shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock
I liked the huge colorless sapphire as well but am trying to limit loose stone purchases until I actually set the ones I have.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Paraiba colored yag from Andrew paired with two white spinels (natural). An asscher 3 stone dream ring!
20211124_104225.jpg

Oh my gosh I love it so much where did you source the spinels?

Kristen L

Rough_Rock
My 3 stones from Gary of Finewater Gems fame arrived a few days ago, a Sapphire, a YAG and a Ruby:

FW_Lab_Sapphire_YAG_Ruby.jpg FW_Lab_Sapphire_YAG_Ruby_02.jpg

DK :))

Did you ever set the blue lab sapphire? And do you have some more pics? I’m interested in the blue lab from Gary but am afraid the blue will be too dark. His photos are gorgeous though. I asked Gene if he had the same blue but he says his blues in stock are a bit different.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you ever set the blue lab sapphire? And do you have some more pics? I’m interested in the blue lab from Gary but am afraid the blue will be too dark. His photos are gorgeous though. I asked Gene if he had the same blue but he says his blues in stock are a bit different.

It will be a while before I get round to setting it.

Kristen L

Rough_Rock
It will be a while before I get round to setting it.

Thanks, I am off to start a thread on blue lab sapphires. Now that I have finally set my lab pad, I think getting a blue stone is next!

kb1gra

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, I am off to start a thread on blue lab sapphires. Now that I have finally set my lab pad, I think getting a blue stone is next!

Might ask Gene about his spinel material. I just got a square radiant from him that is a fabulous shade of cornflower blue. And super sparkly since it’s a spinel.

Kristen L

Rough_Rock
Might ask Gene about his spinel material. I just got a square radiant from him that is a fabulous shade of cornflower blue. And super sparkly since it’s a spinel.

Thank you, my sister got the electric cobalt spinel from Gene, it is lovely but I was looking for more of a blue pushing a bit purple.

Kristen L

Rough_Rock
I bought a hot pink lab sapphire like that from Gary too. I'd just caution you not to halo it or otherwise set it in a way that blocks out too much light. Mine is haloed and it lights up to be that color shown in your pics under certain conditions. But it looks a lot darker than that in most lighting conditions. I still like it but if I had it to do over again, I'd pick a different setting.

I am glad you mentioned that halos can darken a stone, something I never knew until frequenting this forum. I think Gene mentioned the same thing. I always assumed halos would light any stone up like an angel’s halo.

I just got side moissanites for my pad sapphire setting to make it a bit interesting. I’m off to get it set this weekend, I am excited to set the pad sapphire after a year. She took a backseat to my YAG. 05EB5F37-94F1-4BE0-9FFD-08E4E43ECE90.jpeg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screenshot_20220119-114816_Outlook.jpg

I finally got around to asking the lovely David Klass to set my lab sapphire. It's going into a hoomungus halo/cluster of .25ct ideal cut lab diamonds in 14k white and rose gold. So excited!

Sprinkles&Stones

Brilliant_Rock

I finally got around to asking the lovely David Klass to set my lab sapphire. It's going into a hoomungus halo/cluster of .25ct ideal cut lab diamonds in 14k white and rose gold. So excited!

EEEEE!!!!
This is gonna be gorgeous!

Where did you get the lab ideal cut diamonds?

I cannot wait!

FL_runner

Brilliant_Rock

Yay! So excited for you! I have a big lab ruby I’m considering setting in a chunky halo so I can’t wait to see yours!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
EEEEE!!!!
This is gonna be gorgeous!

Where did you get the lab ideal cut diamonds?

I cannot wait!

DK is sourcing them for me, he said they'll be G, VS ideals. So excited!

Yay! So excited for you! I have a big lab ruby I’m considering setting in a chunky halo so I can’t wait to see yours!

I'll defs post pics! I'm in Australia so it'll be a while, but I can't wait!

