shape
carat
color
clarity

Compare Your Wedding Dress With That Of The Royals

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww this thread is amazing!!! Absolutely love everyone's beautiful photos and what a blast from the past some are!!

@tyty333 @alpha238 you guys have barely changed!!

And where is your pic? Did I miss it???

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
first wedding.jpg

Here I am in all my glory 5/31/75 22 years old Ha!!!! my ex husband was very tall, I have spike heels on (as I didn't bother to get the dang dress shortened hahaha! lazy). the hat I hated but my mom made me wear, old photo, but it was a white dotted swiss, carrying white roses, with my SHAG haircut, bitchin cool I must say.. I wanted to wear flowers in my hair but mom said NO. BTW my dress with tax cost 84.00$ and I bought it at Read's Department Store Bridal Department in Danbury Ct and the hat was 20.00$ at some bridal shop on Main Street in Danbury, CT. Total cost plus shoes: about 135.00$ :)

ETA: if you look way back my sister is there with FLOWERs in her hair and a yellow dress, she was my matron of honor.

Last edited:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
meanddaddytomcake.jpg

The above pix and my dad and I doing the father daughter dance and me and the ex cutting the cake.. Had my reception on an Italian restaurant, very very 1975 ish!

EVERY dress and woman (and hubster if pixed) is beautiful, everyone whether it was 1st ++ looks happy, all a class of of wonderful, beautiful women.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
And where is your pic? Did I miss it???

You didn't miss it bc I hadn't posted yet!! :P2 We got married in Jan 2014 in Puerto Rico. I absolutely love everything lace and romantic plus we're Hispanic so I wanted a mantilla instead of a regular veil. My mom wanted me to wear taffeta (!!!!!)....I was like oh hell no! We had about 80 people and an absolutely amazing time! All of our wedding pics are on our computer so these are just a few on my iPad but the resolution isn't great.
IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0151.JPG
    IMG_0151.JPG
    76.6 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0029.JPG
    IMG_0029.JPG
    78.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

alpha238

Shiny_Rock
You didn't miss it bc I hadn't posted yet!! :P2 We got married in Jan 2014 in Puerto Rico. I absolutely love everything lace and romantic plus we're Hispanic so I wanted a mantilla instead of a regular veil. My mom wanted me to wear taffeta (!!!!!)....I was like oh hell no! We had about 80 people and an absolutely amazing time! All of our wedding pics are on our computer so these are just a few on my iPad but the resolution isn't great.
IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

You made such a beautiful bride! Love the train on your dress.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
first wedding.jpg

Here I am in all my glory 5/31/75 22 years old Ha!!!! my ex husband was very tall, I have spike heels on (as I didn't bother to get the dang dress shortened hahaha! lazy). the hat I hated but my mom made me wear, old photo, but it was a white dotted swiss, carrying white roses, with my SHAG haircut, bitchin cool I must say.. I wanted to wear flowers in my hair but mom said NO. BTW my dress with tax cost 84.00$ and I bought it at Read's Department Store Bridal Department in Danbury Ct and the hat was 20.00$ at some bridal shop on Main Street in Danbury, CT. Total cost plus shoes: about 135.00$ :)

ETA: if you look way back my sister is there with FLOWERs in her hair and a yellow dress, she was my matron of honor.

Hi, Kate-

I didn't remember you had lived in Connecticut! I associated you with Tezas and Maine. Did you grow up here? Did you ever live in Texas? At any rate, I remember Read's from Fairfield, Connecticut!

My maid of honor also wore yellow of a similar color to what your sister wore. I asked her to wear yellow; she picked her own dress as she was in California; and hers was the only pretty bridesmaid 's dress in the wedding party because we had to throw everything together so quickly and try to fit people!

I am sorry you couldn't wear flowers in your hair. That would have been beautiful. Your gown is lovely, however, and I always had a great fondness for shag haircuts. I cannot see your face well, but I think you look simply splendid beside you very tall ex!!! I love your bouquet, too. It reminds me of my own, which is one thing about my wedding that turned out perfectly!

PS-I love dotted swiss!

Hugs,
Deb :wavey:

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

Wow! Beautiful ac117! I love your dress/mantilla. That last picture of you is stunning!

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Deb! I was born in Mt Kisco NY, lived near the CT line all my life till off to the city for college. I lived in Austin from 1997-2014 and prior to that Raleigh from 90-97, lived in the Hudson Valley for 15 years before that working for IBM and Scenic Hudson, fun, good, happy life with ups and downs!

You remember Read's? I gotta tell you this funny little story about my wedding dress; I went to try on and pick up my dress and I get to Read's and lo and behold Eddie Albert is in the bridal shop having his picture taken (photo shoot) for something, me - I was pissed as I was on a time schedule! He was pleasant and swear to God he looked plastic! makeup and perfect white hair, honestly he scared me a bit, he looked like a cadaver to my 22 year old mind! tried my dress on, it was tooo long and went and bought the highest heels I could find at Read's and off I went...

