shape
carat
color
clarity

Coronavirus updates December 2020...please add yours.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just been informed by the firm carrying out the conversion on my campervan/RV that our face to face meeting at the factory tomorrow is at risk of being called off, as his son's school year had been informed to self-isolate earlier this evening, as 4 pupils and the teacher had been tested positive.

The area in which the factory is based is a risk of going into a higher tier due to the number of new cases.

The factory may close a few days earlier than planned (they planned to close after this Thursday 17 Dec 2020, their last working day of a normal 4-day week).

We shall have a Zoom meeting instead, which is what I prefer, as I do not wish to risk having to self-isolate so close to the festive period, even though I only have food shopping still to do and not planning to go anywhere else!

DK :confused2:

SallyBrown

Shiny_Rock
1 American per minute is dying from COVID now.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hubs tested positive last Thursday. His best friend that he also works with tested positive a week ago Saturday. My hubby went that same day and was tested using the rapid antigen test, came back negative. We all quarantined.
He went Thursday morning (a week after his last exposure to his best friend) to test again to be sure he was negative and tested positive. He had developed a cough, fatigue and stuffiness on Tuesday.

My oldest daughter and I were both tested since we had symptoms too. Both negative and are feeling much better. Youngest had no symptoms and usually stays in her room with her cat so Kaiser didn't want to test her unless she shows symptoms.

Get well hubby and hubby's best friend

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Australia is not going to vaccinate its children against Covid next year. I'm with them on this as the kids were the first to get back to living "normal" life without any major outbreaks.

Aussies who'll miss out on vaccine in 2021​

c41bc5c1ad327434b9746f3e337141ad

Benjamin Graham
Australia's COVID-19 vaccine roll-out plan has been revealed, showing Australians older than 70 will be first in line, while children under the age of 18 are unlikely to receive it in 2021.
The plans, seen by the Herald Sun, show that the nation's elderly will get the jab just after 800,000 frontline health workers, aged-care workers and the nation’s most vulnerable.
NEWSMMGLPICT000232098205.jpg

Prisoners, other detention inmates and guards will also be among the first because they are deemed to be at greater risk because of crowded conditions.
Those older than 70 will form their own age bracket, the rest of the population will be broken down into 12 five-year age groups that will set out when they receive the vaccine.
Children aged under 18 will likely be excluded next year as pharmaceutical companies have not sought regulatory approval for use in younger people yet.
https://www.pricescope.com/community/whatsapp://send?text=Aussies who'll miss out on vaccine in 2021 https://www.news.com.au/world/coronavirus/australia/coronavirus-updates-live-australias-covid19-vaccine-rollout-plan-revealed/live-coverage/335d8a252d98274d4d275f7991252976#70578

Source:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They found 5 cases. Everyone is freaking the crap out. We don't want to be that feral state with Covid. It's so depressing

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
California had over 60,000 cases yesterday. When I saw that number, I thought it must be an error, but the number is confirmed at multiple sources.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In Los Angeles County, emergency rooms are so crowded that some ambulances have been forced to wait as long as six hours to offload patients...

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

In Los Angeles County, emergency rooms are so crowded that some ambulances have been forced to wait as long as six hours to offload patients...

Ugh, dire circumstances :(

California had over 60,000 cases yesterday. When I saw that number, I thought it must be an error, but the number is confirmed at multiple sources.

Terrifying.:blackeye:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
W T F

"A day of prayer and fasting has been Tennessee Gov. Bill Lee’s major response to his state’s record surge of COVID-19.

That was in October, and Tennessee’s rate of new infections kept rising to a level second only to Oklahoma, where Gov. Kevin Stitt held his own statewide day of prayer early this month.

Both prayerful governors refuse to impose a mask mandate despite pleas from a host of medical authorities and organizations."

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Last night I had to take hubby to urgent care for difficulty breathing and fever. Suspected pneumonia and it was confirmed. Thank goodness his pulse ox was just a tad low and he was able to come home with a steroid shot in the back end, prednisone, two antibiotics and an inhaler.

I sat in the hospital parking lot praying he would walk out and not have to stay. This is incredibly scary how fast it turns. He woke up yesterday thinking he had turned the corner.

I am so sorry for each of you that have lost someone, have a person you love that is sick. I wish I could put my arms around you and hug you so you know you are not alone. This is isolating and lonely and so scary.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Last night I had to take hubby to urgent care for difficulty breathing and fever. Suspected pneumonia and it was confirmed. Thank goodness his pulse ox was just a tad low and he was able to come home with a steroid shot in the back end, prednisone, two antibiotics and an inhaler.

I sat in the hospital parking lot praying he would walk out and not have to stay. This is incredibly scary how fast it turns. He woke up yesterday thinking he had turned the corner.

