shape
carat
color
clarity

Cloth Diapers?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bella - Thanks! You have no idea how happy I was when I found this lot because they are supposed to be in excellent condition. It was very funny when I told my DH -- he was like -- great, you finally bought some diapers. I said -- and they are in EUC; I got them on ebay. He said -- Tell me you did not just buy used diapers on ebay. I said -- yeah, I did, and I think they were a GREAT deal. I am saving so much money! :appl: His response, several times, was -- Tell me you did not just buy used diapers on ebay. Hahahaha. I think he's adjusted a bit to the idea, but he did say that he is going to throw them out if they smell. :sick: Can't say I'd disagree with him, though.

HOT - That's great that you cloth diapered. I wonder how much things have changed in just the last 10 years. So many cloth diapers are sooooo cute these days! I will say that I think CD'g is a bit trendy in some circles (which is great), but I have gotten lots of negative reactions. One guy (a co-worker with a one year old) looked at me and told me "That is disgusting!" Haha! Everyone else just looks at me like I'm nuts and says that it will be a lot of work. I am not telling anyone about the used diapers, though. They would freak out, I'm sure!

Rock of Love - Yes, I found them on ebay. I did a buy-it-now. Seller has a few similar sets that all have bids on them now, so it will be interesting to see if they exceed my BIN price. I think they will. Thanks for letting us know about the sizing. I think I will get some kissaluvs size 0 as well.

Cara - I think people typically use prefolds in addition to or in lieu of inserts, so hopefully that will work for your daycare. Interesting to read about the diaper service. I looked to see if we have any available here. I had just assumed we do not. It looks like there is one service, about an hours drive from my town. They will come to my town, but I just assume wash on my own.

Kunzite - You did so well on CL!!! I imagine you live in a much more "green" area that I do because there are rarely diaper listings here and never anything that really interests me.

Gempassion - Thanks for posting the info about the G-Diapers. I had no idea what they were, but noticed tons of auctions for them on ebay.

Question for those of you who purchased used CDs. Do you do anything special to sanitize them before use?

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Hey guys... just wanted to give an update on my Applecheeks. After only 5 or so weeks of using them, I discovered that some of the elastic was already stretched out and even found one dipe where it was nearly shot on on side. Applecheeks warranty doesn't cover shot elastic but I contacted them and they have offered to replace the elastic and ship them back for free! Talk about great customer service! I really recommend these diapers :appl:

I'm really jealous of all of the new purchases and great deals you guys are getting! It makes me want to buy some different stuff to try even though I really don't need any more! I am trying to switch out my hemp inserts for bamboo though. Does anyone have a bamboo insert they recommend?

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I use the BumGenus 3.0 and 4.0 One size since my son was 5 weeks old and LOVE them. I actually just talked our non-cloth diaper day care into letting us use them.

for reference the average family will spent 3-5k per child in disposable diapers. The average cost of cloth diapers is typically under 1k- unless you go really crazy and get many different patterns sizes etc. I have several excellent cloth diaper websites that I can post. Check them out!

http://www.momsmilkboutique.com/

http://www.kellyscloset.com/

and etsy sellers cheeky bums.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another cloth diaper question here!

I've got my size 0 kissaluvs (20 to start) and covers. Are these tiny little baby clothes going to fit over them? I feel like this is such a stupid question. :rodent: But, even the 3 month pants, etc. are tiny! I only have a few newborn sized items, so I haven't paid much attention to those, but I do wonder how these 3 month clothes are going to fit properly. Maybe babies are a lot smaller than I think they are??? :confused:

cara

Ideal_Rock
LV, your baby *will* have a bigger bum with a cloth diaper on than with disposables. Maybe some of the AIOs are more trim, but I'm using prefolds and covers and there is a definite size difference. My baby is also big (95+% percentile for weight) but I'm sure he could stay in smaller clothes a little longer if he were wearing disposables. However, he was 9lb 4 oz at birth and did fit in newborn clothes with a cloth diaper for a few weeks, and then 3 mo clothes with a cloth diaper for a couple months. He's now 11 weeks and 16 lb and wearing 3-6 mo clothes depending on the brand. (But the 3 mo clothes are on their way out!)

