shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Stone E-rings/Eyecandy

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Poshpepper and Love in Bloom I''ve already commented in your threads...but you have such excellent taste. The ring is stunning and the pendant is amazing.

yehudi -- That''s a wonderful ring. I love the color of the stone.
9.gif

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I have been watching a lot of the posts on PS but haven't posted anything on here since 2005! Anyhow, I found this great forum and thought I would post the beautiful promise ring my boyfriend, now my new husband
30.gif
, had given me. The ring on my middle finger belonged to my grandma...I don't know much about that one. I also have a diamond band above the blue topaz...it was just a fun purchase for me as it reminded me of my grandma's wedding ring. Here are the stats on the blue topaz ring:

Cushion Shaped, Sunburst Cut Blue Topaz
Topaz is surrounded by 24 Round Cut Yellow Sapphires
The shank of the ring houses 16 RB diamonds
The stones are set in white gold with yellow gold accents (allergic to direct contact with yellow gold)

The style of the ring- I have heard a lot of folks call it a halo when it's an engagement ring so I am not sure if that applies or not- is totally me. I love the old fashioned feel to it. I hope you enjoy it. I will post more pictures...I took quite a few today out in the sunlight
36.gif
. Enjoy!!

Terri

DSC00905.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Here is another shot...it''s a bit blurry but it shows how beautiful the blue of the topaz is.
30.gif

DSC00906.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Here is a profile of the ring. My only pet peeve is the "hooks" on either side...they catch my hair easily but they sure make the ring look pretty!

DSC00907.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Here is a side shot of the ring.

DSC00908.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Ok, last one...I don''t want to overwhelm everyone with too many pics! This is a hand shot. I would have been happy to have this as my engagement ring!
30.gif

DSC00910.jpg

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
ulualoha -- the blue topaz is stunning... very beautiful!!!!!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/23/2007 1:53:11 PM
Author: poshpepper
ulualoha -- the blue topaz is stunning... very beautiful!!!!!

Thanks Poshpepper....I think it is my most favorite ring I have ever owned, after my sentimental rings that my grandma gave me or my hubbie gave me. I really appreciate your sweet compliment!!!

gemnut

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/17/2007 4:10:51 AM
Author: amber800

Date: 8/5/2005 7:40:30 AM
Author: gemnut
My MONSTER 19 ct aquamarine ring with .06 cts diamond points. I LOVE this one, wear it all the time :)
Hi Gemnut
Such a fantastic Aqua ring but you realise that Aqua is a very rapid dust collector and so needs regular cleaning to keep its beauty, especially if you wear it regularly and want it to stun your friends
Amber800
35.gif
Hey Amber, thankx for the compliment and you are absolutely right. I''m sorry I took a pic of the ring without cleaning it, the truth is at the time I had no idea how to keep that monster clean. I have now tried various methods and I''m getting better at it
emsmile.gif

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ulualoha, you have a very pretty topaz ring. I wonder if a jeweler could finish filling in the hooks to make them solid so they wouldn''t catch on things for you? I clean my topaz jewelry in blitz cleaner and it works great; it doesn''t have amonia in it. I use it on my semi-precious stones that I don''t want to put in my US cleaner.

bugaboo

Shiny_Rock
OH YUMMY!!!!!!!!!! Those rings are gorgous!!!!

Here is mine!!!!!!!!!! (note, not very clean, I promise I will do it more often as advised by you great PS readers!!)

Pink sapphire emerald cut 2.7 ct, and 2 x princess cut diamonds, H VS.

myring1985.jpg

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/17/2007 6:34:08 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
Poshpepper and Love in Bloom I''ve already commented in your threads...but you have such excellent taste. The ring is stunning and the pendant is amazing.

yehudi -- That''s a wonderful ring. I love the color of the stone.
9.gif
Thanks again Stone Hunter. You are very sweet
2.gif
!

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Date: 8/26/2007 12:27:51 AM
Author: marcyc
Hi Ulualoha, you have a very pretty topaz ring. I wonder if a jeweler could finish filling in the hooks to make them solid so they wouldn''t catch on things for you? I clean my topaz jewelry in blitz cleaner and it works great; it doesn''t have amonia in it. I use it on my semi-precious stones that I don''t want to put in my US cleaner.

