shape
carat
color
clarity

Conned on ebay. I quit!

tanzmainiandevil

Rough_Rock
Unfortunately those types are born without a conscience. Ebay is a dangerous place to buy gems from. Just sent back a tanz which cost me $28.00 in return postage. Just about anything bought online whether ebay or any other auction house is taking a risk. Unless you can see, touch and have a 100% guarantee on your purchase I'd advise against it. Even 100% positive feedback on ebay isn't always what it seems. Sorry bout your experience. Take care.

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
Finally a happy resolution to report. Paypal has ruled on my chargeback claim: "The case is closed because there is insufficient evidence to dispute the chargeback." I'm still out shipping and RH got a lab report for the stone at my expense. I'm glad we can put this thread to rest and hopefully all be more cautious in the future as a result of this ordeal.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelpie,
I am hugely relieved and happy for you. There is NO reason why you shouldn't be refunded your money (minus shipping). $800 is NOT chump change. I am terribly sorry that you had to jump through so many hoops, waste so much time and endure such heartache and stress in the process. It is a horrible feeling to feel that trust of a vendor dissolve into nothingness.

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1326977100|3106562 said:
Kelpie,
I am hugely relieved and happy for you. There is NO reason why you shouldn't be refunded your money (minus shipping). $800 is NOT chump change. I am terribly sorry that you had to jump through so many hoops, waste so much time and endure such heartache and stress in the process. It is a horrible feeling to feel that trust of a vendor dissolve into nothingness.

I agree! So glad it was resolved in your favor Kelpie!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy it was resolved Kelpie but :shock: :-o I miss a lot when I'm not here!

-A

iLander

Ideal_Rock
That is fabulous news! :appl: :appl:

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
So happy for you!!!!!!!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I'm happy for you that this was resolved. For future buyers, how did you end up successfully communicating with Ebay?

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Very pleased for you to hear it's resolved albeit with some loss, thank you for updating us.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Kelpie, this is great news! I logged on thinking it was just a latecomer commiserating on your plight, but how happy to see that Paypal came through! Yes! and I hope this helps others who are thinking of selling...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1326986592|3106647 said:
I'm happy for you that this was resolved. For future buyers, how did you end up successfully communicating with Ebay?
Thanks! eBay and paypal were no help at all. I took it to the creditcard company who initiated the chargeback with paypal. Always use a creditcard for paypal/eBay transactions!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Good advice, Kelpie.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Kelpie I am delighted for you. :appl: It just goes to show that persistence pays off and normally a ruling will be in your favour if fundamentally you're right.

Porridge

Ideal_Rock
Yay! Delighted to hear it Kelpie!!

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I'm so happy for you!!!

I think we all learned a great deal so thank you for sharing this (terrible) experience.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
kelpie|1327007722|3106880 said:
pregcurious|1326986592|3106647 said:
Thanks! eBay and paypal were no help at all. I took it to the creditcard company who initiated the chargeback with paypal. Always use a creditcard for paypal/eBay transactions!

Yay Kelpie! Good advice as well. Does this mean that you got reimbursed, and that RH had to give the money back? Or do you get your money back, but RH got to keep what was paid her? She doesn't deserve a penny of that money, IMHO.

Either way, kudos to you for your persistence and grace in this situation.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I'm so relieved for you Kelpie!!! I'm glad everything worked out in the end for you. And I agree to ALWAYS pay by credit card on paypal. It just gives you that much more protection. Woo hoo for getting back your $800!

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Great news!!!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Very glad to hear this.

mastercutgems

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Bravo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So happy for you; never give up........

Dana

Aoife

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so happy you finally have a resolution for this, Kelpie. I'm only sorry it took so long, and was such a frustrating and disillusioning process.

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great news! :)

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
glad that you got most of it back....good job in holding the course long enough for it to work out in your favor!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
I read this whole thread this evening. Ella, thank you for keeping the thread open for us to learn from this experience.

I am glad you got your money back, kelpie. Shopping with a credit card can be a real blessing...sometimes! :lol: :lol: :lol: :D

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
I've been following this and so glad you finally got a positive resolution. Minus some costs, you got your money back, and that vendor got a bad reputation.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results