Also, if you wanting your baby to look slim in the hips, cloth is not the way to go ;-) My husband sometimes jokes that our boy has womanly hips, but I say just embrace the fluffy bum aesthetic. Its a different look than the disposable butt but not a bad one.

Update on the rest.

Diaper service is still going well. I really recommend it, especially for people on the fence about cloth and able to afford it. Also it makes the newborn transition a little easier - one less thing to worry about! Then if/when you get your feet under you with the LO, you can always switch to washing your own. Also I live in an apartment building, so using the shared laundry facilities for cloth is a little more of a barrier than for some people.

I did find several home daycares and larger day care centers in my area that would accept cloth diapers. But the center we ended up going with (most convenient for other reasons) is part of a big corporation and does not accept cloth. I did bring up the issue with the center director, who is sympathetic and even raised the issue with corporate, but its kind of out of her hands. However, they are willing to accept the kid in cloth in the morning, and switch him to disposables at the first diaper change. So this makes a difference in that I don't have to switch him to disposables before going to daycare.

Also diapering for sleeping through the night. I think eating less during the night is going to play a role - less fluid in and there will be less fluid out! But also I am trying out wool diaper covers. They definitely help a little on the absorbency. Little boy is still not SSTN, but I think next I will try to add an cloth wipe as an insert if needed. Any more suggestions for all-night cloth diaper solutions welcome, though I do have the constraint of using pre-folds as the primary diaper with diaper service rather than some other AIO or pocket product.

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
LV, the kissas + cover will be bulkier. Most diaper shops sell these extender snap things, but I didn't really find that necessary and E was born at 22.5 inches so was on the long side to begin with. He outgrew the size 0 at 5 months so was wearing 6mo clothes, but that seems pretty normal. Now we have some size 1s, love them, and am getting some happy heineys (sp) b/c they were $8 on cyber monday. Real food is making diapers interesting. I have yet to try those liner things, but I hope that the into of peas firms up those squash and pumpkin poops! here are the extender things, pretty easy to make too I bet: http://www.amazon.com/play-Snap-Grow-Garment-Extenders/dp/B0014MGAYS

SB621

Ideal_Rock
If anyone is a member of zulily they have Fuzzbuns on sale for $11.99. I think they are usually $20. I don't use this brand- I perfer the BG 4.0's but thought I would throw that out there.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cara and Swimmer - Thanks for your input! I'm totally ok with fluffy CD bum, just don't want these cute little pants to be too tight! I probably have way too many 3 month clothes at this point, but we shall see!

Cara - Wow! I had to go back to read your birth story!! How did I miss that you birthed a 9lb 4 oz baby!?! I'm sure I read it at the time you initially posted your birth story, but it didn't quite register! I :love: big babies! Glad to hear the diaper service is working out well for you.

Swimmer - I had never seen the extenders before. Thanks for the link. I *think* we will transition to Fuzzibunz after she outgrows the kissa's, because we already have a good supply in Size 1. As with everything else, we shall see how it goes! Hey, I did make it to your diaper store (Diaper Lab) a few weeks ago. Very nice shop and tons of information. I picked up some really cute wetbags, covers, wipes solution. What are you using for your wipes? I mentioned that I would make my own solution, and they warned me to be very careful not to use anything with soap, since soap is meant to be rinsed off, and could cause irritation/rash, so I bought what she rec'd, and then noticed that it has some type of soap in it. :confused: I also bought some Kissa concentrate/solution from Amazon, which I think is soap-free.

Do you keep your wipes in a warmer? What kind do you use? Now that I think of it, I never did buy any cloth wipes -- btw Amazon and Etsy, the options seem limitless. Given their purpose, I've spent way too much time thinking about them!!! Haha!

