shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

I

Irving

110E8386-602A-4EC3-B4B8-34445309BED8.jpeg
I’m waiting to receive my lab alexandrite from Jeff White sometime this week.

Now I’m thinking maybe I should’ve gotten an asscher or octagon shape? Haha! Grass is always greener.

Haven’t decided on the setting? Maybe 2 half moons? Maybe a solitaire? Thoughts?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe I'm over here! So... Gene is cutting a lab emerald for me. It's the only way I can get one you can see with the naked eye. :lol:

I'm interested in a good size lab ruby or sapphire (8mm+). Would you recommend Better Than a Diamond or Stag and Finch? Or are they the same-ish?

Thanks!!!!!

You’re going to love that lab emerald. I have one from him and it’s freaking gorgeous! :mrgreen2:
I need to set it but I keep spending all my bling money on impulse buys. :confused2:

ETA. I have a cushion cut blue sapphire from Better than Diamond. It’s the perfect color. I’ve been wearing it for 10 years as an upgraded engagement ring. ;)2

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
0B7CD1B5-667B-4CA2-86EB-4FCFF6B2BC9E.jpeg 1CDCE6AA-1798-48C5-AC06-396B644BDCDE.jpeg 26E873A2-5F72-48E9-8E45-5D89340CB2D6.jpeg 7C2E6CA4-1069-4BF1-AA82-116E9FE1D44A.jpeg 0BB02987-0A2D-4711-A3F6-B29AA354C292.jpeg 1B765887-616E-4E9B-BD12-C5E2BCE26618.jpeg

This is my second lab created gem. It’s a purple sapphire from Precision Gem. 8mm, 3.98ct. It’s kind of color shifty. Some light is bright pink, almost magenta but I couldn’t seem to capture that in a photo. Other light it’s a lovely purple. It is a great size, very clear, and has a lot of sparkle!

I saw your post over in the CS forum and rushed my butt right over here so I could see this baby. You did not disappoint! It’s gorgeous! :love: I love the color. I love the shifts. I love everything about it.

Do you have any ideas on setting it?

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I saw your post over in the CS forum and rushed my butt right over here so I could see this baby. You did not disappoint! It’s gorgeous! :love: I love the color. I love the shifts. I love everything about it.

Do you have any ideas on setting it?

Hahaha I was so lucky to get it! It’s a very beautiful stone and I’m happy with it! I will set it into a ring eventually but as of right now I have noooo idea how I’d want it to look. Also, I have 3 other gems that I do know how I want set so they will get done first. Now if only I can get one of those stunning lab emeralds...... :mrgreen2:

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You’re going to love that lab emerald. I have one from him and it’s freaking gorgeous! :mrgreen2:
I need to set it but I keep spending all my bling money on impulse buys. :confused2:

ETA. I have a cushion cut blue sapphire from Better than Diamond. It’s the perfect color. I’ve been wearing it for 10 years as an upgraded engagement ring. ;)2
I have a blue lab sapphire from Gene on its way to me. I'll post pics when it arrives! :dance:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The step-cut lab emerald from Gene is simply phenomenal - I was blown away by its beauty - it was so amazing I could only peek at it and then quickly put it away because it seemed unbelievably gorgeous - when I looked again, it was still that amazing ... it is fantastically gemmy and glow-y, and Gene's step-cut showcases its perfectly. It has that Colombian/Muzo emerald color, in my eyes. I couldn't be more happy with this stone.

Here are some IRL pics:

Under LED lighting:
upload_2018-9-2_11-41-45.jpeg

Under LED lighting:
upload_2018-9-2_11-42-14.jpeg

Diffused daylight:
upload_2018-9-2_11-42-32.jpeg

Kitchen Halogen lighting:
upload_2018-9-2_11-43-29.jpeg

That's my Grail color of emerald. Do you mind sharing approx price per carat? I have no sense of cost for this, esp because precision cuts are involved, which of course makes it more valuable.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a blue lab sapphire from Gene on its way to me. I'll post pics when it arrives! :dance:

Yay! I can't wait to see it!

