shape
carat
color
clarity

Continuation of

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
I can''t seem to find a "Post Reply" icon... so I''ll do the NEXT BEST THING... just link it and start a new thread based on the old one.

I had a question about this place... is this place legitimate then? I read all the posts from the previous thread and its about a 50/50 chance its good or not.

I too am about to buy a diamond from the Ebay store Global Bargain Hunters... and their certification is NGL.

Now I know to INDEPENDENTLY get the diamond appraised myself once I get it (they have a "No Questions asked" 7-day money back return policy)... so where can I take it in the Los Angeles area (I am willing to drive up to 75 miles one way) to get it INDEPENDENTLY appraised/certified?

The price of the diamond is TOO good to be true, but after emailing them, they said (and I quote) "We do not sell stones that have been treated or enhanced in any way".

Diamond is close to a 2ct princess vs2-H for about $7,000.

Sorry if I''m not to revive old threads, but I wouldn''t know how 2 do it.

Any help guys?
17.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
if its too good to be true it is....
there is a sucker born every minute....
dont be a sucker...
need I go on?

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
Hmm... the sad thing is... I have been jipped 2x before on ebay... once for a CD, and another time for a Computer Sound Card... I thought I had learned my lesson... never buy from anyone that has ZERO feedback

The seller has 100% feedback at over 1000+ positive feedback... so I''d think that he has some legitimacy... I DO have that 7-day money back guarantee... So what am I missing?

Why is this still TOO good 2 b true?

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
It may not be treated or enhanced in any way but sure could be frozen spit at that price. Sorry, but as the saying goes, if it''s too good to be true, it usually is. Plus think of the cost of gas driving 75 miles to an appraiser to find out it''s a piece of crap?? You have a nice budget, stay away from ebay. We hear too many horror stories on here.....
38.gif

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
frozen spit?!?! Meaning it''s not even a diamont at all?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We hear nightmare stories on here all the time about e-bay diamonds. We try to warn people not to fall for deals that appear too good to be true. I don''t know what a NGL cert is, but I could make one on my computer that would have about as much meaning. So take the advice you''ve been given. Nobody gives great diamonds away. Some have found diamonds difficult to return. Do not buy a $7000. diamond on ebay.

indecisive

Brilliant_Rock
Do a search on Global Bargain Hunters
20.gif

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
JWPR,

A drive to LA isn’t such a bad way to spend a day off. There are several fine independent appraisers there who are listed in the resources link at the top of the page. Don’t forget their fee in the budgeting for this exercise.

Notice that the charge for the NGL ‘certificate’ isn’t refundable by the way. Don’t buy it or don’t complain when they won’t refund it. I’m curious how you decided that there is a 50/50 chance of happiness.

Neil Beaty
GG(GIA) ISA NAJA
Professional Appraisals in Denver

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I agree, do not risk it. Do you not care at all about cut (the most important of the 4 C''s)? You have only mentioned carat weight, clarity, and color. Why would anyone sell a great diamond or even a good one for a price like that?

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t do it. Two carats with those specs would cost more than $7000. Go to www.toolhaus.org and type in their ebay seller name. See what negative comments they have.

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 7:32:46 PM
Author: lizz
I wouldn''t do it. Two carats with those specs would cost more than $7000. Go to www.toolhaus.org and type in their ebay seller name. See what negative comments they have.
lizz... like I said, they have 100% positive feedback (I saw like 2 neutrals, out of the 1000+ positive feedbacks)... so that REALLY doesn''t discourage me from buying from them... in fact, I think the contrary

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 7:29:33 PM
Author: jazmine
I agree, do not risk it. Do you not care at all about cut (the most important of the 4 C''s)? You have only mentioned carat weight, clarity, and color. Why would anyone sell a great diamond or even a good one for a price like that?

It''s a princess cut.

I do think also why sell for soo cheap... but they are legit eBay store with EXCELLENT feedback percentage and rating... so I dont know.

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 7:11:29 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
We hear nightmare stories on here all the time about e-bay diamonds. We try to warn people not to fall for deals that appear too good to be true. I don''t know what a NGL cert is, but I could make one on my computer that would have about as much meaning. So take the advice you''ve been given. Nobody gives great diamonds away. Some have found diamonds difficult to return. Do not buy a $7000. diamond on ebay.

Please click on the link from the 1st post of this thread to see what I''m talking about this NGL cert.