Oh, and sidenote, cupcakes at little bakery next door to DL are yummy!!

Sarahbear - Thanks for the tip on the FB's. I saw those too!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
LV, when were you were in boston? am vaguely remembering you saying you were coming to town now that I've typed that. I just moved to a new place no longer close to Diaper Lab; living a few blocks away was very handy and yes, the choc next door is divine. Though kickass cupcakes is less than a mile away as well. E and I had many fun strolls in that area, glad you got to scope it out!

For wipes I have a prince lionheart warmer (gift, no idea if they are different in any way from brand to brand) and fuzzibuns wipes. They are the softest things everrrrrr! I had some organic bamboo wipes, but they only lasted through 20 washes or so...so now fuzzibuns wipes are on my must give list for new mommas. The warmer came with some recipes for the wipes...but I mostly use water. A friend makes some with lavender oil that smells amazing, but DH is opposed to any essential oils on the baby because of phytoestrogens (sp?) causing cancer blah blah blah. He is a cancer researcher, but I feel his list of things to avoid grows every day...anyway, the olive oil mix looks soothing, I was thinking of mixing it up if E ever gets diaper rash.

Hmmm, on the solution. I would tend to trust DL's offerings b/c they don't stock much and they seem to carry only what they use (as moms). I got a bunch of EUC inserts for the happy hineys and some euc imsy vimsys, they are working well so far.

How much longer till you meet your little person?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swimmer, We went in early November!! Stopping at DL on the way into the city worked out great because we parked in a garage not far from there, then took the T in. I was happy to see a lot of products in person, though they do not stock a lot. They were sold out of Kissa's at the time. A very nice woman came in to return a bunch of newborn girl covers, because she had just found out (at 38 weeks!!) that she was having a boy, not a girl as she have been told previously. :o So, I picked up a few of her covers, which were otherwise sold out. :bigsmile:

You're so lucky to have lived in the neighborhood where DL is located. There were so many moms walking around with their babies!!! By way of contrast, I've only seen one baby in a stroller in my town in the two years that we've been there!! Haha.

Let's see, I think the prince lionheart is specifically for cloth. It may come with cloth wipes to start. I'm just going to order that and the fb wipes and be done with it already!! I heart lavender oil! Phytoestrogens, huh? ;( I think there may be lavender oil in one of my solutions, but I'd still use it anyway. I use lavender oil myself at times (migraines, relaxation), hopefully in small doses it's ok. ::)

Samantha will arrive some time around 1/10/11!! My husband keeps telling me she could arrive any day now! Haha. I keep telling him she will likely be a bit late. I had an ultrasound on Monday, and they say she measured 6 pounds (give or take a pound) and could wind up being a little bigger than average. Sounds good to me -- "my baby is perfectly sized for my body" is what my hypnobirthing CD tells me every night. That's what I'm going to keep believing, anyway . . .

Have we seen any pictures of E lately? Will we? :))

JonyLeaber

Rough_Rock
Trade
I use cloth diapers and I use a wide variety of styles (pocket, traditional prefolds w/ covers, 'All-in-ones', fitted w/ covers, etc.). Having said that, there are advantages and disadvantages for each including how they fit, if they leak more than others, breathability, etc. I bought all of mine (most from Ebay and most are used but still work great). I wash mine at home with a front load washer and have no experience with stinkiness - I use a 'Diaper Champ' pail. I would suggest buying a few different kinds and making some yourself (If you have a sewing machine I've heard they're not too hard to make) and trying them out. Good Luck and I hope you use them - I love them!

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, we’re officially making the switch to cloth. We seriously had enough disposables – thanks to my mom and sister-in-law - to last us until about a month ago. I’m torn between pockets and AI2’s. I need something easy for MIL and DH. I don’t mind the work of stuffing pockets and would do that in advance. I like that pockets wick moisture away from the baby’s bum but I think I can get a similar result with AI2s?