Thanks for sharing my excitement, ladies!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I just received this 4.3 ct. lab emerald (about 11.7 x 7.7mm). I found it listed on Loupetroop by a lovely lady who had bought it from someone who bought it from Precision Gems. So hopefully, the third time will be a charm. :)

It's more green in real life but still a little blue-ish and quite glow-y and pretty. I am very happy.

I'm thinking of a setting with a pair of trapezoid lab diamonds or moissanites and white gold, except for yellow gold around the emerald.

emerald2.jpg

emerald1.jpg emerald3.jpg

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Hell yes! This is going to be amazing! :kiss2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just received this 4.3 ct. lab emerald (about 11.7 x 7.7mm). I found it listed on Loupetroop by a lovely lady who had bought it from someone who bought it from Precision Gems. So hopefully, the third time will be a charm. :)

It's more green in real life but still a little blue-ish and quite glow-y and pretty. I am very happy.

I'm thinking of a setting with a pair of trapezoid lab diamonds or moissanites and white gold, except for yellow gold around the emerald.

emerald2.jpg

emerald1.jpg emerald3.jpg

That is one gorgeous emerald! :kiss2:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Couldn't resist this new blue green lab sapphire from Finewater. It just reminds me of summer. :) blue green2.jpeg
blue green.jpeg

Ugh such perfection! Lucky you but darn I'm looking for a perfect 10mm! Does Finewater cut custom labs?

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
My new 10mm greenish blue lab sapphire from Finewater is on top and my set lab stone rings are included below. They remind me of candy! Trying to decide which of the new ones to set first. Clearly, to round out my collection, now I need a yellow stone and a purple stone and... 8-)
candy1.jpg candy4.jpg

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
@seaurchin that color is fabulous! So you like it in hand? You tempted me so much that Gary is cutting one for me too :)
Please more pics!!!

Yes, I love it. I've been wanting a lab paraiba but am glad this popped up instead because sapphire is so hard. Here are a few more pics from my iphone. Are you getting a 10mm round too?

sapp1.jpg sapp2.jpg
Upside down, with a US dime for size reference.

sapp3.jpg
With another Finewater lab sapphire that's also 10mm.

sapp4.jpg
With a lab emerald.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Yes, I love it. I've been wanting a lab paraiba but am glad this popped up instead because sapphire is so hard. Here are a few more pics from my iphone. Are you getting a 10mm round too?

sapp1.jpg sapp2.jpg
Upside down, with a US dime for size reference.

sapp3.jpg
With another Finewater lab sapphire that's also 10mm.

sapp4.jpg
With a lab emerald.

Yes 10mm too... for a setting I have. Thanks for the pics...I love the color! Very paraiba!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a pretty stone but yes, more Windex blue. Are you going to keep it? (Sorry, I don't know the rules for returns on custom orders).

Last edited:

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
I think it's a pretty stone but yes, more Windex blue. Are you going to keep it? (Sorry, I don't know the rules for returns on custom orders).

Gary very kindly offered to look for some rough with a tad more green and will cut another one. He said it's hard to predict color outcome with the rough sometimes. He's going to let me pick once the 2nd is cut which I think is so nice of him.
This first one tempts me as my favorite gem is blue zircon, but I was trying to get something different :)
I love the color of yours!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gary very kindly offered to look for some rough with a tad more green and will cut another one. He said it's hard to predict color outcome with the rough sometimes. He's going to let me pick once the 2nd is cut which I think is so nice of him.
This first one tempts me as my favorite gem is blue zircon, but I was trying to get something different :)
I love the color of yours!

Instead of a Sapphire, would you consider Paraiba YAG?

This is the Paraiba YAG cushion that Gary cut for me last year or in 2020 (the other two are a blue Sapphire in Asscher cut and an EC Ruby, all lab stones from him):

FW_Lab_Sapphire_YAG_Ruby_02.jpg

Pic of the 3 stones when the sun disappeared behind clouds:

FW_Lab_Sapphire_YAG_Ruby.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results