Super_Ideal_Rock
My inherited antique pink tourmaline ring

Original thread

IMG_2725%20freke.jpg

IMG_2721%20freke.jpg

IMG_2712%20freke.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Hello - I''ve been following this coloured stone forum for ages, but being a relatively new and inexperienced coloured stone enthusiast, I haven''t really had anything of interest to contribute. Yesterday I decided to photograph my Tsavorite ring - what a production - I''m sure filming Ben Hur was have been easier! Anyway, this is it and yes, I should have cleaned it first. As you can see it''s a mans ring in a simple design, the Tsavorite is 5.46 carat and eye clean. It''s fantastically brilliant in person.

DSC02090_3.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/21/2008 9:35:23 PM
Author: klewis
Hello - I''ve been following this coloured stone forum for ages, but being a relatively new and inexperienced coloured stone enthusiast, I haven''t really had anything of interest to contribute. Yesterday I decided to photograph my Tsavorite ring - what a production - I''m sure filming Ben Hur was have been easier! Anyway, this is it and yes, I should have cleaned it first. As you can see it''s a mans ring in a simple design, the Tsavorite is 5.46 carat and eye clean. It''s fantastically brilliant in person.
That is wicked cool!!
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Matching Richard Homer blue topaz pendants, set by Wink. Posted by coldfusion Original Thread

bothtopaz.jpg

topazhomer1.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, everyone''s rings are just absolutely stunning!!

Here''s my 1.1 ct rubellite in an LOGR with upgraded diamonds.

rube_set.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One more!

rube_set2.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/21/2008 9:35:23 PM
We need more pictures of this ring!!!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2008 6:59:19 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Wow, everyone''s rings are just absolutely stunning!!

Here''s my 1.1 ct rubellite in an LOGR with upgraded diamonds.

TL... that is gorgeous! WOW, I have to peruse this thread more often. I have missed so many beautiful pieces!!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well thank you very much CCN! I love your sapphire ring as well. It''s so regal and gorgeous. Here''s a finger full of cuprian tourmalines. Not all the best cut stones, but I love the neon. This pic was taken in a very dim room at night.

cuprianrings.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Hello TL

This is the only other pic that I saved. The stone looks in need of a clean in this pic.

In July I bought a beautiful Spessartite from Richard Wise which is yet to be set into a ring, hopefully I will have that underway in January. I''ll post a pic of that stone.
I have so enjoyed this thread - being able to see all the jewels is quite fun.

Tsav DSC02084_2.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2008 12:42:41 AM
Author: tourmaline_lover
Well thank you very much CCN! I love your sapphire ring as well. It''s so regal and gorgeous. Here''s a finger full of cuprian tourmalines. Not all the best cut stones, but I love the neon. This pic was taken in a very dim room at night.
Wicked cool tourmaline_lover! Lovely green bling!

klewis - that ring really is cool!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
west aussie''s 2.16ct oval unheated ceylon sapphire engagement ring. Original Thread

frontview4u238q7598.JPG

closeuphandshot4323.JPG

sideview47328943.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/23/2008 3:14:22 AM
Hello TL

This is the only other pic that I saved. The stone looks in need of a clean in this pic.

In July I bought a beautiful Spessartite from Richard Wise which is yet to be set into a ring, hopefully I will have that underway in January. I''ll post a pic of that stone.
I have so enjoyed this thread - being able to see all the jewels is quite fun.
Wow, thanks for posting another pic, that''s an amazing ring. Can''t wait to see your new spess.

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
TL - My next project is a tourmaline.
This is the 5.63 carat spessartite that I bought from Richard Wise -

rwspessDSC02097.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Another

DSC02096.jpgrwspess.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
and the last - It has 90% pure orange hue.

rwspessDSC02102.jpg

buggysmama

Rough_Rock
Oooo, I LIKE that garnet ring!!

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
TL those tourmalines are so beautiful! You said you loved the neon - were you referring to one in particular? Do you have any red tourmalines? I was in Jaipur, India a year ago and asked a couple of people there- jewellers/dealers - to see some Paraiba Toumaline. EmbarrassingIy, I couldn''t even pronounce the word Paraiba correctly as I had only read it - what a give away! I was shown 2 lovely looking stones but I had no idea if what I was looking at was actually Paraiba or even tourmaline so I passed on that one.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Klewis,
I have a very neon round brilliant cut rubellite tourmaline I just set. I love neon stones in the sense that it can be any color, but a bright one without a grey, brown or yellow modifier. I don''t care for those modifiers except in colored diamonds where I give in, and very rare colored stones. Thanks for the kind words, you have some awesome stones as well.

Here''s a pic of my recently set mint Afghan tourmaline next to my neon rubellite.

tourmaline_logr_afghan22.jpg

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
TL - wow! especially the red. To be ''neon'' is it usually copper-bearing?

klewis

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, excuse me. I see now that if I had looked fully at this last page of this thread I would have seen the beautiful Rubellite

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/27/2008 3:05:40 PM
TL - wow! especially the red. To be ''neon'' is it usually copper-bearing?
It''s a fallacy that a stone has to be copper bearing to be neon. One of the most neon stones I''ve ever seen in my life was an Afghani tourmaline and it had no copper.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
TL-those are gorgeous!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results