The thing I like about AI2s is that I wouldn’t need as many…in theory anyway. I also like that they’re similar to a disposable which seems the most DH friendly. The advantage of Pockets seems to be the customizable level of absorption.

I would also like to use a one-size diaper which seems to be an option in both types of diapers. DS is a bit chunky so I’ll probably have to try a few in order to figure out which ones I like.

For those of you who use Pockets or AI2s, can you share a few things?
- how many diapers do you keep on hand and how often do you do laundry?
- if you use Pockets, what do you stuff with?
- how often do you change your LO’s diaper – obviously this will vary but DS isn’t a terribly heavy wetter?
- any issues with diaper rash since sometimes their bum is wet?
- do you use disposables at night?
- any recs for one-size dipes for a chunky kiddo?

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Hi Puppmom! We use a combo of pockets and prefolds. He's a heavy-enough wetter, and always has been, that I haven't really been happy with any of the other styles we've tried, but if your baby isn't a heavy-wetter than you have more options.

I think that we have about 18 pockets, and do laundry every 2-3 days. I don't think we could get to 3 days if we didn't supplement with prefolds though, or go up to about 24 diapers. We change his diaper every 2-3 waking hours as needed, and after he wakes up. He's in a double-diapered prefold with an XL cover at night. He's been very vocal about "poooooooo!" lately (with pointing at his bum), which I think he think means a dirty diaper of any sort, and we will change earlier if he tells us that he wants it.

Most of the pockets we have came with inserts. I stuff our Fuzzy Bunz with both the regular insert and the newborn insert that came with them. I use a random regular insert that we have (I think some are Bum Genius) and another random infant insert with our Rocky Mountains and Happy Heinies, and with the Blueberries I use the hemp/microfiber ones that came with them plus a hemp doubler that I picked up at a yardsale once upon a time. The only reason I stick with these combos is because the hemp ones can go longer and if I keep them in the Blueberries then I can ID which ones I'd want for a car-trip or something, and because the FB are narrower diapers and so their own inserts fit best in them. I don't think it hurts to mix and match a bit. 8) Again, if your kid doesn't pee as much, then you may be okay with just the regular inserts and no doublers.

No issues with diaper rash.

I'm not in a good place to comment on chunky babies. I feel like the Happy Heinies are made for legs that are a lot bigger than his, though, and so maybe they would be good? The Fuzzi Bunz are also really adjustable, so they could work well. Maybe someone with a chunkier baby can chime in.

phoenixgirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi~

*We have 21 FuzziBunz (6 mediums and 15 one-size) and we do laundry every 2 or 2 1/2 days.
*I stuff with the inserts that came with, nothing extra.
*I change Claire's diaper every two hours. I do have problems with diapers leaking - I have one or two leaks a day, usually after nap time or if we've been out of the house longer than two hours. The one-size leak more than the mediums because the inserts are smaller. I use mediums overnight and rarely have leaks.
*No problem with diaper rash. Occasionally she'll get bumps if she's been wet, but it goes away with a little diaper goop.
*We use medium FuzizBunz over night. She rarely has a leak problem. If we run out of mediums and I have to use a one-size FuzziBunz over night, I double stuff it.
*Claire has gotten pretty chunky over the 6 or 7 months since we've started using cloth, and we've only had to adjust the diapers a tiny bit. The mediums I've only adjusted one snap, and the one-size I've moved the buttons twice. So basically even though she's gained maybe 7 pounds, I only just this month had to change the way I fasten the diapers, if that makes sense.

My one regret is getting so many one-size versus medium. I was trying to save money and get diapers that would last her whole time in diapers and be something I could use with my next baby at a young age, but I have so many more leaks with the one-size. However, they do fit a lot better under clothes. Be prepared to have to use baggier pants (or go one size up).

