shape
carat
color
clarity

Comparison of my Canera and Diamonds by Lauren settings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1328903737|3123426 said:
[quote="Dreamer_D|1328903462|3123419]
Hmmm. I am thinking of another "he". Regardless, you are right, there are lots of posts with back and forth between consumers and vendors. We haven't seen it in a while, I guess. This case seemed odd more for DBLs participation perhaps, than for VCs. Usually a vendor with a happy client just says "We are happy you are happy!" and leaves it at that.

Yes, that is true, vendors of course have a right to respond! And we do learn things. Often it seems we learn things the vendors don't intend ;)) Sometimes I think Leon has things right in this regard :lol: Let the consumers duke it out. BGD have been absent from the boards for a long time, I think they are in the Leon camp now. haha

I agree. He gets some eye rolling from me from time to time, but IMHO, he handles it the right way in terms of not getting himself into any inadvertent drama. Advertise here, but just let his work speak for itself and let the customer vent if they want. In all the years I've seen crap threads about him, it doesn't seem to impact that much his level of business! The guy's focusing on creating jewelry, not his reputation, and I gotta like that! No buddy buddy for him![/quote][/quote]

If I ever start hand forging stunning peices of jewelery, I will take a page out of Leon book.

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
David, from what I can tell, just enjoys being right. That doesn't annoy me at all when I agree with him. When I don't, then it does because I like being right too, hehehehe. :cheeky:

From being here over the years, I don't always agree with our vendors, but I always appreciate that they stick around (to get business, contribute information, annoy us, or whatever!) because PS wouldn't be the same without them. ::)

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dreamer_D|1328904343|3123436 said:
TravelingGal|1328903737|3123426 said:
[quote="Dreamer_D|1328903462|3123419]
Hmmm. I am thinking of another "he". Regardless, you are right, there are lots of posts with back and forth between consumers and vendors. We haven't seen it in a while, I guess. This case seemed odd more for DBLs participation perhaps, than for VCs. Usually a vendor with a happy client just says "We are happy you are happy!" and leaves it at that.

Yes, that is true, vendors of course have a right to respond! And we do learn things. Often it seems we learn things the vendors don't intend ;)) Sometimes I think Leon has things right in this regard :lol: Let the consumers duke it out. BGD have been absent from the boards for a long time, I think they are in the Leon camp now. haha

I agree. He gets some eye rolling from me from time to time, but IMHO, he handles it the right way in terms of not getting himself into any inadvertent drama. Advertise here, but just let his work speak for itself and let the customer vent if they want. In all the years I've seen crap threads about him, it doesn't seem to impact that much his level of business! The guy's focusing on creating jewelry, not his reputation, and I gotta like that! No buddy buddy for him!
[/quote]

If I ever start hand forging stunning peices of jewelery, I will take a page out of Leon book.[/quote][/quote][/quote]

Ha, I'm telling you - I'm more inclined to go with Leon STILL! Because if he ever pisses me off, I can vent here to my heart's content and I will never be rebutted by him - I will always be right! :bigsmile:

Let me know when you open your etsy shop Dreamer! You should buy old cuts, cheap but pretty settings and resell!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
To quickly respond to a couple of questions/comments -
crown - yes, both were experimental projects.
Anne - no need to duck, I respect your opinion as well, I would have posted more photos at MC's request but I just don't have any more of it brand new that are clear I'm afraid. I think you may be mistaken about one thing though - my WF is a totally different threestone design, of which there were two iterations (both with WF with CAD).
Galateia - as I said earlier I'm certain that VC will have well-deserved customers looking for his pave. I'm also certain that DBL will have well-deserved customers looking for their metalwork.
Dreamer - Burdeen's (the jeweller who made Haven's OMB) turned down my project. And you'd make a killing from PSers on etsy with those stone finds ;))

I am going to request that this thread be locked. I really appreciate all the feedback from all viewpoints, and it seems that everyone involved has had a chance to share their perceptions, and there has been some productive discussion with lots of good points brought up. I'm just catching up now and I admit, after reading someone call my engagement ring called a distorted jumble of wire I'm quite finished with hosting this thread. But, a huge thank you, again, to everyone who participated - there is lots to think about and I appreciate all the input!

Edited*

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
*request submitted, can't edit.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I believe I commented once in this thread. Judging only by what I saw in Yssie's recent macro comparison photos, I was more impressed with the work that DBL did (although I do love VC's ring, too). I have read many positive threads about VC's work, and I love the rings other PSers have asked him to make. I can see both sides to this issue between VC and Yssie, and because I felt that I couldn't add much more to the conversation, I have stayed quiet since my initial post.

