shape
carat
color
clarity

Cobalt Vietnamese Spinel

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good work on your part. But wow, that is amazing color! Hopefully, you feel that you could work with Marc again and perhaps find a replacement. That is such an amazing color that I bet it could be the size of a pin head and you would still be able to see it from across the room. :love:

GregS

Brilliant_Rock
Marc Sarosi is always really nice to deal with. Returns are really easy. Sorry it didn't work out.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That color!!! :love: :love: But I'm glad you returned it given the inclusion. I hope you find something you love soon!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Holy crap! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: THAT COLOR!!!!!!

Yes, both good and bad news, that color is TDF!! but I'm so sorry it didn't work out because of the inclusion. that would have been amazing as a set stone otherwise!

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm sorry that this didn't work out as the color is to die for. But good for you to have it checked so you know. Thanks for sharing as it is a rare beauty that we don't see often.

What other types of stones were you considering? While disappointing, I am sure PSers will help you find the PERFECT stone for your eRing :)

S

SparkliesLuver

ScarletRpsdy, are you still looking for a cobalt? Please let me know ... :whistle:

Desertrose

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Sparkliesluver...I'd be interested if ScarletRhpsdy doesn't get back to you.... :naughty:

ScarletRpsdy

Rough_Rock
lilmosun|1452748959|3975798 said:
I'm sorry that this didn't work out as the color is to die for. But good for you to have it checked so you know. Thanks for sharing as it is a rare beauty that we don't see often.

What other types of stones were you considering? While disappointing, I am sure PSers will help you find the PERFECT stone for your eRing :)
Oh Gosh, I really do need to check this thread more often!! Lilmosun, thank you for your very kind offer! I've also been looking for glowing Mahenge spinels because I really like how it's hardy but beautiful. I think I may check out some in Prima Gems, but please let me know of any that you find suitable!

ScarletRpsdy

Rough_Rock
SparkliesLuver|1456235696|3994378 said:
ScarletRpsdy, are you still looking for a cobalt? Please let me know ... :whistle:
I am!! My email is [email protected] :)

Desertrose, I'll definitely pass along the info to you if it doesn't work out!

S

SparkliesLuver

Great! Emailing you now ... :D

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Elle - I thought that one would pop up over here today!! That's a pretty neat stone.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uhhh.....too late now but it is best to remove your email address ASAP for personal safety, plus it is against forum rules.

ScarletRpsdy

Rough_Rock
Oops sorry!! I was trying to figure out a way to remove my post (I used to know how!) but am at a loss. I reported it so maybe the admins can remove it?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
"Report Concern" to have Ella remove it for you. I think we only have 5 minutes (or something like that) to make any edits.

RSargent

Shiny_Rock
What an amazing color...

ScarletRpsdy

Rough_Rock
Thank you for all your lovely suggestions, everyone! I ended up picking out a Mahenge spinel from Prima Gems. I will make a thread about it later. Id like to keep the discussion on cobalt spinels going though, just because they're so irresistible!

IslandBB

Shiny_Rock
I bought the above listed cobalt spinel. It's tiny, but the color is great. Still trying to decide if I will keep it. It's so much money for such a tiny stone, but I fear I won't find anything in that color....

Not to hijack a thread, but anyone have input?

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There's a lovely cushion heated sapphire from finewater that I find to be a saturated blue, similar but obviously not the same as a fine blue spinel. But the size may make up for that. And it is a very nice blue

IslandBB

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Niel. Paying almost $2k for .28 stone has been tough to reconcile and maybe I need to look at other options- or just come to terms with the fact that that's what it costs to have something that color.

IslandBB

Shiny_Rock
Here are a couple of shots of the cobalt spinel I purchased. It's approximately 3x5 (3.5 x 4.5) which is actually not too terrible on my hand. I have small hands and wear a 5 ring size. It would be set in a ring. Pardon my nails in the hand shots!

_2442.jpeg

_2443.jpeg

_2444.jpeg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IslandBB|1458407335|4007858 said:
Thanks Niel. Paying almost $2k for .28 stone has been tough to reconcile and maybe I need to look at other options- or just come to terms with the fact that that's what it costs to have something that color.
thats undestandable.

here is the finewater one i was talking about , 2200, about 6x5mm and i think, though not the same, still a nice color, and i find his photos to undersell the stones. ...

usually hell do a video for you

5225732.jpg

9078976.jpg

IslandBB

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Niel! Definitely going to take a closer look at that sapphire. :wink2:

S

SparkliesLuver

Hate to resurrect an old thread, but I love this material so I figured why not. :) How'd your search turn out, IslandBB? I'm super curious to know where you landed!

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Thx Sparklies, it is a lovely thread and hopefully we will be updated by IslandBB

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results