ETA: Claire is 15 months, and I've been using CD since she was 8 months.

ETAA: My sister bought 12 medium Bum Geniuses off CL. She had trouble with leaks, but I think that's also because she didn't do anything special to wash or dry them and didn't strip them (that just means washing a bunch of times every so often to get rid of any detergent residue). Anyway, the biggest difference was that she had to dry them forever in the dryer. Washing the diapers and inserts separately means a shorter drying time.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys!

Blen, did you ever you disposable with George? I’m wondering if I think that N is not a heavy wetter because the sposies are so absorbent that he never leaks. I guess I’ll find out!

Phoenix, interesting point about the one size. I was thinking I would do the one-size so they’ll fit until potty training but I certainly want to minimize leaks as much as possible. I’m laughing about the roomy pants because N is chunky with short legs so pants are either too tight on his waist or miles too long! Thank goodness for baby legs!

One more question – do you guys use the disposable liners for poo? I’m trying to make this as easy as possible for MIL and am thinking it’ll be hard for her to get to the bathroom after changing N so I was thinking of using the liners and having a small bag lined pail for her to use. Then I’ll do all the flushing at night. Once N is walking or crawling and can be placed on the bathroom floor for a moment, it shouldn’t be an issue. Right now, it’s hard to multitask with him because he isn’t mobile and he’s SO heavy!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Daycare used disposables with him for a brief stint when our house was on the market, but I've never given them a shot. They didn't tell me anything one way or another about how he was doing in them, so I don't know. You could always order one or two of each style for a trial-run before commiting, and see how it goes!

We do not use the disposable liners. I find them more hassle then using a diaper sprayer to get poo off, but I know that there are people who love them. We send him to daycare with a wet bag each day. Wet diapers go in the wet bag. She automatically bags anything that gets poo or other yuckies on it in a plastic bag (I think this is per regulation), and then she puts the plastic bag in the wet bag and makes a note on his chart that he pooped. If it is pretty solid, she will sometimes shake it into the toilet first before bagging it. During his bath, I go through the bag and use the diaper sprayer to clean any solids off of the poo diaper(s), and I put all the diapers into our diaper pail so that everything makes it into the wash whenever we do it next.

Phoenix - interesting about the one-size versus sized. All of ours are one-size, and he has been in them since 5 months (was in prefolds prior), but I think we will have to add extras to our stash when baby gets here as I don't see our DCP wanting to deal with our newborn prefold stash and we don't have enough one-size dipes to diaper two nearly full-time. Hmmm.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blen, I like your idea! MIL can just bag up poopie diapers and I can take care of them when I get home. N's still BF only and, even when we start solids, it'll probably be a while before it's enough to really affect his poo so we have some time to figure it out.

Right now we have 3 AI2s so I think we're going to prep and use them this weekend. I just HATE the idea of doing SIX loads of laundry with just a handful of soakers in there. Oh well...better than wasting money on a bunch of dipes I don't like!

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
We're only a month into our cloth diapering, but I wanted to let everyone know how it's going. After being in the hospital for 8 weeks we'd gotten used to using disposables. They were fast and easy and go straight in the trash! The hospital sent us home with two packs of diapers so we had a little bit of a transition period when we got home so we could get used to cloth. We're starting with prefolds until O can fit his FuzziBuns size small.

The verdict: I love cloth! The prefolds are a little bit of a pain because O hates diaper changes and moves around like a crazy person. There was a learning curve to them as well. At first we were scared to fold them and use the snappi, so we did a trifold. That worked but I wanted him to have better coverage so we sucked it up and learned to use the snappi. Now that we've been doing it for a few weeks it doesn't take long at all. We got the Thirsties with snaps because I didn't want to deal with the velcro snagging in the laundry or wearing out. We plan to use our lot of diapers for #2 (if there is a #2) so we wanted covers that would last. We haven't had any problems with leaks, blow outs, or smells. Doing laundry once a day isn't a big deal either and I LOVE the Rockin Green detergent.