A google check for NGL is what got me to these forums to begin with.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Please Please don''t buy it! About once every couple of weeks or so we get to hear a horror story of someone who made a purchase on ebay and got ripped off. Often the dealers misrepresent their products and do not hold to their return policy...sometimes things work out after weeks of hastle and other times they loose a ton of money and start all over with their ring purchase. Please don''t be one of them, not a single person here suggested buying from this seller.

There are some legitimate sellers, but they are priced like legitimate sellers...their diamonds are not this cheap.

For this price, the diamond could either be horrible quality, the dealer may have lied about clarity enhancement (what''s stopping him), carat weight, color, or clarity...or all of the above...often nasty sellers lie until they get caught because most people don''t know diamonds well enough to know better when they receive their product. The average seller probably won''t take it to get appraised or be able to tell a horrible cut from a good cut...and that''s why these diamonds are priced so cheaply...and that''s why the sellers get away with ripping people off for months before closing their account and opening a new one again.

Yes, ebay dealers do lie...check the number of feedbacks that were mutually withdrawn...if there are more than just a couple, something is wrong...and also actually READ the feedback, not just the positive/negative scores.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate to harp about this and be harsh, but I just hate to see someone get ripped off. Folks here can help you find a beautiful ring here for $7000, it won''t be 2 carats, but stunning. I just looked them up...

They have 21 mutually withdrawn feedbacks!!! BAD

Here are some of the feedbacks that should worry you:

"center stone was of poorer quality than indicated"
"NON HO ANCORA RICEVUTO NIENTE!!!!!"--this means I didn''t receive anything I think...?
"service is good but diamond is bad. I need change ring or money back"
"Returned 1st ring-diamond was yellow"
"product was not quite as good as description, great price and seller"
"Certificate seemed to overstate diamond quality"
"Good delivery and refund as guaranteed but item not expected quality"
"Item as described, slow shipping. Almost did not rec''v for C-mas"
"Act dia. grade off (~K & SI2/I1), Neutral only due to ok price & return policy"

There, are more...

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
Okay, when I said you know nothing about the cut, I didn't mean you know nothing about the shape (e.g. princess). The cut is not what shape the diamond is cut to, it determines how much and if your diamond will sparkle and how much brilliance there is. Do you think that all princess diamonds are the same? To assess cut you need table and depth %'s, pavilllion and crown angles, information about the girdle and culet, etc. You should really educate yourself so that you do not get ripped off.

When I used Lizz's link and put in their user id, I got all kinds of feedback that did not sound good at all.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay, 100% positive???

"1268 feedback received by global_bargain_hunters (21 ratings mutually withdrawn)"

Neutrals: "center stone was of poorer quality than indicated"

"product was not quite as good as description, great price and seller"

Withdrawn: "Certificate seemed to overstate diamond quality"

Um, add up the neutrals and the withdrawns and you don't get 100% anymore.

(I had my reply screen up while searching ebay and did not see that kcourselle was posting the same thing!)

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The other thing you said that was a red flag to me about this seller. The stone is close to 2 carats. How close??? Did they give an exact weight of the stone. Many times we hear of someone getting what they think is say a 2 carat stone, when indeed it is way short of that.... AND there is little recourse when you ask for your money back, sometimes people end up eating the money they laid out for the stone. I really think if you let us help you, we can find you a beautiful princess cut, that is well CUT. If you want our help, all you need to do is ask.
1.gif
That's why we're here. We are not ganging up on you, just don't want you to get ripped off as many have before you. SBT= Sad but true....
2.gif

ilovesparkles

Ideal_Rock
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=global_bargain_hunters

This is a link with all thebad feedback that has been withdrawn that kcoursolle was talking about. I wouldn't buy from them if it were me. I would trust my fellow PSers 100% before these random people giving feedback on ebay.

ETA: the replies by the seller are pretty nasty too and he will admit nothing. Just an observation

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 7:17:14 PM
Author: indecisive
Do a search on Global Bargain Hunters
20.gif

I did a few hours ago... and my gosh!!! Nothing but negative feedback. Now I am scared to buy from them!!

I read ALL the threads and ALL the posts dealing with Global Bargain Hunters, and all are negative, and the guy representing GBH is VERY disrespectful and rude too.

Something positive that I DID find is that some person had recommended GOG and Whitesparkle?!?! What is this... an eBay store, or an online diamond store? Is that where i can find good deals on engagement rings?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whiteflash
2.gif

They are not ebay stores...they are physical stores (located near Long Island and Houston, respectively.) They sell online, but their business is not ONLY online.

