shape
carat
color
clarity

Colorless center stone with warmer side stones?

demolkozmicblues

Rough_Rock
We recently bought my engagement ring, a platinum bezel-set solitaire, .71 carats, VS1, D color. We are looking at matching wedding bands, and came across a channel-set half-eternity band with diamonds in the F-G color range. I am very color sensitive and really wanted a colorless diamond, though I was looking at color down to F (just happened to find the perfect diamond in D). Will the channel set diamonds in the band look noticeably warmer next to a colorless center stone if they are F/G? I can't see the band in person before purchasing.

simurgh

Rough_Rock
It will be fine. Small/melee size diamonds look whiter than larger ones of the same color - you mostly see sparkles instead of body color, and a channel set will only show you the tops of the diamond which tend to look whiter than the sides. If you're really looking for it, the only thing you may notice is a difference w medium or strong blue fluorescence in light with a high uv content, but that's just due to the fluor and not the body color.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's VERY safe. You won't see any difference. Smaller stones are very white in general (melee stones).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results