shape
carat
color
clarity

Could use more experienced eyes! Opinions on these ovals from Adiamore and also Alex Park?

confuseddan

Rough_Rock
Hey everyone, could really use some advice. A little about the ring I was looking for something around 2.25 carat to be set in a 14K gold solitary ring. The diamonds I've been looking at G color and up and vs2 and up.

I've heard that it's easier to evaluate the diamonds with videos on their short axis so those are the ones I'm including.

Here is the link to the Alex Park diamond. I had seen another diamond on his instagram but it was sold out so they showed me this one. It seems like the bow tie is more present than the other diamond I saw but I'm not sure if this diamond is representative of what I will find most of the time. Here's the link to the sold out diamond.
Here's the Diamond they showed me instead.

Also here are a few but the diamonds are north south spinning on their long axis (I've got a lot more saved but these seemed like the best)

I know there is a lot here. Any feedback is greatly appreciated (positive or negative) and don't feel like you need to comment on everything.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's a lot to look at at once...

I would eliminate the 2nd stone. Not sure if it's the material or bad photography but it looks fuzzy/cloudy to me (for lack of a
better term).

The Alex Park stone doesn't really do anything for me either.

All these stones have the same pavilion faceting pattern so its hard to differentiate between them.

I think 1 or 3 would be my choice.

You need to have someone else check for blue nuance and striation. I'm not good at that unless its really obvious.

confuseddan

Rough_Rock
That's a lot to look at at once...

I would eliminate the 2nd stone. Not sure if it's the material or bad photography but it looks fuzzy/cloudy to me (for lack of a
better term).

The Alex Park stone doesn't really do anything for me either.

All these stones have the same pavilion faceting pattern so its hard to differentiate between them.

I think 1 or 3 would be my choice.

You need to have someone else check for blue nuance and striation. I'm not good at that unless its really obvious.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Would you pick 1 or 3 over the Alex park? Or potentially continue my search?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I prefer my stones cut with a different faceting pattern (and I'm pretty picky too). Unfortunately, most lab ovals are cut
in the way you posted above. I would keep looking if I was not in a hurry to have a stone. What I look for is more nice
facets (well-defined, reflecting light) popping up as the stone spins (in the area outlined below).

Screenshot 2024-05-15 081014.png

I'll see if I can find a link to show you what I mean.Look for these areas to light up as the stone spins.

Edit...so, the theory is to minimize the "mushy" (gray, not well-defined) facets under the table. Maximize
the facets that are "strong" and flashing on/off as the stone turns. It is typically the area towards the
North and South ends that you want to try to maximize "nice" facets. Unfortunately, most lab ovals
are cut with the same faceting pattern and will pretty much look the same and act the same. Choices
are limited.

Last edited:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

confuseddan

Rough_Rock
I seriously can't thank you enough for all the information. Unfortunately I am a little bit on a time crunch (for once I'm sipper happy to be on a time crunch). But I'm definitely going to keep looking. Thanks for the insights!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results