shape
carat
color
clarity

Continuation of

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
Thanks Aquarius!! I decided NOT 2 buy from there. No Global Bargain Hunters for me!!

By the way, did you leave negative feedback?!?! After reading from another thread, he''ll make it worth your while $$$ if you retract negative feedback
36.gif

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/31/2006 7:36:51 AM
Author: msb700
glad to see that ur steering away from the ebay buy (at least i hope u r) dont always trust the reviews you see (even if they are 1000+), u definately have to be careful wat u buy from ebay especially when it comes to diamonds! I was once ripped off (they took my cash, never received the product) from an online seller with a store and over 2000+ positive reviews...a few short weeks later, the seller disappers and the store no longer exists...it took so much time and such hassle for me to get a hold of him and contact ebay that i just ended up forgetting about the whole thing....so do be very careful

and like everyone said, there are AMAZING deals online thru the vendor link here in PS and doing a search will return a lot of excellent deals....and of course, everyone here has a wealth of experience and information that they can share with u if u ask...

i wish u the best of luck! and always remember that cut is the most important that even a smaller diamond with a better cut than a much larger diamond will always be brighter with more fire!

Thanks msb!! Pricescope has SERIOUSLY helped me out!! I would have NEVER bothered to look for Cut as one of my key target parameters if it wasn''t for you guys.

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
Date: 6/2/2006 3:00:09 AM
Author: researcher
AGS has a new grading system for princess cuts. The ideal stones will have a cut score of 0, while very good princesses will have a score of 1. I would not go lower than 1, and would try for an AGS0. Now, the AGS system did not come into play until, I think, mid/late 2005 or something. So, for princess cuts with certificates before that date there was no system of grading the cut proportions of princess shaped stones (and no AGS reports for them).

Now, you don''t have to get an AGS stone. You can save money by getting a GIA graded stone, but it''s harder to determine which stones are very good cuts or better. To narrow down the stones there are some basic guidelines, but no hard and fast rules. In my own research, I have come to the conclusion that I prefer princess cuts with the following:

Depth: High 60''s to mid 70''s

Table: 65-73% (depends on the depth though); a loose ''rule'' is having a table equal to or less than the depth. HOWEVER, if I remember correctly I think over 65% or something of AGS-O stones have a depth < or = 60%. But, they tend to be a different beast altogether. Also, I prefer a slightly larger table because I love the brilliance of the stones!

Crown: At least 10%

Pavilion Depth: Around 60%

Girdle: TN, TN-M, TN-STK, M, M-STK, M-TK, STK, STK-TK

I can''t tell you what the cost savings will be, as each stone is different. But, you can compare stones with these parameters and find out for yourself!

Good Luck!

After reading it... I was recommended 2 diamonds on a different thread... what do you think of these?

Hey, since you know quite a bit ( I appreciate all help), do you know or recommend any jewelry/diamond stores in Southern California? (I have no idea if you even live there
33.gif
or near or around there).

-----------------

1.5 I VVS2 (for the clarity snob in you ) http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00489599&filter_id=0
1.55 I VVS2 http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00905432&filter_id=0

These were recommended by JulieN btw
36.gif

researcher

Ideal_Rock
After reading it... I was recommended 2 diamonds on a different thread... what do you think of these?

Hey, since you know quite a bit ( I appreciate all help), do you know or recommend any jewelry/diamond stores in Southern California? (I have no idea if you even live there
33.gif
or near or around there).

-----------------

1.5 I VVS2 (for the clarity snob in you ) http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00489599&filter_id=0

1.55 I VVS2 http://www.bluenile.com/diamonds_details.asp?pid=LD00905432&filter_id=0

These were recommended by JulieN btw
36.gif
[/quote]

Both of those stones are AGS-0 in terms of cut, so they are great choices. I don''t think Bluenile provides an ideal scope image, but the AGS cut score bodes well for the stones. Without more information, I would go with the 1.5ct stone. Not only does it face up slightly bigger, but, as I said before, I prefer a slightly larger table.

As for jewelers in SoCal, where are you located? In San Diego I like Jessop''s Jewelers, Harold Stevens, and Coin Mart (don''t be fooled by their name--it''s a great shop!). In L.A. there''s the Diamond District, and as long as you go in armed with knowledge about princess cuts and pricing (and an Ideal Scope--or a new ASET scope!) you can get a good deal. Also, Ice Store, a PS vendor, is located in Beverly Hills.

I have to say though, I got the best deal and most amazing princess from Whiteflash. Brian, the diamond cutter, is AWESOME! You might want to contact Whiteflash to see if Brian has cut any new princess cuts that meet your specs. He knows his stuff
36.gif

On a side note, we''re having a PS get together in San Diego in July if you''re interested
1.gif
The link is: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/calling-san-diego-psers.45931/.

aquarius4u

Rough_Rock
my bad ! because i did not buy it thru ebay though i saw it on ebay and made a phone call to them to purchase the ring. the people from sales were so helpful that you get overflowing mails and follow-ups from different sales reps. and they never would have any negative comment about the stone that you are enquiring about . as a matter of fact the lady that sold me the stone claimed that she had it in her hand and stated"ohhhhhhhhhh this is so gorgeous and definitely eye clean" when asked specific questions re; visible inclusions. dunno but maybe she is blind or plainly playing the part to get your money.anyways, i still believe though that i will get my money back.... just glad i bought it thru my credit card .one thing though, they do have a nice store in new york near fifth avenue that is why i trusted them and i believed the feedbacks.when you try to get your money back nobody would even answer your emails or return back calls when you get the machine.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results