clarity

Compare Your Wedding Dress With That Of The Royals

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
BUMP!:mrgreen2:

LinSF

Brilliant_Rock
I can't believe I've missed this thread. I'm surprised so many of you ladies have photos from previous marriages!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a beauriful thread
every single bride is beaitiful
im more into flowers than dressss and Princess Diana had the ultimate flowers of which i measure all others
im not quite through all the pages yet
i adore the photos back in the day
i think weddding dresses have become way over priced and now brides have two dresses
if i spent that kind of money id be wearing it the entire day !
but what would i know
we are not married
his first wedding was of the shot gun variety and she had blue bridesmaids with very droopy early 1970s straw hats on but its cute and they were so young

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Two of my friends, one from Uni and one from school got married at Curzon Hall, I think it was one of "the places" in Sydney to get married back then.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
what a beauriful thread
every single bride is beaitiful
im more into flowers than dressss and Princess Diana had the ultimate flowers of which i measure all others
im not quite through all the pages yet
i adore the photos back in the day
i think weddding dresses have become way over priced and now brides have two dresses
if i spent that kind of money id be wearing it the entire day !
but what would i know
we are not married
his first wedding was of the shot gun variety and she had blue bridesmaids with very droopy early 1970s straw hats on but its cute and they were so young

If it makes you feel better there are still some wedding dresses that are cheaper. Just have to go out and find them. Mine was 100! It only came out closer to 500 total because I had to hem it like crazy because I'm short and add in a new corset back because it just barely didn't fit. It zipped like 3/4 up my back and stopped. I could've probably had another dress for 100 that only needed hemming but I didn't like how they looked. Like my jewellery my dress was very simple. Just a mermaid type sheath and a wrap.

It also depends on the type of wedding. I was a bride with 2 dresses but my second was like 60 bucks from Jc pennies and I didn't want to wear the wedding dress the whole time. I only had that sucker because my husband and father wanted the wedding experience with suits and me in a long dress. So I allowed it and then changed into my reception dress which was much more me when I do bother to dress up. And I think it was also a white sheath with a knee length hem and a cute gold zipper and buckle. And it fit without messing with it :D

Ps! I love all the new pictures! I love when this thread gets updated!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b Two of my friends, one from Uni and one from school got married at Curzon Hall, I think it was one of "the places" in Sydney to get married back then.

It was really gorgeous, @arkieb1. I remember flags flying from turrets and all that sort of thing - soaring ceilings and the MOST GORGEOUS Italian tessellated floors! You probably know it was originally a very ornate convent and a lot of the pieces in it came from Italy way back when, when the order first came to Australia. It was a fantasy setting.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was really gorgeous, @arkieb1. I remember flags flying from turrets and all that sort of thing - soaring ceilings and the MOST GORGEOUS Italian tessellated floors! You probably know it was originally a very ornate convent and a lot of the pieces in it came from Italy way back when, when the order first came to Australia. It was a fantasy setting.

My ex's brother and his wife got married there so I got to hear about it over and over :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Bonfire

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You made me LOL in your reply to me. Luckily I still have my head!

Haha! Yeah? Then prove it beautiful bride, because you all looked decapitated Lol!
It is a fun thread!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haha! Yeah? Then prove it beautiful bride, because you all looked decapitated Lol!

Luckily no one wants to see me!:tongue:

But I'd love to see any new brides and their wedding attire! Heads or no! So bump!

NicoleNeedsHelp

Brilliant_Rock
Greatest thread ever! My evening plans will be going through all of these lovely photos! Let’s add more!

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I'll have to see if I can find what few pics I have of my three day planned*MIL insistent* nuptials.
I wore a $60.00 lilac prom dress I found the day before at JcPenney or Macy's. It had itchy tulle under-skirting.:twisted2:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll have to see if I can find what few pics I have of my three day planned*MIL insistent* nuptials.
I wore a $60.00 lilac prom dress I found the day before at JcPenney or Macy's. It had itchy tulle under-skirting.:twisted2:

Hurry! :)

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How can anyone let the "tail" (if that's what it's called) of a several-thousand-dollar white dress drag behind them on a floor, or worse, on the ground/dirt outside?

The pics I see of this in this thread make me cringe.

maryjane04

Brilliant_Rock
How can anyone let the "tail" (if that's what it's called) of a several-thousand-dollar white dress drag behind them on a floor, or worse, on the ground/dirt outside?

You are so right! The "tail" or train gets filthy. This was my "tail" hahaha and by the end of the night it was so black underneath, you would have thought I'd walked through a pile of mud.

Luckily my dress was only $500 AUD. I considered tossing it in the garbage but lucky I found a dry cleaning place for $120 euros that cleaned both my wedding and reception dress and my veil. Now it's collecting dust in my cupboard.

wed1.PNG

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
Finally posting mine. My dress was super traditional ‘90s off shoulder ball gown in raw silk. It was purchased the week after dh proposed in ‘98! As soon as I bought it I had second thoughts because we were getting married in 2000, with a long engagement. By the time 2000 came around, strapless dresses were the trend and I wanted to alter mine into a strapless dress. However a couple months before we were married, my MIL fell ill, and there was little to no time to worry about something as unimportant as my dress being dated. Anyway, we got married in a very traditional church so I think my traditional dress matched the surroundings. It was also a total bargain at $200 USD. I got it at a boutique that was about to shut down! No regrets :) 7711EEB1-BA48-4358-B98F-A81604CF5970.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is a nice thread. Cringe off.:Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results