Love the new avatar pic btw. Those are some cute little furbabies!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's my Grail color of emerald. Do you mind sharing approx price per carat? I have no sense of cost for this, esp because precision cuts are involved, which of course makes it more valuable.

hey lovedogs :wavey:
This particular lab emerald is 2.975 carats and Gene priced it at $379, so PPC = apx $126.
I agree, this is my Holy Grail for emerald color too; I really lucked out on getting this one.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey lovedogs :wavey:
This particular lab emerald is 2.975 carats and Gene priced it at $379, so PPC = apx $126.
I agree, this is my Holy Grail for emerald color too; I really lucked out on getting this one.

Thanks, that's so helpful and very reasonable price!!! I'm definitely going to reach out to him to see if he has more of this color planned. I'm already scheming my 2019 big bling project :)

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
C47B0D5C-7BF3-4A5A-9E0E-D43F0ED15DAA.jpeg I snagged this from genes drop today.
Synth GGG (garnet). I find it super cool because I love garnets and this material is highly dispersive but not often seen these days. I imagine it will look very demantoid like.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
C47B0D5C-7BF3-4A5A-9E0E-D43F0ED15DAA.jpeg I snagged this from genes drop today.
Synth GGG (garnet). I find it super cool because I love garnets and this material is highly dispersive but not often seen these days. I imagine it will look very demantoid like.

This is gorgeous!!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is gorgeous!!

I hope so! It’s a little small at 5.5 but hopefully the color gives it punch. And beggars can’t be choosers, not like I can find this material elsewhere :/

Edit: hmm. May have spoke too soon. I thought I bought this since I put it in my cart and checked out and then the page loaded as sold. But I’m not showing a receipt anywhere. Ah well. Guess we will see!

Last edited:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did anyone snag this one from Gene’s last drop?
84E6C5A3-8881-49E4-9106-9DB07BD1C52F.jpeg

@MakingTheGrade Did you get it? Gene’s checkout process can be strange because so many people go for the items at the same time. I had my money refunded several times over the years. :cry2: But it’s always such a rush when you find out you were the lucky buyer. :D

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock

@MakingTheGrade Did you get it? Gene’s checkout process can be strange because so many people go for the items at the same time. I had my money refunded several times over the years. :cry2: But it’s always such a rush when you find out you were the lucky buyer. :D

I wish! Unfortunately I don't think Gene is selling to the EU still :cry2:

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

No sadly I didn’t. Maybe next time

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My sapphire from Gene came yesterday, and it is unbelievable!!!! I love it! It's the perfect blue for me, big, and so sparkly. :kiss2: He showed me the lab emerald rough--glowy! He also told me I need a lab Alex. Such an enabler!

I took some photos inside because it's been raining since they arrived, but they're blurry and don't do it justice. Maybe tomorrow...

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful! Gotta love Gene’s enabling too right? :lol:
Any ideas on what you’ll do with it?
I'm not sure what to do. It needs something special, but simple. Gene finished my emerald, btw. It's a 4.3 emerald cut. I might need to block him so I stop buying! :lol-2:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm not sure what to do. It needs something special, but simple. Gene finished my emerald, btw. It's a 4.3 emerald cut. I might need to block him so I stop buying! :lol-2:

Oh, I need to see that! Share please? :mrgreen2:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
anyone have a lab emerald from better than diamond (Avarra)? Just curious how it compares to the material that Gene has!

eapj

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
64408658-36F2-4021-90FA-D0DA89D91FE4.jpeg Finally nabbed one from Gene. 2ct “Colombian” color emerald with just a touch of inclusion for glow. Woot!

I was drooling over this today, showed it to my husband and said, "When you want to get me an emerald as a gift, please get me one like this. I'd be just as happy as if it was mined and we could actually afford it!."

Can't wait to see what you do with it! Any tentative plans?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results