shape
carat
color
clarity

Colored Diamond Thread

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
As some of you know I am a colored diamond nut first and foremost! With all these new colored diamond additions to everyone''s collections I thought it fitting to have a thread where all of them can be admired in one spot...so please post away :)

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
this is my pale yellow diamond leaning against a chunk of moonstone rough. The diamond is 1.53 carat 8x9x3mm from Ippy, Central African Republic

diamondmoon.jpg

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
This is one of my impulse purchases-I am usually not quit so girly, but this one really spoke to me. It is 2.18ctw pink, yellow, orange, cognac and white diamonds set in 18kt WG. I will try and work on a better close up picture later today.

2.18ct diamond flower ring.JPG

stepcutnut

Ideal_Rock
The flower petals are all pear cuts and the rest of the diamonds are rounds.

2.18ct diamond flower ring2.JPG

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
this is my 4.83 carat brown octahedron that is in my avatar

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
oops

diamondportrait1.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
another view of it

diamondportrait3.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
and I have gazillions of gazillions of nano diamonds!

nano.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

nanonano.jpg

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Those black diamonds are stunning!!! If you add some water/elmer glue mix to them and let it dry you could have a HUGE diamond!!

Dont have my 4ct diamond yet :(. But will post it when I do!!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I really like the ring!

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My .25ct champagne diamond RB, and my .3ct pinkish purple princess diamond.

diamondsksks98.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2010 11:28:31 AM
Author: stepcutnut
This is one of my impulse purchases-I am usually not quit so girly, but this one really spoke to me. It is 2.18ctw pink, yellow, orange, cognac and white diamonds set in 18kt WG. I will try and work on a better close up picture later today.

WE NEED MORE PICTURES!!!! Nice impulse purchase!
30.gif

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are my loose ones, and they range in size from 30 to around 65 points. The one in the lower right hand corner is more pink IRL, especially out in the sun, but my photo can't capture it. The oval on the top is milky, but it does sparkle, and I bought it because I love the pinkish orange color. I want to make a cluster ring with all of them. It's virtually impossible to capture their beauty in a still photo. The beauty lies not just in the various colors, but the sparkles as well.

TLcoloreddiamondsbox.JPG

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I LOOOOVE that pink pear!!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I love the one in the middle and the one north east of it too! and the yellow pear! all of them really. Not so into the one with the freckles, you know the marquis shaped one without the points! But they''lll make an awesome clusterer1

RockHugger

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hey...freckles arnt all bad. They give it personality!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you RH, Vapid.

Actually, it''s very difficult to see the frekles on that pink oval. IRL it sparkles so much that it''s really hard to pay attention to them, especially since the color also masks them. In a white diamond, they would be more apparent. Colored diamonds really need to be seen and be moving for you to fully appreciate them. I wish I could show you a video. The colors are more intense in the video and the sparkles really come to life, albeit the stones are more blurry.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
My kind of thread!!!
30.gif
3.gif
30.gif

TL, you have such an awesome diamond collection! And what a cluster ring that would make! I agree, pics don''t do colored diamonds justice. They need to be seen in real life.

Stepcutnut, now THAT''s what I call a flower ring! Look at the different colors, they are just mesmerizing. For an impulse purchase, you did really good!

VapidLapid, I''ve never seen black diamond powder. That is so cool! Will it grow if you water it?
9.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my colored diamond family.

Peachy, Olive
Ms. N, Sunny, Korbel
Heath

If diamond backyard breeding was only possible...
27.gif

013_1_2_1.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2010 10:28:08 PM
Author: platinumrock

Peachy, Olive

Ms. N, Sunny, Korbel

Heath

27.gif

Wow, I hope they don''t break the gem jar. There''s some huge rocks there! LOL! Beautiful photo, just luscious.
3.gif

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
P. Rock, TL, Stepnut you all have such nice colored stones I'm a little embarrassed by my brood of hillbilly rocks.
The black diamond nano powder was created in the gov't labs at los alamos in their carbon nanotube research. They spun it off into a commercial enterprise; nanotubes for molecular motors and new energy storage batteries. the nano diamonds were a by product of that development. I believe that at diameters of 4-25 nanometers they are smaller than a wavelength of light! If a speck is big enough to see then it has millions of diamonds in it. Just a couple of atoms really.

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 10:33:41 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Peachy, Olive

Ms. N, Sunny, Korbel

Heath

27.gif

Wow, I hope they don''t break the gem jar. There''s some huge rocks there! LOL! Beautiful photo, just luscious.
3.gif
Thanks, TL! Actually, we want them to break the gem jar.
31.gif

Can you take more pics of the yellow cleftless heart? Pretty please?
12.gif

platinumrock

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/12/2010 10:39:59 PM
Author: VapidLapid
P. Rock, TL, Stepnut you all have such nice colored stones I'm a little embarrassed by my brood of hillbilly rocks.
The black diamond nano powder was created in the gov't labs at los alamos in their carbon nanotube research. They spun it off into a commercial enterprise; nanotubes for molecular motors and new energy storage batteries. the nano diamonds were a by product of that development. I believe that at diameters of 4-25 nanometers they are smaller than a wavelength of light! If a speck is big enough to see then it has millions of diamonds in it. Just a couple of atoms really.
That's not true.
1.gif
Your yellow and brown rough are quite stunning! And they haven't even been faceted yet. Have you thought about getting any of these stones cut? I would love to own a diamond rough one day.

Nano damonds. A couple of atoms. That is so cool!
36.gif

Thank you for the kind words, by the way.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2010 10:39:59 PM
Author: VapidLapid

I heard about these incredibly small diamond crystals that are used to make one large superdiamond that has hardness and durability vastly superior to a single carbon crystal. I also heard they may be used to try and create super conductors. Well, I digress.

Thank you Vapid. Do you have more photos of the octahedron in your avatar? I love looking at diamond octahedrons.

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Do I have pictures!
this one you can really see the big carbon inclusion in the center

ddiamondsmith2.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
this one was lit only by a candle. the flame from the candle is the glowing spectrum on the left.

diamondspectrum2.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
This was my first picture of the octahedron.

independenceday.jpg

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Are there any vendors that you colored diamond aficionado's recommend or prefer? The only reviewed site I've come across is fancydiamonds.net. ETA: And Diamondsbylauren.

TLcoloreddiamondcloseups2.JPG

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/12/2010 10:48:05 PM
Date: 4/12/2010 10:33:41 PM

Author: tourmaline_lover

Here's my colored diamond family.

Peachy, Olive

Ms. N, Sunny, Korbel

Heath

27.gif

Wow, I hope they don't break the gem jar. There's some huge rocks there! LOL! Beautiful photo, just luscious.
3.gif

Thanks, TL! Actually, we want them to break the gem jar.
31.gif

Can you take more pics of the yellow cleftless heart? Pretty please?
12.gif

PR,
Here's a more clear closeup of my favorite diamonds in that gem box. I cut out Mr. Freckles as to not offend people that can't stand inclusions in diamonds.
2.gif
LOL! The pale one in the bottom row, middle, actually has some green to it. It's very washed out in this photo, but this was in direct sun.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results