shape
carat
color
clarity

Completed! My 2ct Semi-Bezel Ring ❤️

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
My original post is here: https://www.pricescope.com/communit...2ct-oval-semi-bezel-ring.252770/#post-4640668

Sorry to start a new one but I couldn't edit the title in case people were curious to see the end result.

So my jeweller rang to say that my ring was ready! I was about to contact him to see how he was progressing but he beat me to it. He did say over the phone that he wasn't able to get the two smaller diamonds set on the sides which disappointed me a little, but he said I was welcome to take a look at the ring first and see what we could do, perhaps with smaller stones.

Anyway, as soon as I saw her though, I knew she was perfect as she was. Simple was definitely best so I told my jeweller not to worry about the hidden stones. I was able to take her home later that day after a polish. I was so worried that his initial hand-drawn design was too simple but it's just right. The stone stands out enough as it is. It never seems as big loose, but set in a ring... wow!

I will try and take better photos later but these should give you an idea :D

My jeweller nailed the gold perfectly. It's 20K which he said is still durable enough but the colour is just that more rich. My inspiration was the lid of a Tiger Balm jar as it worked with the M colour stone so nicely. It's a beautifully weighty ring using all the gold I had lying around doing nothing.

Very happy. Still haven't told hubby who will find it difficult to believe this project cost under $4500

IMG_3637.JPG IMG_3632.JPG

IMG_3633.JPG IMG_3635.JPG IMG_3636.JPG IMG_3640.JPG IMG_3639.JPG IMG_3638.JPG

Sibsgirl

Shiny_Rock
Oh, how beautiful! I love nice wide bands with a presence you can feel, and that gold is so rich. What a perfect ring.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful & pretty, whilst looking durable & elegant! The 20k yellow gold was inspired - it looks perfect!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! Amazing ring!!! Congrats! Is that your wedding band in the background of one pic?

M

Marriedbuteloped

I love the clean and yet substantial look. Amazing!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Magnificent - I *love* this ring!!

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
absolutely gorgeous!!!!!

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! I'm working on a similar project and I hope my results are as good as yours. Enjoy.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous!

cheers--Sharon

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous, rich and stunning on your hand! Well done.

Slickk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! Bezels are my jam and this is perfection! I also love a more substantial piece! The color of the stone and metal are so complimentary. Beautiful. Enjoy it!!

Redwoods-hiker-girl

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning! The tone of the 20K gold is just perfect. And now I'm going to go find my little jar of Tiger Balm and hold it next to my M-color diamond.... :kiss2:

maita13

Brilliant_Rock
Stunning!! I just adore warm stones :kiss2:...elegant and unique design, too!!
Congrats!!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! :love: Love it so much. Wear in health and blingy happiness.

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, how beautiful! I love nice wide bands with a presence you can feel, and that gold is so rich. What a perfect ring.

Thank you very much. I wondered about the wider band but it does feel good wearing it. Solid :D

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Just beautiful & pretty, whilst looking durable & elegant! The 20k yellow gold was inspired - it looks perfect!

Thank you! I think that was my concern about using so much gold - that it would look too chunky and masculine but my jeweller and his partner nailed it. Yes, they also got the 20K right :)

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! Amazing ring!!! Congrats! Is that your wedding band in the background of one pic?

Thank you! Ha ha - yes. I took it off as it doesn't quite work well as a set and I take better photos with my right hand. This ring will mainly be a RHR :)

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! Bezels are my jam and this is perfection! I also love a more substantial piece! The color of the stone and metal are so complimentary. Beautiful. Enjoy it!!

Thank you! I did nearly consider a compass prong setting but there's something about bezels!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Absolutely stunning! The tone of the 20K gold is just perfect. And now I'm going to go find my little jar of Tiger Balm and hold it next to my M-color diamond.... :kiss2:

Oh thank you! I just happened to have a jar nearby when my stone arrived and wanted to sit it against something gold and whaddya know? Do you have plans for your M?

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone! This is pretty much my 'forever ring' unless I win the lottery but I'm quite attached to the stone so it'll be worn with joy regardless of any future upgrades :D

HNGN

Shiny_Rock
a very unique setting :lol: nice

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow that is one statement ring.. the gold is perfect with the stone.. I love it!

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous!!! LOVE everything about this one!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, clean and classy! I love the architectural feel and the bold, rich gold! It's the perfect home for your beautiful stone!

monipod

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, clean and classy! I love the architectural feel and the bold, rich gold! It's the perfect home for your beautiful stone!

Thanks so much! I think you nailed it with 'architectural' It's a monument of a ring.

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
I love it. I have never considered 20k but wow what a perfect compliment to the stone. And my what a stone it is !

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice! I like the modern look...it looks like the stone grew in size!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results