Rough_Rock
pic #3
took this one dark so you can see the colors in it

IMG1777.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Babyness,
Lovely ring. I like that the stone is set on it''s side.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
Freke - your ring is GORGEOUS!!!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mint beryl 4.5 carats. From a Nigerian deposit in 1992. The blue color at the top of the stone is my shirt's reflection.

TLmintgreenberyl.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FINALLY got a focused closeup of my 1.5 ct lavender spinel. It's included, but you can't see them unless you look super up close. The black spot in the corner is visible, but I love the lavender lilac color.

TLlavenderspinelinclusions.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here''s a precision cut lavender spinel 1.5 carats in a rose gold LOGR. This is a true lilac colored gem. This one is from Tanzania, and the above one is from Sri Lanka.

TLlavenderspinellogr2.JPG

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The lavender and rose gold is lovely!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that spinel is to die for!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Kribbie and MTG!!

Here's a 1.75 ct. Burmese pink spinel with no brown undertones. Picture taken in indirect sunlight. I put the Sri Lankan lavender spinel next to it for contrast.

TLspinelslavenderpink.JPG

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I love that pink spinel! It''s like a much bigger sis of my tiny hot pink spinel.

rms

Brilliant_Rock
This is my birthday present that I just received from my DH. It is a 3 ring set by Zé purchased from a local jeweler. 14K white gold with diamonds, green peridot, pink tourmaline, and blue iolite. Apologies that the iolite ring is not perfectly aligned to the others, the photo was taken by the jeweler. After much thought, I think I am going to have the rings soldered together with a very slight space between each of them.

ring_40th.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday RMS,
Very pretty rings!

Some people were asking for more pics of my lilac spinel

Indirect sunlight.

TLlilacspineloutside3.JPG

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE it TL!!! What a gorgeous shade of lilac

PinkTower

Brilliant_Rock
Freke, Your ring is absolutely beautiful.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Linda!

My 6 carat Portugues cut violet copper bearing tourmaline in indirect sunlight with my new digicam. I was told this stone would heat to neon blue, but I kept it as is. It has a GIT memo indicating the presence of copper.

TLvioletcuprian.JPG

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very nice colour - I can see why you've held back on getting it heated. Not to mention the risk of shattering!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Chrono!! It's probably one of my most coveted stones, not so much because it's vivid in color (it's not), but because it's such a rare color for a tourmaline, let alone a cuprian. I'm glad you ignored the gaping window!!

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
Wow TL that is quite a find. Beautiful stone! I am surprized that it ranks so high on your list though. On my moniter there seems to be a hint of gray in it. Which in my mind does not hurt at all. But having read so many posts where you have shown such a dislike for gray I am some what surprized. I do understand the rarity factor and the same could be said for aquamarine in the darker tones.

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
TL, please take my above post in the spirit it was given. No offense was meant. I feel as though we share a certain kinship in that we would like to hear honest opinions whether good or bad and appreciate that above the fluff.
I know that aliean spaceship is back.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 6:23:16 PM
Author: colormyworld
Wow TL that is quite a find. Beautiful stone! I am surprized that it ranks so high on your list though. On my moniter there seems to be a hint of gray in it. Which in my mind does not hurt at all. But having read so many posts where you have shown such a dislike for gray I am some what surprized. I do understand the rarity factor and the same could be said for aquamarine in the darker tones.
CMW,
I am aware of the grey in it. It ranks high on my list not so much because of the color, but because of the rarity of the color, just like deep blue aquas are rare, but they seem to still be grey. Even Richard Wise said on this forum, if you want a vivid blue aqua, forget about it, get a cuprian instead - LOL!! I have to find the quote somewhere, but it was memorable. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find stones with pure vivid saturation without greys and browns.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/8/2009 7:06:14 PM
TL, please take my above post in the spirit it was given. No offense was meant. I feel as though we share a certain kinship in that we would like to hear honest opinions whether good or bad and appreciate that above the fluff.
I know that aliean spaceship is back.
No offense taken at all. I LOVE honesty about my gems. I''m not sensitive to people''s remarks about my gems, and I post pictures not so much for compliments, but to show various species. It''s nice to hear good words, but honestly, if people don''t like something of mine, it''s very helpful to hear the truth. That''s why I''m so grateful for consumer forums like Pricescope.

Now leave me alone to cry in peace
emcry.gif
(just kidding!!).

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/8/2009 10:19:21 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Date: 7/8/2009 6:23:16 PM
CMW,
I am aware of the grey in it. It ranks high on my list not so much because of the color, but because of the rarity of the color, just like deep blue aquas are rare, but they seem to still be grey. Even Richard Wise said on this forum, if you want a vivid blue aqua, forget about it, get a cuprian instead - LOL!! I have to find the quote somewhere, but it was memorable. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to find stones with pure vivid saturation without greys and browns.
Does this mean you''d welcome a Santa Maria aqua?
31.gif

Ali

Shiny_Rock
Please minimize the comments. Pictures are the topic here. Thank you.

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, such beautiful colored eyecandy here!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Here is my only (so far, its not going to stay that way!) colored gemstone jewelry, first the ruby cab ring.....

rubycartier 001.jpg

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Heres with the earrings.......

cartierruby005.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
A pink and lavender spinel pendant :)
montage44.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a new purse, and my minty beryl matches it perfectly!! Looking forward to getting this set soon.

TLmintyberylandpurse.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results