shape
carat
color
clarity

Coronavirus updates December 2020...please add yours.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do wonder what goes on in some people‘s minds though. I just had to unfollow someone on IG today after she blatantly posted pics of her family heading off on a skiing holiday! It was within the US but surely that’s against all common sense and advice?
Don't worry!. ..Experts like Dr. Birx say is ok to see your families.

oakleaf

Shiny_Rock
Both of my parents are recovering from COVID. They are in their mid 60’s. My 92 year old grandma is 16 days into her infection, she received the Regeneron antibody cocktail about a week ago. Even small family gatherings can have bad outcomes right now.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We don't play in Australia. If you're patient zero we will try to hunt you down on social media.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
CNN is reporting that a study has shown that masking isn’t enough, you must social distance as well.

They also reported that 1 in 64 residents of L.A. County have Covid.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
There seems to be a lot of disappoinment that we are likely to have a limit of 10 at Christmas (not including the hosts)

Like what is the fuss? You get to have ten guests. There is a freaking pandemic. Do you need 30 people over? Do you need to sing???

Generally we're pretty good sports but I feel like we are going to have a very good Christmas compared to most of the world so I'm not sure why some are whinging about the ten person limit. No one I know thank goodness.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
There seems to be a lot of disappoinment that we are likely to have a limit of 10 at Christmas (not including the hosts)

Like what is the fuss? You get to have ten guests. There is a freaking pandemic. Do you need 30 people over? Do you need to sing???

Generally we're pretty good sports but I feel like we are going to have a very good Christmas compared to most of the world so I'm not sure why some are whinging about the ten person limit. No one I know thank goodness.

I think people want what they want without realising the consequences. We had it really tough in Melbourne, so 10 is like a blessing. At least you can have Christmas with your nearest and dearest! In saying that, some people are selfish and won't care if they have more than 10. I think that is the trouble we are seeing all over the world.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think people want what they want without realising the consequences. We had it really tough in Melbourne, so 10 is like a blessing. At least you can have Christmas with your nearest and dearest! In saying that, some people are selfish and won't care if they have more than 10. I think that is the trouble we are seeing all over the world.

To be honest I'm more obsessed with state pride. I do not want to be the feral outcast state with Covid! It's shameful so we have to squash this.

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@maryjane04

We recorded 8 cases today

24, 25, 26 Dec ten people, kids not counted in total. NO rotation of guests. Must be the same ten people

From Dec 27 back to 10 person limit with children counted in the limit

They are still locking up Northern beaches (thank goodness)

She's done such a great job. I think it's horrible having to try and give people a good Christmas and protect them at the same time.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
@maryjane04

We recorded 8 cases today

24, 25, 26 Dec ten people, kids not counted in total. NO rotation of guests. Must be the same ten people

From Dec 27 back to 10 person limit with children counted in the limit

They are still locking up Northern beaches (thank goodness)

She's done such a great job. I think it's horrible having to try and give people a good Christmas and protect them at the same time.

Yeah she's done a great job. I think there is a great balance between keeping everyone safe and taking calculated risks.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
@mom2dolls thinking of you. Hope you're doing okay. and your hubby is on the mend.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
@mom2dolls thinking of you. Hope you're doing okay. and your hubby is on the mend.

Thank you! I tested positive over the weekend. So far feeling tired, lost my smell, coughing, sneezing like crazy, headache. Hubby is doing much better. Thank goodness
He is going stir crazy and ready to go take on the world.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! I tested positive over the weekend. So far feeling tired, lost my smell, coughing, sneezing like crazy, headache. Hubby is doing much better. Thank goodness

I hope you get well soon. Please keep us posted when you can.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@mom2dolls I hope you feel better soon...Please let us know how you’re doing..