I think all the Read's were bought by Hess and God knows what they are today!

:) Kate

Hi, Kate-

I didn't remember you had lived in Connecticut! I associated you with Tezas and Maine. Did you grow up here? Did you ever live in Texas? At any rate, I remember Read's from Fairfield, Connecticut!

My maid of honor also wore yellow of a similar color to what your sister wore. I asked her to wear yellow; she picked her own dress as she was in California; and hers was the only pretty bridesmaid 's dress in the wedding party because we had to throw everything together so quickly and try to fit people!

I am sorry you couldn't wear flowers in your hair. That would have been beautiful. Your gown is lovely, however, and I always had a great fondness for shag haircuts. I cannot see your face well, but I think you look simply splendid beside you very tall ex!!! I love your bouquet, too. It reminds me of my own, which is one thing about my wedding that turned out perfectly!

PS-I love dotted swiss!

Hugs,

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I am sorry that we cannot see it better in the photo. Is it still undamaged in reality?

I believe so, but it has been packed away and stored in the loft/attic. I haven't seen it in person since I was about 15.

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I, too, am curious to see close ups & more photos of other details from everyone’s special day: rings (guys, too!), cake, flowers, etc. This thread is FAB-U-lous!

As you asked, I have some on facebook. They will be smaller than the other ones which i took off my disc. Facebook's image size wasn't very big in 2007. I planned pretty much everything myself.

A photo I took of my venue a few years later, not on the day of the wedding.
25403_364463623434_1409369_n.jpg

25403_364463623434_1409369_n.jpg

His suit (part of it)
205631_5115693434_4943_n.jpg

205631_5115693434_4943_n.jpg

My flowers
205043_5115508434_4534_n.jpg

205043_5115508434_4534_n.jpg

I won't post a pic of the groom, because he's my ex...

Rings were just plain platinum bands, we wore the same size.
217150_5115638434_1562_n.jpg

217150_5115638434_1562_n.jpg

Last edited:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
oh no, they didn't work. Let me fix them!

My car was a 1927 Sunbeam (made in Wolverhampton UK, near to my home town)
207395_5115498434_4033_n.jpg

207395_5115498434_4033_n.jpg

Being picked up - pooping my pants!
206859_4766603434_4053_n.jpg

206859_4766603434_4053_n.jpg

the cake was nothing special! I can't find a photo without my ex in it.

Last edited:

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I don't know how to remove the broken links, they aren't showing in the edit screen. :confused:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Don't be sorry. That was one incredible wedding, msop! It was a true idyll. You are a beauty.

Hugs,

Thanks, Deb! It was a great time!

ohsomethingshiny

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Married on 10/10/10 on the beach with 15 family and friends present.

Fun fact: His parents and my parents were both married on 10/10/64! So we wanted to continue the tradition. 3FF35074-7327-4EBE-9CC7-A4CC43736A0D.jpeg

Last edited:

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG
So dreamy!!!!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

Beautiful pictures - beautiful bride!!

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We may be kindred spirits, KaeKae. I love that train, too!

Deb ;))

Kaekae and Deb, thank you! I loved that train as well. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to dig through my old photos to see if there is another one of the train. I went old school and got photos on film rather than digital.

Yimmers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
IMG_0630.jpg

IMG_0114.JPG

IMG_0098.JPG

I love your mantilla!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your mantilla and your bouquet is beautiful too.

Thank you!! They're peonies, which are one of my faves, mixed with roses :kiss2: expensive to get peonies in PR especially red ones in January but I wanted them badly so I got them for my bouquet only!

DiamondBaby

Shiny_Rock
The gown suits your coloring to a T, DiamondBaby. Just perfect. Lovely photos, no matter what you say about the conditions under which they were taken! What country are you in?

Hi Deb, thanks! We are in Ireland, so a December wedding is a risk, a dry day is a minor miracle at that time of year :lol:

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
EFA9BF7B-A286-44A3-A563-86F3384DBB39.jpeg 9CAEC5DA-EA1B-4CC5-A7AC-AF940C2933CE.jpeg
The top one is in front of the tree at Bellagio and the bottom one was right after the ceremony. We eloped on New Years Eve 1998, but waited until after midnight for tax purposes, so really Jan. 1, 1999 (by 15 minutes!). The $350 package at the Little Chaple of the West got us a minister, a witness, two “formal” photos, a video, and these horrible flowers. If I’d have known abt the flowers I would have stopped at the hotel gift shop and gotten some if m my own. We really wanted Elvis to marry us, but Elvis is apparently a very busy guy on NYE, so the Reverend Buddy Hicks did the honors. I had so much fun getting married in Vegas I just might do it that way every time! :cheeky:

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
and these horrible flowers. If I’d have known abt the flowers I would have stopped at the hotel gift shop and gotten some of my own

Dee, I gotta say, I didn't think flowers, and especially roses, could look that bad. :lol: But you on the other hand, looked lovely. ;)) (that guy wasn't bad either)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results