shape
carat
color
clarity

Conned on ebay. I quit!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
fake baby or fake paraiba, either way it is creepy. The fake baby comes with a forever guarantee so the buyer can send it back anytime and she will restore it? Also I feel that I am expected to read some mystic significance in the doll having been painted with GENESIS®? paints. UltraCreepy®.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
the spirits were certainly busy on all saint's day [november 1]!
looks like this thread resurrected itself in that day's honor and has refused to return to the grave....... :lol:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I apologise in advance to anybody that collects the Reborn baby dolls.

There was a programme in the UK about a year ago specifically about women who collect these attrocious, hideous dolls. Apparently, they treat them like children - taking them shopping, out in prams, buying clothes for them and one woman even had one of the dolls made to look like her grandson who had moved to Australia. It was seriously creepy and very worrying. Not one of the collectors came across as being normal or sane. These dolls are life-like in size and some have breathing mechanisms put inside them. It was very very very very unsettling and weird beyond belief. You only have to look at RH's advert for her doll. Who on earth would make a doll like a premature baby or even want one?

Think I'll stick to my gemstones thank you very much and I won't be buying from Facettherainbow.

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
LD, I saw that tv show. It was so insane, weird and worrying. Seriously creeped me out.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
And like magic, all the listings by facettherainbow are gone

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What do you think her next ebay name will be? GemForScam?

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I think the dolls are possessed
and there's another one.

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
Stay on topic.

JimBrowner

Rough_Rock
Hello. This thread was brought up in a forum I belong to and I came here to read it and try to understand what has happened.
I have met Kathryne personally and at first was kind of shocked by the context of the original post. I do not see her as someone who would purposely scam someone else. I stopped reading how ever when the thread began taking a turn towards personal attacks toward Kathryne. From what I can understand, this is one person who purchased a gemstone from her and was not happy with what she got. Then Kathryne claims she received a gemstone that was cracked and offered the purchaser a partial refund. As a reseller myself, not gemstones but electronics, I personally don't see the problem with how she handled the situation. What I don't understand is, the personal attacks a group of people can throw at someone they have never met and how these comments are at all helpful or needed.

I have known Kathryne for about a year and although I don't know her very well, I know her from what she has done in my community and from the multiple times I have spoken to her. Last Christmas she went to the local mall with a bag and of gemstones and passed them out to the public for free, my wife included. She didn't include a card or ask for any recognition. That had so much influence on us as a family my wife got involved and helped her bake apple pies for the police, fire station and the teachers at the local school for the holidays. She has also donated money for my church mission to pass out supplies for children in south America.

The comments about her dolls are nothing but mean. It is obviously not understood what these dolls do and how they help people cope with past experiences. I have spoken with Kathryne recently and she is donating one of her dolls to a local retirement home for Alzheimer's patients. My wife collects the reborn dolls and took offense to the comments posted by *loving diamonds*. She owns one that was made to look like our son that passed away, and owns others because it is an artform that she enjoys collecting. Judging her with such angry and hateful words for collecting such items made my jaw drop. It is no different then collecting diamonds, something we see no point of.

My point is even though I feel for the person who started this thread, I can see both sides and I feel for both sides involved. We do need to remember we are all human. Making anger filled comments and judging someone you do not really know beyond a few posts on a forum is not beneficial to anyone.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelpie:

I would second LD's wise recommendation to list out all the names you know that Rockhugger has gone by or goes by so this thread shows up in any web search.

Oh, and I've been dying to know - what is your latest avatar?

Hera

Ideal_Rock
Oh Jim Browner, you have to know we're going to find the forum you speak of.

I'm not sure if it's off topic but RH describes the Pricescope transaction in the thread:

**please rember that we do not allow links or discussion of other forums to prevent fighting betweeeeen forums**

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh dear! I see I've been quoted on that other forum! How interesting the comments are and why they think I wrote what I did! Apparently I can't register to respond as I don't own a Reborn doll and am never likely to do so - so my response (since you're clearly reading this forum RH) is in the Hangout so this thread stays on topic.

Ella - I apologise and do hope you allow my post to stay as I have no other form of response.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
LovingDiamonds|1320351559|3053398 said:
I apologise in advance to anybody that collects the Reborn baby dolls.

There was a programme in the UK about a year ago specifically about women who collect these attrocious, hideous dolls. Apparently, they treat them like children - taking them shopping, out in prams, buying clothes for them and one woman even had one of the dolls made to look like her grandson who had moved to Australia. It was seriously creepy and very worrying. Not one of the collectors came across as being normal or sane. These dolls are life-like in size and some have breathing mechanisms put inside them. It was very very very very unsettling and weird beyond belief. You only have to look at RH's advert for her doll. Who on earth would make a doll like a premature baby or even want one?

Think I'll stick to my gemstones thank you very much and I won't be buying from Facettherainbow.

