shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Just received my lab emerald today! It’s pretty and a better color than the lab emerald I received from Starsgem earlier this year.:
IMG_6064.jpeg
IMG_6081.jpeg

Comparison between Precision Gem emerald vs Starsgem emerald:
IMG_6082.jpeg

I kinda wish I went a little bigger, but the 7mm is fine. I also think that while the color is nice, I do think the stone looks a little *too* perfect, if that makes sense. However, I’m still very happy with it and can’t wait to set it!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Just ordered this from Gary at Finewater Gems because (1) I feel sorry for myself today and (2) It is not breaking my new year's resolution to be more thrifty because the new year isn't here yet. :lol-2:

1704044593879.png

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Just ordered this from Gary at Finewater Gems because (1) I feel sorry for myself today and (2) It is not breaking my new year's resolution to be more thrifty because the new year isn't here yet. :lol-2:

1704044593879.png

Oooh this is lovely!!! Can't wait to see it when you get it :D

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock

1704044593879.png

Yummy! I was just looking at that one the other day!

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
I finally set my lab emerald I got a couple months ago. Setting is from Ivy and Rose. Initially I wasn’t pleased with their communication but they were able to come through and deliver!

IMG_6330.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_6334.jpeg
    IMG_6334.jpeg
    322.1 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_6336.jpeg
    IMG_6336.jpeg
    247.4 KB · Views: 24

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I finally set my lab emerald I got a couple months ago. Setting is from Ivy and Rose. Initially I wasn’t pleased with their communication but they were able to come through and deliver!

IMG_6330.jpeg

This is so beautiful!!!! It looks wonderful on you!! :D

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Wow! That's gorgeous, @sd_flp!

Thank you! I posted some more photos to show the setting itself.

IMG_6343.jpeg
IMG_6345.jpeg
IMG_6347.jpeg

It’s actually one of their stock settings but I needed to get it customized to fit my stone and my finger size. I was really happy I was able to work with Ivy and Rose and would probably try them again if the opportunity arises.

CHRISTY-DANIELLE

Ideal_Rock
Thank you! I posted some more photos to show the setting itself.

IMG_6343.jpeg
IMG_6345.jpeg
IMG_6347.jpeg

It’s actually one of their stock settings but I needed to get it customized to fit my stone and my finger size. I was really happy I was able to work with Ivy and Rose and would probably try them again if the opportunity arises.

I'm impressed! With both the stone and the setting!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock

1704044593879.png

Still waiting! My local post office seems to enjoy taunting me. A package (such as this one) will be listed as having arrived there, but then instead of it being "out for delivery" the following day as expected, they like to send it on a wild out-of-town tour first. :angryfire:

Jamal N Alyemni

Rough_Rock
Trade
Got myself a lab-created sapphire recently, and it's been turning heads like crazy. Excited to see what everyone else has snagged.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock

IMG_6330.jpeg

This is beautiful! Can you please share (maybe privately if you're more comfortable) why you weren't pleased with their communication? I have had a few mixed experiences with them going back like 12 years or so. Right now I'm annoyed.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Also can I say I wish I saw this thread sooner! I have been wanting to dabble in LG gems and am thrilled to start from the first page here now and see it all. :)

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
This is beautiful! Can you please share (maybe privately if you're more comfortable) why you weren't pleased with their communication? I have had a few mixed experiences with them going back like 12 years or so. Right now I'm annoyed.

Sure! Sorry to hear things aren’t going well for you with them…I shared this on another thread and subforum, but I’ll share here as well. I&R’s email communication had been mediocre and apparently it’s been like that for the last few years. I am sure you already know this. Originally I reached out to them several months ago about a setting for a different stone and they didn’t communicate with me until I reached out a week later to complain (and I got a reply within a few hours). I ended up going with another vendor.

I then reached out to them via their Etsy shop a few months later and after a couple days I got a reply. It was just a question about one of their stock settings; I planned to just buy it and then have my local jeweler resize it (since their lowest ring size is 4 and I’m a 3.5) and set my stone in it. However, they told me that their stock setting wouldn’t fit my stone and it would need to be custom made. At that point I had my lab emerald for over a month and I figured I liked the setting they had so I might as well try them. After I paid communication from that point on was good. I communicated with them through both Etsy and my two emails (my PayPal is linked to one email account but they still had my original email address when I first tried to email them). Turnaround time was reasonable and after I got my setting I was very happy. The setting fit my stone perfectly and also fit my 3.5 ring finger.

I don’t know if I’d work with them for a true custom piece (I’d rather work with my local jeweler or David Klass), but if it was for something they already make, like the setting I just bought or if it was for jewelry/loose stones they have in their store, I’d gladly buy from them again. Basically anything that requires the least amount of customer communication because I know they’re not too good at that.