On "good deals." You will get very well-cut stones at a good price, but they will not have $7K / 2 ct (aka "frozen spit")

marvel

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 7:05:19 PM
Author: JPWRana
frozen spit?!?! Meaning it's not even a diamont at all?
Meaning...It's probably real, but looks like frozen spit. You want a beautiful sparkling diamond.

A 2ct/H princess should be twice that price. We've seen post from people who get nailed on e-bay when buying a diamond. Why take the chance?

DON'T DO IT!!

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
You can''t go wrong with a gorgous diamond from Whiteflash
1.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
You can check out the Pricescope vendors by clicking resources at the top of the page. I have bought from both www.whiteflash.com and www.goodoldgold.com I also highly recommend www.winkjones.com and www.jamesallen.com Have a look... We will be more than happy to help you. They all have an excellent reputation, and they do not sell on ebay. You can do a search on them by typing in their names in the search box. They are all awesome vendors and you can't go wrong with any of them!! Really
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I will only reiterate what is being said...DO NOT BUY FROM EBAY! I got RIPPED off more than once and the person basically disappeared from Ebay. I tried to pursue through legal channels but the person had given false information to Ebay. BAD NEWS. I have never bought from GOG or Whiteflash, but you have a decent budget and I think some of the vendors will give PS members some sort of discount. If you get it and it is not what you were told and you go to get your money back, you might find yourself sh*t out of luck. I lost a few thousand and both times Ebay''s response was that the seller in question was no longer a listed member on Ebay. TWICE I went through it. That is too much money to risk. Look at the threads here from folks who got ripped off...not worth it in my opinion...

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 8:31:48 PM
Okay, when I said you know nothing about the cut, I didn''t mean you know nothing about the shape (e.g. princess). The cut is not what shape the diamond is cut to, it determines how much and if your diamond will sparkle and how much brilliance there is. Do you think that all princess diamonds are the same? To assess cut you need table and depth %''s, pavilllion and crown angles, information about the girdle and culet, etc. You should really educate yourself so that you do not get ripped off.

Oh ok... THAT i know absolutely NOTHING about... so I dont know WHAT would get me the MOST sparkle... or how I would determine what that would be... help?
33.gif

Date: 5/29/2006 8:31:48 PM
When I used Lizz''s link and put in their user id, I got all kinds of feedback that did not sound good at all.

I didn''t get any negative feedback... but the other posts DO say the Negative feedback retracted and the Neutral feedback.

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 8:39:52 PM
Author: ilovesparkles
http://toolhaus.org/cgi-bin/negs?User=global_bargain_hunters

This is a link with all thebad feedback that has been withdrawn that kcoursolle was talking about. I wouldn''t buy from them if it were me. I would trust my fellow PSers 100% before these random people giving feedback on ebay.

Thank you Rock!! I will DEFINATELY not buy know from there...

The rock that I had in mind to buy was

ETA: the replies by the seller are pretty nasty too and he will admit nothing. Just an observation
THIS DIAMOND RING

So this ring is too good to be true then?

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/30/2006 12:04:05 AM
Author: kaleigh
You can check out the Pricescope vendors by clicking resources at the top of the page. I have bought from both www.whiteflash.com and www.goodoldgold.com I also highly recommend www.winkjones.com and www.jamesallen.com Have a look... We will be more than happy to help you. They all have an excellent reputation, and they do not sell on ebay. You can do a search on them by typing in their names in the search box. They are all awesome vendors and you can''t go wrong with any of them!! Really
2.gif

THANK YOU KALEIGH!!! I will DEFINATELY look into these!!! Thank you everyone for your valuable input!!

This is my 1st thread and I do feel very welcome and well helped!!
36.gif
Too bad there isn''t an A+ tab or option that I can give you guys

JPWRana

Rough_Rock
Date: 5/29/2006 11:49:41 PM
Author: JulieN
Whiteflash
2.gif

They are not ebay stores...they are physical stores (located near Long Island and Houston, respectively.) They sell online, but their business is not ONLY online.

On ''good deals.'' You will get very well-cut stones at a good price, but they will not have $7K / 2 ct (aka ''frozen spit'')

is "good deals" an online diamond store?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JPWR
35.gif

no need to waste your time ,gas and money for an appraisel. i can give you a FREE appraisel right now "IT AIN"T WORTH $7000 BUCKS"
38.gif
you have a better chance of hitting the Ca lotto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results