We have a lot of rainbows in Hawaii. I've heard a lot of people say, "Look at the rainbow!" "Face the rainbow," not so much. :errrr:

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Sorry Ella we did veer off topic, but the way was paved. Still it was a fork in the road we did not have to take.

SO after that detour we find ourselves still without Kelpie's refund. Adding more insult to an already insulted injury is the fact that the WRONGLY sent back stone still has not arrived at Kelpie's postal office to be refused, once again raising the questions, was it even sent? and was it insured? I doubt this stillborn stone can ever be reborn.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
[quote="Imdanny|1320451299|3054280We have a lot of rainbows in Hawaii. I've heard a lot of people say, "Look at the rainbow!" "Face the rainbow," not so much. :errrr:[/quote]

facet the rainbow...........

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JimBrowner|1320421588|3053881 said:
Hello. This thread was brought up in a forum I belong to and I came here to read it and try to understand what has happened.
I have met Kathryne personally and at first was kind of shocked by the context of the original post. I do not see her as someone who would purposely scam someone else. I stopped reading how ever when the thread began taking a turn towards personal attacks toward Kathryne. From what I can understand, this is one person who purchased a gemstone from her and was not happy with what she got. Then Kathryne claims she received a gemstone that was cracked and offered the purchaser a partial refund. As a reseller myself, not gemstones but electronics, I personally don't see the problem with how she handled the situation. What I don't understand is, the personal attacks a group of people can throw at someone they have never met and how these comments are at all helpful or needed.

I have known Kathryne for about a year and although I don't know her very well, I know her from what she has done in my community and from the multiple times I have spoken to her. Last Christmas she went to the local mall with a bag and of gemstones and passed them out to the public for free, my wife included. She didn't include a card or ask for any recognition. That had so much influence on us as a family my wife got involved and helped her bake apple pies for the police, fire station and the teachers at the local school for the holidays. She has also donated money for my church mission to pass out supplies for children in south America.

The comments about her dolls are nothing but mean. It is obviously not understood what these dolls do and how they help people cope with past experiences. I have spoken with Kathryne recently and she is donating one of her dolls to a local retirement home for Alzheimer's patients. My wife collects the reborn dolls and took offense to the comments posted by *loving diamonds*. She owns one that was made to look like our son that passed away, and owns others because it is an artform that she enjoys collecting. Judging her with such angry and hateful words for collecting such items made my jaw drop. It is no different then collecting diamonds, something we see no point of.

My point is even though I feel for the person who started this thread, I can see both sides and I feel for both sides involved. We do need to remember we are all human. Making anger filled comments and judging someone you do not really know beyond a few posts on a forum is not beneficial to anyone.

Jim, we did get sidetracked, but playing the role of "a character witness" like you areiy doing is in a way sidetracking too. In fact, some of us, like myself, did like RH till recently... No one is attacking RH as a person, but as a vendor she is not trustworthy. I am a customer and if I did not trust my vendors, I would cease buying from them and try to warn others. We post everything here... when ee feel that a vendor photoshops the image too heavily, or if we feel that the price is too high. The bottom line of this thread is, do not trust RH as a vendor, you may not get your money back! I can not imagine buying something from a vendor, then returning it and not getting my money. I trust vendors in Thriailand, where returns are difficult. This story is so unusual that it generated plenty of responses. RH was offered the opportunity to mend the situation. The thread would have been removed...she did not respond. These dolls came up only because they were in the same store as her stones, and BTW, she has, or had, another store on eBay not related to stones and could be selling them in that store.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was visiting another website recently. Without stating the name, it is one that is similar to this Colored Stone forum only seems to cater to those in the trade. Many of us are members there as well. Anyway, interesting thread on burmese rubies recently started by TRH2011, with, unsurprisingly, a bit of controversy. Again, lessons being learned on how to run a business.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
minousbijoux|1320459450|3054374 said:
I was visiting another website recently. Without stating the name, it is one that is similar to this Colored Stone forum only seems to cater to those in the trade. Many of us are members there as well. Anyway, interesting thread on burmese rubies recently started by TRH2011, with, unsurprisingly, a bit of controversy. Again, lessons being learned on how to run a business.

2 + 2 = 4 :lol:

Haywood74

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1320459450|3054374 said:

The whole thing that gets me is that someone can do all of this and still want to be part of an online community. Yeah, like someone is NOT going to notice your presence here or another somewhat related forum. As stated, some folks are members in several forums and are watching.

Oh, and just so I don't get accused of going off topic here, it should be noted that said user, TRH2011, the first post on that "other forum" dealt with how to submit a stone to either GIA or AGL for an origin report. To be exact, this person was asking about possible Copper-bearing Tourmalines. Imagine that. That post was on July 8, 2011, same day that person joined that forum. How does that date relate to the timeline of this whole debacle with Kelpie taking place?

