color
clarity

Colored gem beauties (lab-created)

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oops. phone posted before I finished writing. First impressions:
1. Gene's cutting is outstanding!
2. The lab spinel is everything I was hoping for! My only regret is not ordering 2--one large (this one), and one smaller to fit in my existing setting that will take 7.7mm.
3. The emerald is great, but looks less blue than the one @MakingTheGrade and @lilmosun got, which isn't my preference. Probably just luck of the draw with what a given piece of rough looks like with color, and obviously not Gene's fault. Can't decide if I want to keep it vs. sell to another PSer vs. ask about returning. I think many ppl would prefer the pure green, but my preference is the blue/green color (more like the "paraiba" YAG).

@marymm , your stone was actually the pic I saved as my "inspiration" for buying bc of the blue/green tone (obviously more green than blue, but blue secondary). How do you feel like yours looks compared to mine in terms of color?

Last edited:

clumberlove

Shiny_Rock
@SouthernGent that's completely understandable, family comes first every time :D

@lovedogs that spinel is everything! Oh my goodness the intensity of the colour is amazing, I'm sure you're thrilled! A shame the emerald isn't quite what you're looking for. I'm sure someone else would snap it up if you did want to sell.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
oops. phone posted before I finished writing. First impressions:
1. Gene's cutting is outstanding!
2. The lab spinel is everything I was hoping for! My only regret is not ordering 2--one large (this one), and one smaller to fit in my existing setting that will take 7.7mm.
3. The emerald is great, but looks less blue than the one @MakingTheGrade and @lilmosun got, which isn't my preference. Probably just luck of the draw with what a given piece of rough looks like with color, and obviously not Gene's fault. Can't decide if I want to keep it vs. sell to another PSer vs. ask about returning. I think many ppl would prefer the pure green, but my preference is the blue/green color (more like the "paraiba" YAG).

@marymm , your stone was actually the pic I saved as my "inspiration" for buying bc of the blue/green tone (obviously more green than blue, but blue secondary). How do you feel like yours looks compared to mine in terms of color?

I ended up selling my lab Emerald to MakingTheGrade (see page 7 of this thread for MTG's pics/post) ... FWIW based purely on photos I do think my/MTG's lab emerald is more blue/Green and yours is more Green; like you, I favor the blue/green color for Emeralds.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I ended up selling my lab Emerald to MakingTheGrade (see page 7 of this thread for MTG's pics/post) ... FWIW based purely on photos I do think my/MTG's lab emerald is more blue/Green and yours is more Green; like you, I favor the blue/green color for Emeralds.
Haha I'm very dumb and was convinced both of you had my ideal color in lab emerald. Thanks for clarifying! I do love the green, but am nervous I won't end up setting or wearing it because it isn't the *exact* color I want.

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
Rusgem. Was $31 incl shipping. Really can’t complain for the price. :lol:
Yeah, that's pretty I expensive. I got my rough from Rusgem, but I'm having someone else cut it.

icy_jade

Ideal_Rock
Yeah it’s a few bucks on alibaba but need to have minimum order of 100 pieces so I passed.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
2F24F7D9-C297-4D42-AE12-E298530DE603.jpeg 479F081C-B4B5-4F48-86E1-E620B465F072.jpeg
YAG paraiba that really isn’t paraiba color but super intense and affordable so I love it anyway. :lol: Over 4 carats

Drool fest!!! :drool: That color is phenomenal! :love: :love: :love:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
After lots of snow delays, my stones from Gene are here! 20190316_101449.jpg 20190316_101305.jpg 20190316_101458.jpg 20190316_101313.jpg 20190316_101452.jpg 20190316_101309.jpg 20190316_101511.jpg 20190316_101328.jpg

They’re both so gorgeous.:love: The emerald is my favorite but, dang, that blue really pops! :cool2:
I can’t wait to see what you do with them.

Ps. Your nails look awesome. They remind me of a galaxy.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really want to see IRL pics of his pad stones! So curious about what they look like.

Me too!!!

ETA: The lad sold. Maybe we’ll get lucky and a PSer will have bought it.

Batgirl76

Shiny_Rock
Wow, it’s beautiful NKOTB!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is the perfect pad colour. It photographs slightly more pink, I think. I always like the colour, but similar to pink sapphires, my favourite is in indoor lighting on this one. A nice blend of orange and pink, not too dark, not washed out.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It is the perfect pad colour. It photographs slightly more pink, I think. I always like the colour, but similar to pink sapphires, my favourite is in indoor lighting on this one. A nice blend of orange and pink, not too dark, not washed out.
That's what I was hoping It would look like. LOVE!!!!

bludiva

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look what's on its way in the mail ladies:
received_411638506260105.jpeg

It's going to have that dark flash in the middle because of how shallow I needed it cut.

Wow! Please post some video when you get it!

SouthernGent

Shiny_Rock
How do I post a video? I have an .mp4 of it, but I get an error when I try to post it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results