shape
carat
color
clarity

*CONSIDERING* a re-set! Opinions/advice welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Lynn-

I''m jumping in late on this thread but I have t say- I ADORE your set!
30.gif
That is a huge expense to add a few extra stones though, ya know?

However, I''m a "it HAS to be right" kind of person and if it isn''t, even something small, it nags me. The "arms" on my cathedral setting didn''t reach up to the head,there was some space on each side, and it nagged me for 3 years. I finally had my jeweler fix it and to me, my e-ring is now perfect!! I went back and forth on changing my set for months because it just wasn''t right but never followed through. Now I''m glad I didn''t go through that expense and headache because fixing the small problem made my e-ring perfect! So I understand about the small things, small things that seem ridiculous to others (my DH did the eye roll whenever I talked about the small spaces
20.gif
) , can make a huge difference!

But if you are going to change your set because it spins... what about doing something totally different? Like Matatora''s new solitare e-ring setting? Or like JCrows? And then get a 3/4 wedding band?

Good luck!

Carrie

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK - that way my last question to you! HA!

Full steam ahead on the new project then - can''t wait to see what you choose!

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Mrs. S,
Exactly. It''s not the actual act of spinning that makes me crazy, not the physical "turning" on my finger. It''s the blasted plain band of plat that I always see when the rings un-align even a little. Silly, I know! But it is how I feel.

Carrie,
Thanks for the input and your valued opinions!

MGR,
Thanks for the smile!

I adore Slammie''s set, but I just can''t help but think it may be a little too dressy and "elegant" for me? I am SUCH a jeans and flip-flops girl, and I need rings that dress up AND down. I might worry an awful lot about the pave on the head, too. Does she wear a wedding band with it? Does it sit flush, does anyone know?

I am currently pouring through the eye-candy thread. I am up to page 11. I want to be sure I don''t miss any possible contenders!!!
1.gif

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Lynn,
I think it is great you have shared your "plight" with this forum in regards to your set, as many sets are like that and it is good for the ladies in waiting to know the "downside" to those type of sets that look great in the photos and in the jeweler''s case (and even on our fingers while we are just sitting there, not doing anything!) but are a different story in real life. You''ve taken the test drive and now you are letting the rest of us know how it feels on the open road!

As for the level of "dressy" no matter which style you choose, I''m ALL for the major bling encrusted ring with tattered jeans and a wife beater tank!!! But, I''m not the one to ask -- I wear my 3.29 ring w/ my 5 ctw studs and some other asundry jewels with my flip flops. (Hey, no accounting for taste, I guess!!!)

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ditto headlight, the more bling the better paired with jeans and flip flops, i''m all about that too. i figure who cares what you wear as long as you WEAR it!!

headlight

Ideal_Rock
Exaaaactly, Mara!
I mean, let''s be honest -- are we really dressed if we don''t have our bling on?
You could be wearing some outrageously priced designer couture garb, but wouldn''t you feel NAKED without your bling?
Yet, you could just have on a robe and your jewels and feel totally great!
AND, speaking of your bling, you will be united with your new bling very, very soon!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I must agree with Mara and Headlight- Sparkle goes with EVERYTHING!
31.gif
31.gif
31.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree, I don''t think one style is more dressy/casual than the other. They are just different. Slammie''s set would seem like it runs along the more subtle sparkle lines where the shared prongs sets are always bling to me. Just get what you WANT
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results