I've only had one ring made so I don't have the experience that others do. I didn't get involved in the process at all when WF made my ring. I told them what I wanted and I trusted them to do a great job, which they did. I don't think Yssie would have handled it that way. It's not a bad thing to want to be very involved, but I can see how a sticky situation can arise if things don't work out well.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Zoe, thank you as well. And no, I haven't ever been hands-off with my interactions with WF either - though I've always been very happy with the results and I can't wait to see the CADs for my mum's ring :bigsmile:

I didn't realise the mods hadn't locked this thread yet - I've requested that they do so, and I'd appreciate it if further comments are withheld until they get around to it. I'm guessing you just haven't made it all the way to the end of my last post yet ::)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila619|1328897217|3123311 said:
Dreamer_D|1328889100|3123189 said:
I have never before seen a PS thread where a consumer posts their experiences and then the vendors involved return repeatedly to post answers, give their side of things, gloat, and blame.

I have. I remember when a popular certain vendor used to reply to complaints or issues on the board all the time.

I have too. I think it happens a lot, actually. Usually at some point during the conversation, someone recommends taking it off-line and handling things privately.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
bright ice|1328893551|3123255 said:
TristanC|1328893410|3123251 said:
Umm, am i the only one that thinks that Yssie's ring from VC looks gorgeous? I mean I had to go look... this was the guy I was getting to design my ring (and it was a multi-stone ring to boot).

A real pity that it wasn't what Yssie wanted (every PSer has the right to have her utterly perfect piece!), but I kept looking at it, and I still think it looks very nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyA5iHhUhs8

Agree

Yup. I think that the VC ring still looks fantastic. They are both beautiful. Yes DBL's joints are connected in a more seamless manner than VC's under 30x-ish mag among other things. But I just *like* the VC ring better visually. It's not my ring though so it doesn't really matter.

CaprineSun

Brilliant_Rock
Mara|1328920694|3123643 said:
bright ice|1328893551|3123255 said:
TristanC|1328893410|3123251 said:
Umm, am i the only one that thinks that Yssie's ring from VC looks gorgeous? I mean I had to go look... this was the guy I was getting to design my ring (and it was a multi-stone ring to boot).

A real pity that it wasn't what Yssie wanted (every PSer has the right to have her utterly perfect piece!), but I kept looking at it, and I still think it looks very nice...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IyA5iHhUhs8

Agree

Yup. I think that the VC ring still looks fantastic. They are both beautiful. Yes DBL's joints are connected in a more seamless manner than VC's under 30x-ish mag among other things. But I just *like* the VC ring better visually. It's not my ring though so it doesn't really matter.

I do as well. My heart flutters every time I see the VC ring! :love: That ring almost sings to me. LOL.

ETA: Oops, just saw Yssie's request not to post further.

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
I've just been skimming the last few pages but I have to ditto Mara here. Visually I like VCs better. And most of the time I'll be looking at my ring from 12-18inches away, so the super duper triple magnified view doesn't bother me nearly as much.

Whoops! I also didn't see the request not to post. Sorry. :o

Xanthoria

Rough_Rock
decodelighted|1328893758|3123259 said:
Contrarily -- I, like Victor Canera, (and countless silent PSers I'm sure) DO think this thread has developed into a kind of GOTCHA situation where Yssie's venting her frustration about UNSAID assumptions about "a ring of that price" -- i.e. -- finished INTERIOR areas etc. And comparing them to the results of a vendor who she specifically TOLD to finish the interior areas.

Agree 100%. No matter how sweetly it appears to be written on the surface the fact is a PSer has publically and, given what she and the vendor have told us about their interations, unfairly denigrated the work of a professional. I can't believe how politely he responded - he could have sued (it has happened before - believe me.) :nono:

Now you want to lock the thread and make it all go away? Goodness.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
what is an experimental project? thanks!

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Xanthoria|1328924263|3123694 said:
decodelighted|1328893758|3123259 said:
Contrarily -- I, like Victor Canera, (and countless silent PSers I'm sure) DO think this thread has developed into a kind of GOTCHA situation where Yssie's venting her frustration about UNSAID assumptions about "a ring of that price" -- i.e. -- finished INTERIOR areas etc. And comparing them to the results of a vendor who she specifically TOLD to finish the interior areas.

Agree 100%. No matter how sweetly it appears to be written on the surface the fact is a PSer has publically and, given what she and the vendor have told us about their interations, unfairly denigrated the work of a professional. I can't believe how politely he responded - he could have sued (it has happened before - believe me.) :nono:

Now you want to lock the thread and make it all go away? Goodness.

She doesn't want to DELETE the thread, she wants to LOCK it. It will live on to be searchable.

However, I don't like to be micromanaged about whether or not I post, so I'm glad I had an excuse to make one more. :cheeky:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yssie, you know you're going to get different opinions--it's PS after all! If we locked threads every time someone disagreed, we'd have no more threads. ;)) :halo:

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
TravelingGal|1328924734|3123699 said:
I don't like to be micromanaged about whether or not I post, so I'm glad I had an excuse to make one more. :cheeky:
Especially if you're not getting paid handsomely for the privilege of being micromanaged! I'll stop posting for 5K -- any takers?

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
decodelighted|1328932342|3123790 said:
Especially if you're not getting paid handsomely for the privilege of being micromanaged! I'll stop posting for 5K -- any takers?

Why such a modest sum? Do you perhaps have a crack in your pavilion ;))

Ella

Brilliant_Rock
Staff member
Premium
This thread has been locked at the request of the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results