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Sure! Sorry to hear things aren’t going well for you with them…I shared this on another thread and subforum, but I’ll share here as well. I&R’s email communication had been mediocre and apparently it’s been like that for the last few years. I am sure you already know this. Originally I reached out to them several months ago about a setting for a different stone and they didn’t communicate with me until I reached out a week later to complain (and I got a reply within a few hours). I ended up going with another vendor.

I then reached out to them via their Etsy shop a few months later and after a couple days I got a reply. It was just a question about one of their stock settings; I planned to just buy it and then have my local jeweler resize it (since their lowest ring size is 4 and I’m a 3.5) and set my stone in it. However, they told me that their stock setting wouldn’t fit my stone and it would need to be custom made. At that point I had my lab emerald for over a month and I figured I liked the setting they had so I might as well try them. After I paid communication from that point on was good. I communicated with them through both Etsy and my two emails (my PayPal is linked to one email account but they still had my original email address when I first tried to email them). Turnaround time was reasonable and after I got my setting I was very happy. The setting fit my stone perfectly and also fit my 3.5 ring finger.

I don’t know if I’d work with them for a true custom piece (I’d rather work with my local jeweler or David Klass), but if it was for something they already make, like the setting I just bought or if it was for jewelry/loose stones they have in their store, I’d gladly buy from them again. Basically anything that requires the least amount of customer communication because I know they’re not too good at that.

Got it, thanks. I have some I&R pieces from when they were MyDiamondZone on Ebay and no issues there. I reached out to them re: a custom order in 2021 and never heard back. Maybe again in 2022 I can't remember, and now for an emerald I bought. It has been at "Accepted - USPS expects item for mailing (SSK)" since 1/16 and had an expected delivery of 1/20 until 1/20 when it changed to no expected delivery. I filed a claim with the guidance of another PSer yesterday and emailed I&R I think Friday. I guess I am wondering what I am in for. :(2

PastryGirl

Shiny_Rock
Got it, thanks. I have some I&R pieces from when they were MyDiamondZone on Ebay and no issues there. I reached out to them re: a custom order in 2021 and never heard back. Maybe again in 2022 I can't remember, and now for an emerald I bought. It has been at "Accepted - USPS expects item for mailing (SSK)" since 1/16 and had an expected delivery of 1/20 until 1/20 when it changed to no expected delivery. I filed a claim with the guidance of another PSer yesterday and emailed I&R I think Friday. I guess I am wondering what I am in for. :(2

Well I called and spoke with a lovely young lady just now. I feel better about it, but not as good as I’ll feel when my package arrives! The issue seems to be with USPS. Thank you guys.

sd_flp

Brilliant_Rock
Well I called and spoke with a lovely young lady just now. I feel better about it, but not as good as I’ll feel when my package arrives! The issue seems to be with USPS. Thank you guys.

That's great, I'm glad you were able to talk with someone on the phone about your package! I'd be annoyed, too. I honestly don't know why their email communication is so bad because they update their socials ALL THE TIME, but I think it became like this after Sarah left the company. I am in a different time zone than they are and I don't want to feel like I need to call when all I have a basic question.

Crossing my fingers you get your emerald!!!

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
So I did a thing and I need necklace ideas. I have small gold hoops with sngle rubies in them, a gold bee pin with ruby eyes and a gold dome ring with a stripe of rubies and diamonds and now I would like to create a gold and white metal pendant, maybe with a halo because my engagement ring is platinum and my watch is stainless. . Below is a ring that is a bit like what I’m thinking envision it with my ruby inside. Ideas are welcome especially for the back and basket. I want it to be pretty if it flips and I do not really want a bale. Also suggestions about type of chain. IMG_9036.jpeg IMG_9035.jpeg

Bravissimo

Shiny_Rock
Still waiting! My local post office seems to enjoy taunting me. A package (such as this one) will be listed as having arrived there, but then instead of it being "out for delivery" the following day as expected, they like to send it on a wild out-of-town tour first. :angryfire:

Have you figured out a setting yet?
Clearly you did the right thing, swift and decisive action.
Damn!

Haha! I have spent weeks waffling and stalking red stones already set on First Dibs, etsy and the Real Real but nothing was rocking my world in my price range. The precision cut, color and price were a huge selling points for a synthetic.

I wish the lab stones werent stuck her in fashion jewelry. My hope is piece is going to be high jewelry-esque.

Is your spinel still with the PO? I cannot wait yo see it set.

Jopdrop

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Does anyone here have the pinkish red spinel from Gene? I'm very interested to see how that looks in real life.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results