shape
carat
color
clarity

committment issues

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 8:12:45 PM
Author: kelley1975

Date: 9/27/2006 7:05:31 PM
Author: Cehrabehra

Date: 9/27/2006 3:01:07 PM
Hey!! **waving** I''m from Portland, too!! Well, actually Vancouver, WA (the ''couve
emteeth.gif
).
I lived there in the early 80''s! From birth to 21 when I got married I lived in CA except for four years I lived in vanc wa. Outside of hazel del. I would have gone to prarie high LOL you are ''close enough'' I declare it so! lol!!
I grew up in Hazel Dell--and currently live a mile or so away from Prairie HS. I''m so excited there are fellow diamond obsessed PS''ers near me!!
Me too!! We should meet at like lloyd center or something! BTW I went to pleasant valley for 4th - 7th grades LOL

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
That would be fun--I didn''t think I''d be able to participate in PS get-together,...but we have enough for a mini one!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WOW I''m so glad that you found a setting!!!!

Of course it has to be custom. No easy way out for you.

From your description I like it alot. Now I don''t want to upset you but the other setting you were planning with the Bags I saw today at TJ Max. So it''s unusual but catching on. This new one would be all you and all your stone.
9.gif

By the way finding a jeweler on the way to the ice cream store is classic.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 10:10:11 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

From your description I like it alot. Now I don''t want to upset you but the other setting you were planning with the Bags I saw today at TJ Max. So it''s unusual but catching on. This new one would be all you and all your stone.
9.gif

bahahaha yes this is my tj max setting ::snort::

I swear the other one i found today is very jaffesque but i cannot find it.... it had a double U prong from the face with a ''surprise'' diamond and 2mm of plain metal flanked on either side by diamonds set at an angle/ bevel.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 8:55:53 PM
That would be fun--I didn't think I'd be able to participate in PS get-together,...but we have enough for a mini one!
It would be sooooooo nice to have girls to giggle with over these purdy pebbles!!!

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 7:06:35 PM

Date: 9/27/2006 3:14:39 PM
Author: Christa

Date: 9/27/2006 3:03:20 PM
PBK= Pottery Barn Kids ??
Ohhhhh . . . I bet you're right! My kids are on the older side, so I never would have come up with that.

So glad to meet another Portlander, even though you're over the river in the Portland Annex.
9.gif
There are more of us than I thought . . . 4 and counting!
how old are your kids? Mine are 5, 7 and 12.
Mine are 8, 11 and 14. My 8-year-old "baby" is a boy and the older two are girls . . . I guess you could see that from my avatar. Are yours boys or girls or some of each?

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Hey Cehra, where are the pics of the setting you''re working on? I tried looking through your posts, but, well, there are a lot of them.
2.gif

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 12:23:27 AM

Date: 9/27/2006 3:14:39 PM

Date: 9/27/2006 3:03:20 PM
PBK= Pottery Barn Kids ??
Ohhhhh . . . I bet you're right! My kids are on the older side, so I never would have come up with that.

So glad to meet another Portlander, even though you're over the river in the Portland Annex.
9.gif
There are more of us than I thought . . . 4 and counting!
Mine are 8, 11 and 14. My 8-year-old 'baby' is a boy and the older two are girls . . . I guess you could see that from my avatar. Are yours boys or girls or some of each?
I thought i gave it away with the color coding? LOL The 5&7 are boys and 12 is a girl :) She's in 7th grade the boys are kinder and 2nd. I thought the avatar was all pics of you in different poses LOL I like it better now - wish I could see it full size though!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 12:31:19 AM
Hey Cehra, where are the pics of the setting you''re working on? I tried looking through your posts, but, well, there are a lot of them.
2.gif
:razz:~~~ yeah yeah... I don''t have one exactly... ugh....

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 1:20:27 AM

Date: 9/28/2006 12:23:27 AM

Mine are 8, 11 and 14. My 8-year-old 'baby' is a boy and the older two are girls . . . I guess you could see that from my avatar. Are yours boys or girls or some of each?
I thought i gave it away with the color coding? LOL The 5&7 are boys and 12 is a girl :) She's in 7th grade the boys are kinder and 2nd. I thought the avatar was all pics of you in different poses LOL I like it better now - wish I could see it full size though!

The full-sized pic of my avatar is posted in the long avatar thread from a couple of weeks ago (link below).

