shape
carat
color
clarity

Cloudy trillions

sad about trillions

Rough_Rock
Does anyone have a jeweler they can recommend that would be willing to work with me on this setting ? I’d like to find someone who agrees to opening it up to get better access to the trillions. Anyone have a jeweler who REALLY knows his/her stuff and is kind ?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where are you located @sad about trillions? PS can definitely help you find someone. ❤️

Would you want to keep the trillions or would you be looking at alternate sidestone shapes? I know that you’ve now bought two sets of trillions so switching shape is an even more bitter pill, but - well, I’ll ask anyway.

sad about trillions

Rough_Rock
Where are you located @sad about trillions? PS can definitely help you find someone. ❤️

Would you want to keep the trillions or would you be looking at alternate sidestone shapes? I know that you’ve now bought two sets of trillions so switching shape is an even more bitter pill, but - well, I’ll ask anyway.

Thanks!! My preference would be to keep these new trillions - we looked hard and picked out a really nice set - and put them into a setting that has easy access for cleaning. I am in New York but will work with anyone !! The last jeweler we worked with was in California. Was supposed to be one of the best.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
Thanks!! My preference would be to keep these new trillions - we looked hard and picked out a really nice set - and put them into a setting that has easy access for cleaning. I am in New York but will work with anyone !! The last jeweler we worked with was in California. Was supposed to be one of the best.

@sad about trillions any update on this?

ProfessorBling

Shiny_Rock
I have this same exact problem! I got this in 2008 and it has never looked the same as when it was new. I just put a bunch of stuff in the ultrasonic, cause... ew. LOL it's been awhile.

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 10.47.40 AM.png

sad about trillions

Rough_Rock
I have this same exact problem! I got this in 2008 and it has never looked the same as when it was new. I just put a bunch of stuff in the ultrasonic, cause... ew. LOL it's been awhile.

Screen Shot 2021-07-26 at 10.47.40 AM.png

Omg! Thank you for sharing! How did it come out when you put it in the ultrasonic? It’s hard to tell from a picture. Better but definitely still with a dullness/film? It drives me crazy!!! I wish there was some way to make it better.

ProfessorBling

Shiny_Rock
Omg! Thank you for sharing! How did it come out when you put it in the ultrasonic? It’s hard to tell from a picture. Better but definitely still with a dullness/film? It drives me crazy!!! I wish there was some way to make it better.

It helped a bit. But when I took it out the trillions actually looked darker than before because there was so much water in the gallery. I'll take some pics right now.

Btw I don't know what the true clarity grades are on this. When I got it the paperwork said SI1 but I think they are really I1. They still don't look the same, it is like they are grey diamonds now instead of G color.

IMG_7668.jpeg IMG_7670.jpeg IMG_7671.jpeg IMG_7669.jpeg

ProfessorBling

Shiny_Rock
Ok so thinking about this a bit more, I'm wondering if a waterpick or small pointed syringe could help flush out some of the gunk?

As you can see there is no way bristles can fit under my trillions. I might try a LONG soak with hot water Dawn to break up grease, etc and then some kind of syringe. Or maybe peroxide and windex? That just came up on a Google search.

I haven't worn this set in about a decade since it is from a precious relationship, but now I really want to figure out what will work.

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Avant-Garde: Fab or Fail?
    Avant-Garde: Fab or Fail? - 09/17
    Met Gala 2021: Our Favorite Pieces from the Red Carpet
    Met Gala 2021: Our Favorite Pieces from the Red Carpet - 09/15
    Diamond Prices - September 2021
    Diamond Prices - September 2021 - 09/14

Holloway Cut Advisor