clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, since I'm color incompetent, can someone help compare this blue that I want (from MSOPs stone) to this color chart I got from a Chinese vendor?

I think 113???
CCSpinel.jpg PT_blue_spinel_rough.jpg

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Ok, since I'm color incompetent, can someone help compare this blue that I want (from MSOPs stone) to this color chart I got from a Chinese vendor?

I think 113???
Probably depends on how big the stones in their photo are! If they’re tiny, 113 would be way to dark for a ring-size stone. Do they only sell cut pieces?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Probably depends on how big the stones in their photo are! If they’re tiny, 113 would be way to dark for a ring-size stone. Do they only sell cut pieces?
hmm, no idea how big they are. Do you mean if the stones in the pic are tiny then they would look darker once larger?

FutureChocolateMLK

Brilliant_Rock
113 immediately stood out to me too. But I’m only good at matching paint colors to decor, so take what I say with a grain of salt :lol:

chroman

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I really like working with Bryce, so I'd honestly rather find some rough and have him cut it. But that might prove harder than I was hoping!
You mght also reach out to
http://www.gemcutter.com/syn-ruf.htm
And see if they have any 114.
I’m not sure how responsive they are to email, but I think may answer the phone (I know, I know, the website...)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You mght also reach out to
http://www.gemcutter.com/syn-ruf.htm
And see if they have any 114.
I’m not sure how responsive they are to email, but I think may answer the phone (I know, I know, the website...)
I tried reaching out but they sent me a very confusing email response . I reached out again yesterday

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I call it as #113BIS. ;))
Yeah, I might have them cut me 1 stone of each 113, 113BIS, 114. their prices are cheap, so it's not horrible to get one of each and make sure I know what color it is.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Yeah, I might have them cut me 1 stone of each 113, 113BIS, 114. their prices are cheap, so it's not horrible to get one of each and make sure I know what color it is.
Where do you see their prices for cut stones?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ps. It's amazing how much color changes once stones are cut. Here is a pic of the rough they sent IMG-20190326-WA0006.jpg IMG-20190326-WA0004.jpg

And here's 114 in different lighting (looks so different from the chart)
IMG-20190326-WA0003.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where do you see their prices for cut stones?
This is a Chinese vendor I am chatting with on WhatsApp who gets rough from Djeva. But they don't want to sell rough, only cut.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Arg - I want rought!!
Lol me too! Bc I want to hoard it and have many stones cut since I've been looking for this GD color for months!

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know is this will help anyone, but Peter Torrraca was able to find my rough... I specifically wanted it to glow with subtle teal flashes. From those listed above, #112 (in round cut) or #113 (in step cut) seems to be the closest.

Here's the only other photo I have from him:
Spinel_2.jpg.jpeg

And the ones I have...
RHR - Blue Spinel 2.jpg RHR - Blue Spinel Stack.jpg RHR - Blue spinel.jpg
PT_blue spinel_2.jpg PT_blue spinel_3.jpg
PT_blue spinel_1.jpg

Last edited:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
#112 cut to round:
htb1aap_jvxxxxxqxxxxq6xxfxxxz-jpg.682539

#113/113BIS in emerald cut
ccspinel-jpg.682621

miafab

Rough_Rock
This is a Chinese vendor I am chatting with on WhatsApp who gets rough from Djeva. But they don't want to sell rough, only cut.

Hi Lovedogs,
Would you mind sharing your contact info for this vendor? I'm looking for a 57sp color which no one seems to have.
Thank you!

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Does anyone know if Jeff White cuts lab gems by request? I e-mailed him based on a lab gem of his that someone posted here, but didn’t get a response.

GlitterInMyHair

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone know if Jeff White cuts lab gems by request? I e-mailed him based on a lab gem of his that someone posted here, but didn’t get a response.
Yes, he does.

I just put down a deposit last week for a custom-cut asscher lab sapphire. His turn around time is 6 - 8 weeks, so it will be a while before I receive my stone.

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Hmm, I wonder why I haven’t gotten a response from him.

Lucky_Rabbit

Shiny_Rock
I don't know is this will help anyone, but Peter Torrraca was able to find my rough... I specifically wanted it to glow with subtle teal flashes. From those listed above, #112 (in round cut) or #113 (in step cut) seems to be the closest.

Here's the only other photo I have from him:
Spinel_2.jpg.jpeg

And the ones I have...
RHR - Blue Spinel 2.jpg RHR - Blue Spinel Stack.jpg RHR - Blue spinel.jpg
PT_blue spinel_2.jpg PT_blue spinel_3.jpg
PT_blue spinel_1.jpg

HOLY COW! That is literally my dream blue colored gem beauty :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results