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/your-avatar-is-talking-to-me.50851/page-4

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock

Christa

Brilliant_Rock
Aw, thanks! I''ll take the cute/pretty/petite (thought petite is a stretch!), but I have to admit I didn''t do the editing. It''s by a photog friend of mine who loves to play with Photoshop. Not to be a commercial here, but seriously, if anyone in our area needs a wedding photographer she is incredible!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 2:05:04 AM
Aw, thanks! I''ll take the cute/pretty/petite (thought petite is a stretch!), but I have to admit I didn''t do the editing. It''s by a photog friend of mine who loves to play with Photoshop. Not to be a commercial here, but seriously, if anyone in our area needs a wedding photographer she is incredible!
lol I don''t even know anyone who''s gotten married in the last 5 years.... in fact I think the most newbie friend I have is 7 years or 8 years.... I have one friend who has been married a month longer than I and the rest are between 8 and 12. I''m 15.... oh the point is, haven''t *ever* been to a local wedding here LOL

sanfranciscoellen

Brilliant_Rock
I grew up in Beaverton, married my high school sweetheart who was from West Slope, but now live in CA. But it is fun to read your posts and remember my stomping grounds!

Good luck with your ring design! Your stone is gorgeous.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 2:39:28 AM
Author: wallermama
I grew up in Beaverton, married my high school sweetheart who was from West Slope, but now live in CA. But it is fun to read your posts and remember my stomping grounds!

Good luck with your ring design! Your stone is gorgeous.
I was born in SF and lived there until 5, lived in SD until I was 9, then in the san jose area from 13-21. I went to Leland LOL

devientdrow

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/26/2006 6:41:55 PM
omg I feel totally panicy today... totally questioning my stone again - ugh!! I found this brooch in my mom''s crap today and took it outside and was like WOW look at those flares!! ugh... of course it''s a round brooch with 18 graduated round czs with I think coating to make them really pop, but still... panic grips my heart - am I making a mistake? I try to console myself with, well even if it is like the emperor''s clothes and so far only you''ve seen the beauty in this ring and everyone else is going to think it''s an ugly dog, it''s still big right @@ but that''s not comforting... I honestly don''t know what I''m expecting. It''s ridiculous. Every time I''ve gone looking at stones, other diamonds, it''s done just *fine* in the same lighting etc. Two ex GIA graders were truly loving the stone, genuinely... and yes there is better out there but I cannot afford it, period, no matter how much $$ we ever have I will NEVER have a husband who will spend 60k on a ring - ever. ever ever ever. Period.

WTF is my problem? I STG I am gripped with such panic some moments that I just want to send this stone back and not even get another one, like the whole thing isn''t worth it and my plain gold band is truly all I need, which is true. It is all I NEED.

Cehera......you hit the nail on the head. You have someone who will never spent 60k on a ring EVER. Wasn''t yours around 10k? 15?. Well I have a husband who would NEVER spend that on a ring EVER. So your lucky! Someone once told me they are always happy because they never expect anything, so they are always pleasently surprised. It''s a hard way to look at things but it''s true. You are lucky to even be able to have such a gorgeous stone and a wonderful fiancee that wants to make this ring for you :) Don''t worry about what else you could of had, or what would be THE PERFECT all time ring for you. Just concentrate on what you do have, and what you think is the best setting for it now. No one can tell if for some reason in 10 years your tastes completly change. It most likely won''t. No one can tell if in 2 years a new style comes out that your head over heels for. Just worry about right now!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I did it! I made a committment LOL :)

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/27/2006 10:10:11 PM

9.gif

yes, and I''m just going to have to eat a lot of coco banana cabana in the next month or so because I''m having it made! Met the dh down there at lunch and stayed to go over a few more things... the head and prongs are still a little up in the air but she and I have a good understanding so we''ll see how it looks!!

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Good! I''m glad that your having the setting made at the jeweler near the ice cream store!!!!

Your info made the setting sound great. Now you have a cool story to tell about how you found the setting. That just makes the ring more of an heirloom. You know what I mean.
9.gif

I took your advice and went on a diet to shrink my ring finger, so you probably need to let your son eat the ice cream. Or your stone won''t look as big. And you don''t want me to be cranky all by myself???

I knew you''d keep the stone. It''s just too cool to let go.

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/28/2006 11:58:01 PM
Oh Good! I''m glad that your having the setting made at the jeweler near the ice cream store!!!!

Your info made the setting sound great. Now you have a cool story to tell about how you found the setting. That just makes the ring more of an heirloom. You know what I mean.
9.gif

I took your advice and went on a diet to shrink my ring finger, so you probably need to let your son eat the ice cream. Or your stone won''t look as big. And you don''t want me to be cranky all by myself???

I knew you''d keep the stone. It''s just too cool to let go.
lol :) I posted some pics on rocky!

I dunno though, it IS coldstone!!! omg, too funny - cold STONE heheharhar::guffaw::

The stone is too cool and once the day had passed I was totally at peace :) Thankfully I feel totally at peace with the setting - no doubts there!!! In fact the more I think about it and look at the pics the more convinced I am that this is it!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results