shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
sorry for the fingerprint, but this is a finewater lab cobalt spinel, just for comparison :).

The colour is so vivid! What lighting is the photo taken in?

M

maru8888777

The colour is so vivid! What lighting is the photo taken in?

I'm inside, sitting under a light but not deliberately placing the spinel in any kind of lighting. It's seriously blue! I'll take more pics outside if you are curious!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
I'm inside, sitting under a light but not deliberately placing the spinel in any kind of lighting. It's seriously blue! I'll take more pics outside if you are curious!

Would definitely love to see how it play with different lightings:)

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
sorry for the fingerprint, but this is a finewater lab cobalt spinel, just for comparison :).

Thanks for posting this! As I suspected, completely different to the Precision Gem one. Both are beautiful, but not the same colour at all!

I've put an order in with Gary as I've been after a slightly darker blue =)2

M

maru8888777

Thanks for posting this! As I suspected, completely different to the Precision Gem one. Both are beautiful, but not the same colour at all!

I love both colors, but yes, this seems darker!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock

Is that pair of pear cut for you? Just curious ~

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
I'm envious of your pears!

Thank you! I've been ogling your round too :lol:
How are you going to set yours?
I really want to set mine into rose gold earrings, but please stop me if you think that would be crazy! Do you think it would go with rose? Or should I go with a white metal as the "safer" choice?

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Sorry!! It’s an emerald. The camera picks up more blue than there is in real life. Although it does change a lot depending on the light.

Such a gorgeous emerald. You make me want to get an asscher now!

How temperamental in photos are emeralds?! I cannot get cameras to stop adding blue that isn't there! It's the weirdest thing. I have both an emerald and a YAG. If I put them next to each other in a photo they will look almost identical, but to my eyes will look really different.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
Such a gorgeous emerald. You make me want to get an asscher now!

How temperamental in photos are emeralds?! I cannot get cameras to stop adding blue that isn't there! It's the weirdest thing. I have both an emerald and a YAG. If I put them next to each other in a photo they will look almost identical, but to my eyes will look really different.

I’m finding this stone very difficult to photograph. Sometimes it’s true sparking emerald green, sometimes a bit more blue and in low light has a glow. Personally I like the more blue look and should put it in a white metal but I fell in love with a yellow gold setting by CVB. This one but not doing the side stones. So I say if you want to do rose gold go for it! 528985BC-914A-4302-AEE3-1D41C9BC6147.jpeg 1D509BE8-25A6-4A2F-A316-3EEB2E660847.jpeg

M

maru8888777

Thank you! I've been ogling your round too :lol:
How are you going to set yours?
I really want to set mine into rose gold earrings, but please stop me if you think that would be crazy! Do you think it would go with rose? Or should I go with a white metal as the "safer" choice?

I don't think it's crazy at all! Yellow gold can bring out the blue in sapphires and the like, and I imagine something similar could happen with rose gold (and the tones can be different). If you have a rose gold ring, set the pears next to it so you can try out the color.

I want mine set into a pendant and I'm thinking of contacting Daniel M. I was thinking claw prongs and something simple and clean. What do you think?

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
I don't think it's crazy at all! Yellow gold can bring out the blue in sapphires and the like, and I imagine something similar could happen with rose gold (and the tones can be different). If you have a rose gold ring, set the pears next to it so you can try out the color.

I want mine set into a pendant and I'm thinking of contacting Daniel M. I was thinking claw prongs and something simple and clean. What do you think?

Definitely! Simple and clean is my jam. It lets the stone be the focus and can be worn if you're dressing either up or down :)

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
How do you like your pears??

Still don't have them :( It might be a while. I'm in Australia, so I'm used to waiting months for anything. Are you still holding onto your round or have you already sent it off for setting? Any chance of more pics in different light to tide me over!? :D

M

maru8888777

Still don't have them :( It might be a while. I'm in Australia, so I'm used to waiting months for anything. Are you still holding onto your round or have you already sent it off for setting? Any chance of more pics in different light to tide me over!? :D

Here we go! Indirect light and shade (outside). My hands are very, very dry! I'm now unsure about whether I want a ring instead of a pendant! tempImageNQgFVq.png tempImageR3PyWI.png tempImage8DVXhA.png tempImage5n5jbW.png

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
Here we go! Indirect light and shade (outside). My hands are very, very dry! I'm now unsure about whether I want a ring instead of a pendant! tempImageNQgFVq.png tempImageR3PyWI.png tempImage8DVXhA.png tempImage5n5jbW.png

No way!! :oops2::eek2: That colour looks amazing!!
Thanks for the pics, it was just the hit I needed.

That round in a pendant would be fantastic, but it's hard to go past rings since YOU get to enjoy looking at them.

As excited as I am about my earrings, I want to get a ring too!

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Okay is it just me or are some of the colors on these so vivid they all look photoshopped in NATURAL light omg :kiss2:

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock
I'm waiting on a lab Padparadscha I bought from Gene (Precision Gem), can't wait to share my hand shots here when I receive it!

In the meantime... I've a hankering for a NEON pink lab stone. Does anyone have any leads where I might be able to get one? :love:

emeraldhummingbird

Shiny_Rock
I'm waiting on a lab Padparadscha I bought from Gene (Precision Gem), can't wait to share my hand shots here when I receive it!

In the meantime... I've a hankering for a NEON pink lab stone. Does anyone have any leads where I might be able to get one? :love:

Well we can't wait to see your hand shots here when you receive it! :lol:

You should ask Gene as he does hot pink lab sapphires. Might as well just add it to your order?? Haha! :D

M

maru8888777

Gary at Finewater has had nice ones before!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock

You should ask Gene as he does hot pink lab sapphires. Might as well just add it to your order?? Haha! :D

That would be an interesting comparison between the two they offer!

And one more, quite nice one from Stag and finch.
32CD5A53-C117-4A00-B152-2D0918452C5B.jpeg

Last edited:

margauxmines

Shiny_Rock

I was thinking about it! But how "neon" do the hot pink lab sapphires get? I don't think I've come across a real-life photo of them yet on PS :((

It looks like I just missed out on this beauty :cry2: 1632841528686.png
That would be an interesting comparison between the two they offer!

And one more, quite nice one from Stag and finch.
32CD5A53-C117-4A00-B152-2D0918452C5B.jpeg
This is pretty! But it's a bit tame for my taste... I want something shockingly, assaultingly neon. :lol:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking about it! But how "neon" do the hot pink lab sapphires get? I don't think I've come across a real-life photo of them yet on PS :((

This is pretty! But it's a bit tame for my taste... I want something shockingly, assaultingly neon. :lol:

Gary at finewater cut the stones for my assaultingly neon 5 stone ring haha. I would reach out to him. He will custom cut for you!

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Looks like Gary has another bigger one with even more intense colour available, not sure if they’re of same material.

Double E

Brilliant_Rock
Gary at finewater cut the stones for my assaultingly neon 5 stone ring haha. I would reach out to him. He will custom cut for you!

That ring and stones are spectacular~!
Do you know if your little neon pink stone is of the same material with this?
4FCBEFD0-1390-4D12-A2D1-CC115A4F2293.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results