Thanks so much marcyc....I had not thought about asking a jeweler to fill in the hooks although I have to admit, looking at them, I find them pretty, until they catch my hair that is! That might not hurt for me to check into more though! Can you tell me where to find Blitz cleaner? I am still learning how to take care of my jewelry...I appreciate anything new I can learn! Thanks so much again for the sweet posting!

Hugs,
ulualoha

lightseeker

Rough_Rock
I posted this in "Show Me the Ring", but because it is a colored stone I thought that I would also post it here. Sapphire is 2.9 ct, ring size 6 1/4.

WBMcloseupshotF12B.jpg

ulualoha

Shiny_Rock
Oooooh Lightseeker, that is gorgeous! I am not normally a sapphire girl but I could really get to liking sapphires if they all looked like that!

hearinggal

Rough_Rock
Just Gorgeous !!! How large is the Tanzanite?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/28/2007 5:07:35 AM
Author: ulualoha

Date: 8/26/2007 12:27:51 AM
Author: marcyc

Thanks so much marcyc....I had not thought about asking a jeweler to fill in the hooks although I have to admit, looking at them, I find them pretty, until they catch my hair that is! That might not hurt for me to check into more though! Can you tell me where to find Blitz cleaner? I am still learning how to take care of my jewelry...I appreciate anything new I can learn! Thanks so much again for the sweet posting!

Hugs,
ulualoha
Sorry, Ulualoha I just found this. I get Blitz cleaner at Penneys. You can get it off their website too. I just do a search for Blitz Cleaner.

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
Hello all. I have yet to be engaged but I have come across a couple rings that I am very interested in. I found them on MyJewelrySource.com and I was wondering if anyone has heard good or bad things about them?

Also, if I''m not planning to get a diamond, is there any gemstone that is better than the other when it comes to hardness or clarity?

Here is the first ring...

It''s a 1ct Oval Natural Pink Sapphire (heated) with .42 ct Diamond

gr5149-pink-sapphire-ring-white-gold.jpg

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
here is the second...

.85ct Natural Pink Sapphire (heated) with .56ct Diamond

gr5561-pink-sapphire-ring.jpg

bubbly1126

Brilliant_Rock
and the last...

1.03 Natural Pink Sapphire - Ceylon (Unheated) with .53ct Diamond

What do you ladies think?

unheated_pink_sapphire_rings.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bubbly,
I'd suggest starting a new thread with all these pictures. This one is reserved for bling that PSers already own for others to oogle at. You'll also get more replies with your own thread. I'll post my comments there when I see it.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Bubbly,
I love those pinks! Gorgeous!!!
3.gif

Anastasia Jane

Rough_Rock
Here is my Tanzanite and diamond RHR,
Date: 6/2/2005 12:58:08 PM
Author:velouriaL
Leonid gave me permission to start a pinned thread that would allow people to show off their gorgeous colored stone eyecandy. In addition to being drool-worthy, I thought that it could be great resource for anyone interested in using a colored stone as an engagement ring.

I''m going to mine past threads for pictures and details to post, but please, post your own beauties (or ones that particularly stand out to you) here!
4.3 carat tanzanite, 3 baguettes on each side, platinum, Martin Flyer setting, size 7. The stone is really deep and the pictures don''t do the color justice. The setting sits a high 10mm (from finger to top of stone.)

Tanzanite Ring 017.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AJ,
The boulder of a Tanz has the colour of a sapphire. What a beauty.
30.gif

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
That is one gorgeous Tanzanite!!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
Your tanzanite is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

esmeralda

Rough_Rock
Found this ring online: Tiffany & Co. Pear Shape Emerald with Pear Shape Side Diamonds. The emerald is approximately .52ct with 2 pear shape diamonds approximately .24ct total wt. E-F color VVS-VS clarity. I absolutely love it!!!! Do you think it is worth $3,700.00?

TIFEMRNG1.jpg

cssuja

Shiny_Rock
I posted these in another thread. I thought I would post them in here as well.

This is my ruby (1.1ct) ring.

ruba.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results