shape
carat
color
clarity

Coronavirus updates February 2021...please add yours.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this will be of interest to some of you. I just got this email today:
10 February 2021

Dear COVE Study Volunteer:

When you originally consented to be part of the study, you were asked to provide information about all of the medications you are taking currently or may have taken recently in the past including prescription medications, non-prescription/over-the-counter medications, dietary supplements, vitamins, and herbal medications. At this point of the study, we would like to ask you a couple of specific questions (below) about medications to confirm any history of your having received dermal fillers. In this study, there have been 2 events reported of facial swelling after receiving mRNA-1273 vaccine in participants who had a recent injection of a dermal fillers. For completeness, we are collecting information on any possible use of these treatments for everyone in this study.

In order to collect this information easily and in a timely manner, we are adding two questions about dermal fillers to your eDiary. Please answer these two questions in your eDiary when you receive them.

1. Have you ever received facial cosmetic injections, such as Juverdem, Voluma, Radiesse, Restylane, Botox or other?

2. Have you received a dermal filler, such as Juverderm, Voluma, Radiesse, Restylane or Botox or other for a medical indication such as migraine headache?

If you have any questions, please contact the study site. Thank you for continued participation in the COVE study.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So this will be of interest to some of you. I just got this email today:

That means at least 90% of the mothers at my childrens' schools will have facial swelling, I expect. They are all starting to look the same despite only being in their 30's - frozen & shiny.

I had Juvaderm in deep nasal folds about 4 years ago & it's never needed touching again. But if I end up with hamster cheeks after my vaccine I shall be sure to share!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it just means there’s room for more vaccine in the bottles. I just hope when they are drawing the last bit left in the bottle there’s enough for a full shot. It would save the problem of manufacturing extra glass bottles which seems to be an issue they are dealing with.

For injectables, there needs to be sufficient overage inside each container to enable the required number of doses to be drawn up.

When setting the filling volume during manufacture, the midpoint is aimed at providing the minimum required overage, taking into account the process variations.

If the midpoint is set high with a large variation, then there will be lots of extra volume in each vial, which is a bonus if the practice of "pooling" from more than one vial is used.

DK :))

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BJ has rolled out the road map for recovery for England on Monday 22 Feb 2021.

It is a cautious approach, and is evident that the government is trying to avoid the mistake in December 2020, by basing decisions on data and evidence.

DK :))

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Saw my pulmonologist today he is going to get me an appointment for a covid vaccine in the next 2 weeks.
He might have been able to get me an appointment today but the shipment didn't come in this week he said.

The bad news had to up my oxygen a bit, I think it was because of less activity so once I get going more I can probably drop back down.

Ibrakeforpossums

Ideal_Rock
Oh geez, Karl, please take good care of yourself!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Saw my pulmonologist today he is going to get me an appointment for a covid vaccine in the next 2 weeks.
He might have been able to get me an appointment today but the shipment didn't come in this week he said.

The bad news had to up my oxygen a bit, I think it was because of less activity so once I get going more I can probably drop back down.

Good luck Karl. In the meantime can you try getting a vaccine for yourself sooner? Is there a way you can sign up online? If not two weeks will be here soon. I hope you start feeling much better soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the J&J vaccine could be approved as soon as this weekend!
And the manufacturers are working on a third vaccine for the variants.

Slowly but surely we are making headway. Fingers crossed we get through this safely and soon.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good luck Karl. In the meantime can you try getting a vaccine for yourself sooner? Is there a way you can sign up online? If not two weeks will be here soon. I hope you start feeling much better soon.

2 weeks is great I'm on the county list but they group people like me the same as people with mild asthma so it might have been 2 months yet at the rate they are going.

I might have been able to go 3 hours away and get one sooner but the trade off was 6 hours in a car might mess with my legs and make things worse.
I will be very happy if its within 2 weeks.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2 weeks is great I'm on the county list but they group people like me the same as people with mild asthma so it might have been 2 months yet at the rate they are going.

I might have been able to go 3 hours away and get one sooner but the trade off was 6 hours in a car might mess with my legs and make things worse.
I will be very happy if its within 2 weeks.

Sorry for the threadjack -- Stormy, just checking to make sure you got an email from me over the past few days. You're normally very responsive so want to make sure everything is good.

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Sorry for the threadjack -- Stormy, just checking to make sure you got an email from me over the past few days. You're normally very responsive so want to make sure everything is good.

I did not get it. Sent you an email.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Got it and replied!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"

What’s behind Iceland’s success story​

While the rest of the world grapples with mass vaccinations and fear of the new coronavirus variants, life in Iceland is getting closer to normal.

Since the beginning of the month, not a single person has been diagnosed with Covid-19 domestically apart from a handful of people who were already in quarantine.

Starting Wednesday, the inhabitants of this island nation of 364,000 are allowed to gather in groups of 50, and public venues such as theaters and sporting events may have up to 200 spectators. Pubs and restaurants may open subject to some limitations, while masks are still mandatory in public places.

Iceland’s handling of the pandemic is regarded as one of the best in the world. So what what went right?

For one thing, unlike in some other countries, there was cooperation between the government and scientists. Public information about the outbreak was coordinated in a steady flow through daily televised briefings held jointly by the police and health authorities.

Thorolfur Gudnason, the nation’s chief epidemiologist, said in an interview that he largely attributes its success to the public’s participation in following instructions, such as wearing masks and adhering to two meter (six foot) social distancing.

“The other thing,” he said, “is the measures we have been doing on our borders.”

Wooden houses in Reykjavik old town

Reykjavik old town, Iceland
Photographer: Santiago Urquijo/Moment RF
Icelanders are well aware that our freedom at home hinges on how well we can prevent infections from slipping through our borders.

Already in June, Iceland launched testing at the borders for arriving passengers as an alternative to undergoing a 14-day self-quarantine, and in August authorities introduced double testing, one upon arrival and the latter following a five-day quarantine. And last week, a new requirement to present a negative test taken within 72 hours of departure to Iceland was added to the mix.

The testing was initially done by DeCODE Genetics, a local company that has become a global pioneer in population genetics. The company has also sequenced every infection diagnosed in Iceland, making it possible to track the spread of the virus and its mutations with extreme precision.

By now, testing is also readily available and free for the general public, who are encouraged to get tested even if they show only the slightest symptoms of the disease.

Still, even as the light at the end of the tunnel becomes more visible for Icelanders, the government doesn’t want to go too far with easing prevention measures.

“We need to keep being cautious. This is a very valuable success, and we know how to guard it,” Health Minister Svandis Svavarsdottir told local media on Tuesday as she announced the easing of rules. “We should be happy. We are Europe’s most open society.”—Ragnhildur Sigurdardottir

"

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MRBXXXFVVS1

Brilliant_Rock
I wish I could get some kind of reward for doing my part and my year of ultra strict isolation, other than not getting COVID! Like VIP priority with easy scheduling for the vaccine (within my allowed group) or something!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well the roll out might be pitiful slow here but at least we arnt wasting any

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results