I am so sorry for each of you that have lost someone, have a person you love that is sick. I wish I could put my arms around you and hug you so you know you are not alone. This is isolating and lonely and so scary.
Oh no, that must have been so hard to just sit and wait and not know what was happening. Hugs to you. I hope your husband is on the road to feeling better. It just can't end fast enough.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I'm sorry. That sitting and being helpless is awful. Not knowing what is happening or if he will walk out again is an experience I wish you didn't have. Sending you hugs and hoping he is through the worst.

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
My sister’s father-in-law died this afternoon from covid-19. He was in his 80s and on dialysis... really nice calm gentlemanly man.

I’m sorry to hear about your sister‘s father-in-law...That’s so sad.....

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Thank you! He is doing so much better after the steroid shot and daily meds. He is laughing again. I hear him through the walls when I am working in the loft. Best sound ever!

@whitewave I am sorry for your sister in law's loss.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
How on earth is this virus ever going to get under control when you get idiots with a positive Covid test getting on a plane? DH has just read an article on a travel blog of a man from Orlando flying to LA. He died on board and the plane had to divert to NO to offload him. How many people did he expose at the airport and on the plane because he selfishly wanted to go to LA? :angryfire:

mellowyellowgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aaaaaannnnd just like that we have an outbreak!

23 cases today, the entire Northern Beaches is in lockdown, Premier has told us to stay home this weekend. We might get locked down at Christmas at this rate.

Outbreak started from Hotel Quarantine yet again. Seriously they need to send those people who fly into our country to the desert!!!!!!! They are the constant source of every outbreak! Send them to some facility in the desert instead of the city!!!!!!!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something pushed me over the edge yesterday, and my defence mechanism to safeguard my mental well-being kicked in - I decided not to participate in anymore Covid-19 related discussions as I am tired of it.

Opinions are like AHs - everyone has one!

Stay safe everyone, and I hope this will blow over soon!

DK :))

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something pushed me over the edge yesterday, and my defence mechanism to safeguard my mental well-being kicked in - I decided not to participate in anymore Covid-19 related discussions as I am tired of it.

Opinions are like AHs - everyone has one!

Stay safe everyone, and I hope this will blow over soon!

DK :))

Take care and stay safe DK.

mom2dolls

Shiny_Rock
Had to take hubby back to urgent care this morning. He came home with oxygen. Focusing on him being home.
I tested again this morning because I started coughing and had a sore throat yesterday. I’m not sure if I am just exhausted or actually have COVID. Want to be safe for the girls.
If you are a praying person, would you mind adding my husband to your prayers? Thank you

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Had to take hubby back to urgent care this morning. He came home with oxygen. Focusing on him being home.
I tested again this morning because I started coughing and had a sore throat yesterday. I’m not sure if I am just exhausted or actually have COVID. Want to be safe for the girls.
If you are a praying person, would you mind adding my husband to your prayers? Thank you

I'm so sorry that he's feeling so badly. Hopefully, he is over the worst very soon. hope you feel better soon, too.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
They found 5 cases. Everyone is freaking the crap out. We don't want to be that feral state with Covid. It's so depressing

Ive just been reading a summary of what's been happening in Sydney
Its another reminder as much as we want it to life cannot return to normal yet
we get complacent living in the middle of the sea
i read about one of the new cases
He said he was at that concert - doing handstands and licking the floor
It would appear some people are not trying hard enough to be clean!
Maybe it came in from the airlines
The boarders here and with you seen to be our weak points and we don't plug the hole till there is already leaks
We have an inquiry going on into the health ministry's whole covid 19 response
I hope every country, state, healthy authority, hospital is doing this as soon as its possible

munchee

Brilliant_Rock
My uncle (55yo) is in hospital due to Covid since 2days ago, thats my Mom’s brother. My Dad’s cousin (58yo) died couple weeks ago, also from Covid.
My DH uncles and aunt all got Covid and in hospital now and their whole family, sons, daughter, daughter in law.
3 days ago before they knew they got Covid they went to my DH parents’ to help out, 3 of them, all 3 got Covid and now my DH is worried that his parents got it from them too, however their CT ratio is 39, usually under 40 means lower chance to spread it to other people. So we’re still waiting for them to get swab.
They’re not in The States/Canada.

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is awful @munchee hope all these sick people get well.

I do wonder what goes on in some people‘s minds though. I just had to unfollow someone on IG today after she blatantly posted pics of her family heading off on a skiing holiday! It was within the US but surely that’s against all common sense and advice? Maybe she’s just so rich she thinks it won’t affect her? I’ve cancelled my hair appointment for tomorrow in a city 40 miles away, no plane travel required but it seems the right thing to do, given our impending 2nd lockdown (or is it 3rd, I’m losing track??). We will never, ever get on top of this unless everyone plays the game.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results