to Wink for putting up with my annoying questions and stupid email server that just point-blank refused to deliver his emails to me for no good reason! :roll: :lol: Oh, and I must also thank the gentleman who snapped it up while I was still asking annoying questions, only to return it and buy something over a carat :D lol

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You're a sly one Oosh, what a stinker!!!
slap4.gif

I imagine you got a lot of ' work' done today playing with that rock, must have been fun.... :rodent: I am looking forward to seeing Proto's reaction when he reads you already have it!

I really was getting nervous there that it might go while we were discussing it....! A big thanks to the man who decided to go bigger and release that treasure to you!

proto

Shiny_Rock
*jealousy intensifies

*looks at WInk's infinity diamonds...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
proto|1401733895|3685070 said:
*jealousy intensifies

*looks at WInk's infinity diamonds...

Heh - I knew it! :tongue:

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
OMGoodness! I can't believe I'm just seeing this now, this is so exciting. Cannot wait to see pics, but I know photos cannot capture the true beauty of diamonds, we try though! I find even videos don't do justice. I love the crisp on/off of the clear faceting and when fire hits one of the arrow or spear facets, so fun! I also like how you barely have to move it and it sparkles like nuts. Sounds like you found a great stone to fall in love and fits all the size and mind clean parameters. Enjoy it!

Hi Lorelei! You always have the best emoticons :lol: Yes, if it's still around when we're ready to jump, I do have one in mind. But, I'm rather open to other options. I tried to jump on one that just seemed to show up in the inventory a couple weeks ago but it was already on hold by a local client who viewed it later in the weekend and snatched it up. It was a 1.2 ct. K/I1 for under $5k! It was eye clean! and about 7 mm! Wink knows to call me if another one shows up but it's okay, I know my time will come :lol: It would have an awesome way to get started with my CBI journey to 2 ct+! Sorry to hijack, but I needed to get that off my chest, whew.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvdajules|1401739831|3685116 said:
OMGoodness! I can't believe I'm just seeing this now, this is so exciting. Cannot wait to see pics, but I know photos cannot capture the true beauty of diamonds, we try though! I find even videos don't do justice. I love the crisp on/off of the clear faceting and when fire hits one of the arrow or spear facets, so fun! I also like how you barely have to move it and it sparkles like nuts. Sounds like you found a great stone to fall in love and fits all the size and mind clean parameters. Enjoy it!

Hi Lorelei! You always have the best emoticons :lol: Yes, if it's still around when we're ready to jump, I do have one in mind. But, I'm rather open to other options. I tried to jump on one that just seemed to show up in the inventory a couple weeks ago but it was already on hold by a local client who viewed it later in the weekend and snatched it up. It was a 1.2 ct. K/I1 for under $5k! It was eye clean! and about 7 mm! Wink knows to call me if another one shows up but it's okay, I know my time will come :lol: It would have an awesome way to get started with my CBI journey to 2 ct+! Sorry to hijack, but I needed to get that off my chest, whew.

Lol! I am partial to the odd emotie....It's gone awfully quiet from Oosh, I bet he has taken the stone to bed and he is still inspecting it by torchlight under the covers!
offtobed.gif

That must have hurt, K I1 for under 5k.... ;( I have seen an I1 Infinity in real life and it's friendly owner asked me to find the inclusion without a loupe, I couldn't see it. He then handed me a loupe and asked me to find it, I still couldn't. It had to be pointed out to me, it had been cut with the inclusion hidden within an arrow, it was amazing. The inclusion was also silvery/ pale in colour which helped it hide with ease between the arrow shaft.

Maybe we will have a hat trick if you and Proto find one! I am keeping an eye on various stones too myself * cough*, I am rather fancying a new pendant....
1578512basiuatr3h.gif

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just waiting for a certain person to go to bed so I can play with photos ;-)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OoohShiny|1401747203|3685167 said:
Just waiting for a certain person to go to bed so I can play with photos ;-)

Tell her there is an enormous stag beetle lurking in the lounge and it's eyeing her up, that should make her leave the room PDQ. :naughty:

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1142023wc11ro40lj.gif

Go to bed Mrs Oosh, we want to see your diamond!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely looking forward to pictures of your gorgeous diamond. CBI look amazing and I have only seen them online and in video. How exciting for you. :appl:

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Right, here goes! :)

Wink's packaging is very secure!
img_2796a.jpg

Included with the purchase is all the evaluation kit you might need, bar a 30x loupe:
img_2799a.jpg

and you also get all your CBI paperwork and the original copy of the AGS report:

Nestled safely in all of that is the Headline Act :)

img_2800a.jpg

img_2803a.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here it is a bit more zoomed in:

I wasn't sure if an F was going to be clear enough for me - going from these pics, I think it will be fine!

img_2803b_-_side_view.jpg

img_2806a_-_side_view.jpg

img_2881a_-_side_view.jpg

img_2888a_-_side_view.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It even has good rear facet reflections in the right light:

And I can't really see a hint of a tint in flat, cloudy daylight:

And the white light performance in no-direct-lighting conditions is excellent:

img_2831a_-_rear_reflections.jpg

img_2835a_-_bright_no_fire.jpg

img_2852a_-_white_no_lighting.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The strong arrows are easily visible:

img_2865a_-_clear___pattern.jpg

img_2854a_-_clear___pattern.jpg

img_2838a_-_pattern.jpg

img_2859a_-_pattern.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's weird, it almost looks 'dark' in stronger lights, but IIRC that's because the high clarity means there is nothing internally to show up white and it is therefore only putting out refracted light back out of it, which you pick up as fire?

It's quite pretty, anyway :)

and the darkness enables the facets to do some direct reflecting!

(Can you see how sharply cut the facet edges are? As I rotate it, fractions of a degree switches one facet 'on' and the previous one 'off', it's pretty cool :sun: )

img_2940a_-_dark_but_fire.jpg

img_2969a_-_dark_but_fire.jpg

img_2976a_-_dark_but_fire.jpg

img_2938a_-_dark_but_fire_and_facets.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Brilliance is still excellent, though, blinding in some lights! :sun:

And even when it's beaming out the white light, the fire is still present :)

img_2889a_-_brilliance.jpg

img_2894a_-_brilliance.jpg

img_2904a_-_brilliance.jpg

img_2823a_-_fire_and_brilliance.jpg

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The fire itself is pretty blinding in the sun :)

img_2939a_-_fire.jpg

img_2964a_-_fire.jpg

img_2980a_-_fire.jpg

img_2994a_-_fire.jpg

proto

Shiny_Rock
Jesus Mary and Joseph...

proto

Shiny_Rock
You should send in your diamond to Skittles and ask to be their mascot.

TASTE THE RAINBOW

OoohShiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
But, you ask, how does it look on the hand? :naughty:

If you'll pardon my man-hands (not very manly though they are :???: :lol: ), this is it in the brief sun we had yesterday, in the temporary ring :)

Apologies for some of the blurry shots in this thread, as noted elsewhere these are not the easiest things to take photographs of! lol

I had another look at it last night before bed and I am still wondering if I should go bigger (ignoring budgetary issues lol), but then when it's on its own in a large sheet of wrapping paper, it's going to look small! I think this size obsession is just a man thing :tongue: :lol: and TBH, the other half will probably kill me for going as large as this anyway so I should quit my worrying and enjoy it! :D

img_2869aa_-_handshot.jpg

img_2869a_-_handshot_zoomed.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results