My personal thought is that this person knows just about enough stuff about gems to qualify as an "Internet Rambo Gemologist." Learn a little bit of information and try to talk the same talk and make yourself look way more professional than what you really are. Am I the only person that looks at this whole situation and just shakes their head in disbelief that this seemingly unscrupulous con-artist of a vendor (and I use the term vendor loosely here) is just going to move along to the next person? Unbelievable.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haywood74|1320577423|3055116 said:
My personal thought is that this person knows just about enough stuff about gems to qualify as an "Internet Rambo Gemologist." Learn a little bit of information and try to talk the same talk and make yourself look way more professional than what you really are. Am I the only person that looks at this whole situation and just shakes their head in disbelief that this seemingly unscrupulous con-artist of a vendor (and I use the term vendor loosely here) is just going to move along to the next person?

No, by no means are you the only one, which is why this thread continues. While many of us do not feel that this was just an "unfortunate set of circumstances" or an "accident," we can't go maligning either. What we can do is to point out, from public records, what this same vendor has said and done elsewhere. From what I've read, it seems that this vendor cuts corners and finds herself often, most especially in the company of trade members, having her ethics questioned. The fact that trade members whom we trust try to distance themselves from her is very telling to me, and should be a major red flag to others.

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I think there will be consequences. RH told us all about how PS doesn't matter that much and yet we've watched her change sites/ her name in real time because of this very thread. This combined with the fact it's the Internet, every site is only a click away from every other, as we have also seen, and I'd say her professional reputation is pretty much destroyed. The only thing we can do at this point, since she insists on sticking to her "Kelpie didn't get what she expected, so what" story is try to warn others so it doesn't happen to them.

ooo~Shiney!

Brilliant_Rock
Regardless of all that's been written here, Kelpie returned a stone and didn't get her money back.
She had NO control over the "damage" so why the argument over the return.
If RH was such a wonderful person (*and vendor) she would have been professional
and tried to sort out the problem with AGL, as has been debated here ad nauseum.

(here's a thought. was it "really" damaged ??? photoshop can do so many things)

Anyway, MY mind keeps going back to the 800 DOLLARS !!!
That's almost a thousand.....
I just can't wrap my mind around that.

that's an awful lot of money.

portoar

Brilliant_Rock
[
Oh, and just so I don't get accused of going off topic here, it should be noted that said user, TRH2011, the first post on that "other forum" dealt with how to submit a stone to either GIA or AGL for an origin report. To be exact, this person was asking about possible Copper-bearing Tourmalines. Imagine that. That post was on July 8, 2011, same day that person joined that forum. How does that date relate to the timeline of this whole debacle with Kelpie taking place?

.[/quote]

Wait, so this person on the "other forum" inquired about paraiba tourmalines, was told by AGL on the forum that they do two types of testing, one for copper bearing and one for country of origin, and that only after a country of origin test confirms a Brazilian origin will call a gem straight Paraiba (other point of origin being called paraiba-type) . . . .and then, referring back to Kelpie's initial posts, Kelpie says the gem was represented in the listing as a Brazilian Paraiba???!!!

That really ups the misrepresentation factor in this whole debacle. . .

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
And RH did say in the other thread that she never should have authorized a return. So she should have just stole outright?

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1320275756|3052875 said:
Yes, I saw that too; she's amassed a vast collection of mediocre opal. Hardship, then, was not a factor.

Much sidestepping in her descriptions of current items. Panjir emeralds not ususally oiled?!...with the implication that these are not oiled, yet with nothing to back that up. Isn't oil about the only thing they have in that part of the world?

(please note the clever use of the same implication by spurious reasoning)

Panjshir emeralds? Where does it say that, Vapid? :confused:

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amethystguy|1320689730|3056173 said:
VapidLapid|1320275756|3052875 said:
Yes, I saw that too; she's amassed a vast collection of mediocre opal. Hardship, then, was not a factor.

Much sidestepping in her descriptions of current items. Panjir emeralds not ususally oiled?!...with the implication that these are not oiled, yet with nothing to back that up. Isn't oil about the only thing they have in that part of the world?

(please note the clever use of the same implication by spurious reasoning)

Panjshir emeralds? Where does it say that, Vapid? :confused:

Amguy it was in the wording of the Ebay listing (not the title but the actual body). Here http://www.ebay.com/itm/11ct-Panjshir-Emerald-VIVID-Green-Nearly-Loup-Clean-/280765509448?pt=Loose_Gemstones_1&hash=item415eedaf48 and here http://www.ebay.com/itm/79ct-Afghanistan-Panjshir-Emerald-Eye-Clean-Fantastic-Color-/280765479722?pt=Loose_Gemstones_1&hash=item415eed3b2a

In case the listing stops working the wording says "As far as treatment, Panjshir emeralds are typically unoiled. With any emerald, trace amounts of oil may be present."

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, LD ;-)

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
THanks LD!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results