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you feel better soon @mom2dolls and have a quick recovery. Sending you lots of well wishes and healing vibes. ❤️

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ER doc nephew is treating covid patients in a tent in a California hospital parking lot. Imagine the additional trauma of knowing that your loved one died in such a place :(sad

tent 2.png

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My ER doc nephew is treating covid patients in a tent in a California hospital parking lot. Imagine the additional trauma of knowing that you're loved one died in such a place :(sad

tent 2.png

That’s awful. Please thank your nephew for putting himself at risk to help others. He’s a hero. ❤️ May he stay safe and well.

pinkjewel

Ideal_Rock
Unfortunately my MIL is about to die from Covid- she is not expected to last through the night. She was feisty, had all her faculties, even was still driving at the age of 96. She lived in a senior living apartment building and during Thanksgiving some of the other people in her building when to relative's homes over that weekend bringing Covid back with them. Several people are now critically ill. It makes me angry and sad that so many people are dying because of stupid actions. It certainly won't be a merry christmas this year

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Unfortunately my MIL is about to die from Covid- she is not expected to last through the night. She was feisty, had all her faculties, even was still driving at the age of 96. She lived in a senior living apartment building and during Thanksgiving some of the other people in her building when to relative's homes over that weekend bringing Covid back with them. Several people are now critically ill. It makes me angry and sad that so many people are dying because of stupid actions. It certainly won't be a merry christmas this year

So sorry to hear this @pinkjewel, very sad. We are all so much at the mercy of the behaviour of others right now.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s awful @pinkjewel, I’m so sorry.

We’ve now got a new variant, even more easily transmitted, brought in by 2 visitors from South Africa. :angryfire: Great, at this rate, we’re never going to get out of lockdown.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am so sorry @pinkjewel. There are no words. :(

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s awful @pinkjewel, I’m so sorry.

We’ve now got a new variant, even more easily transmitted, brought in by 2 visitors from South Africa. :angryfire: Great, at this rate, we’re never going to get out of lockdown.

I am angry that borders aren't being shut down. Even after all we went through in March we (those in charge) haven't learned a darn thing. Shut those borders please. And that includes the USA though I am sure it is already too late and I am sure the new variant is already on our shores. But if we had shut the borders down immediately we might have been able to avert this newer variant in the USA. SMH.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know all the details @missy, but it’s highly likely it’s Brits returning home.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t know all the details @missy, but it’s highly likely it’s Brits returning home.

You might be right @Austina. I don't know the details either but if experience has taught us anything it's at least quarantine people when they get here and make them wait two weeks as well as getting Covid tested immediately. There are steps the officials can take to make it safer. But instead, as with everything. it is always politics and games first before safety and common sense. IMHO.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree @missy. Perhaps they have been quarantined because I’m not sure how else they’d have discovered this new variant, it’s just so discouraging that even with those of us doing the right thing, it feels like we’re fighting a losing battle.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally agree @missy. Perhaps they have been quarantined because I’m not sure how else they’d have discovered this new variant, it’s just so discouraging that even with those of us doing the right thing, it feels like we’re fighting a losing battle.

Yeah it does. But then I remind myself we can and will get through this.

“Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller, Author

❤️

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
I called my oldest neice and found out she has covid.
She is a nurse who has been working in an assisted living home. She has been working in the covid-19 wing for months. She volunteered to work it multiple times.
She is at home if it was not covid she said she would describe it as mostly a head cold with a fever and chills now and then and sometimes a bronchitis feeling in her lungs.

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
Totally agree with you @missy why don’t we learn from Taiwan?? Closing border earlier does make huge difference!! And people strictly got quarantined for 2weeks if entering Taiwan. Why can’t other countries do that??? Why people still travel outside their border? I really don’t understand! Why can’t they just NOT crossing the border for leisure?! We all love traveling, I do, my 5yrs old went to 9countries in 4yrs of her life and some countries even more than once. thats how much I love traveling, but can’t people just stop crossing the border?! If they can’t, why don’t all government just shut the border down already. With this new strain why do I feel 2021 could be worse than 2020?

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Healing vibes across the miles!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results