Here is what we're using:

(24) OsoCozy Indian Cotton Prefolds Infant Size:
http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/clothdiapers/prefolds/indianprefolds

(8) Thirsties Duo Wrap Snap:
http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/diapercovers/thirstiessnapduowrap

(36) Imse Vimse Flannel Wipes:
http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/accessories/clothwipes/organicflannelettewipes

(6 - we don't need that many but got a lot on CL) Snappis:
http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/accessories/pinsandfasteners/snappidiaperfastener

(2) Planet Wise Diaper Pail Liner:
http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/accessories/wetbagsandpailliners/planetwisediaperpailliner

Rockin Green Cloth Diaper Detergent:
http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/naturallaundry/rockingreenclassicrockclothdiaperandlaundrydetergent

California Baby Diaper Rash Cream:
http://www.jilliansdrawers.com/products/clothdiapers/accessories/creamssoapssprays/calmingdiaperrashcream

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kunzite, That's great that you are transitioning well to cloth. We used the regular diapers from the hosp for the first day or so, and they are easy! Are you using a warmer for your wipes? We ordered the prince lionheart for cloth wipes from Amazon, plugged it in yesterday, and it doesn't work. Grrrr. I don't have the box, so hopefully we can still return for a functioning one, but not something I feel much like dealing with right now.

So, we're still debating btw using cloth wipes vs. disposable. We ordered a case of those wipes that they have at the hospital. I don't know what they are called. They are really soft, not a tissue, not a paper towel, but were really nice to just wet with water and use as wipes. I believe they are made of rayon. Not sure whether we should get a regular warmer -or- stick with a replacement cloth wipe warmer? We definitely need a warmer though! It is so cold here.

Question for those that use Kissaluvs:

We've done our first load of Kissaluvs laundry, and we're surprised by how long it takes them to dry. I noticed this when we were prepping them, too. I was hoping one run in the dryer would get them fully dry, but that seems not to be the case. I know it's a good idea to sun dry them, but that won't be possible here for several months. Is it taking others more than one dryer run? Our dryer is fairly new, and I haven't had issues with drying regular laundry. Is it just us?

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Hi LV! We don't use a wipes warmer. Most of the time we're changing O while his bottle is warming up so we've already got warm water we can use to wet the wipe. If not we just run to the sink and run it under water for a second. I'm too paranoid about the fire hazard of a wipes warmer. We used the wipes in the hospital that you're describing and figured if we could make those work by just running a little water each time then we could do the same with the flannel wipes. Since I already have to run a cloth diaper load of laundry it's just as easy to throw the wipes in as well so there's really no benefit for us to do disposable wipes.

Dryer time is one plus about using prefolds. My load will dry most of the time in one cycle. I figure once we start using pocket diapers and AIOs then we'll be looking at two dryer cycles to get them dry.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
K, I'm so glad that cloth diapering is working out for you! I never thought about using cloth wipes but, if I'm doing wash anyway, I might as well! Disposable wipes are so dang expensive too. Right now, we're buying them by the case for like $15 and they last us about 3 weeks.

LV, yay for jumping in! I'll be a cloth diapering newbie with you. :bigsmile:

Do you guys keep lids on your pails? I'm planning to use a dry pail and I've heard the stink is actually less when you use a loose lid or no lid at all.

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Pupp - The lid on our pail is very loose and we haven't had any stink problems yet. I've gone two days without washing diapers without a problem as well. If we have a diaper with a lot of poo we'll spray it off even though we don't have to.

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
LV - I don't use Kissaluvs, but our dryer takes one cycle for prefolds and pockets. I don't know what settings you're using, but could you just add a little extra time to it?

Pupp - We use a plastic kitchen trash can as a diaper pail, and it has a lid but it's the kind that sits on top (and has a hinge) rather than the kind that hard-core snaps into place. We haven't had any stink issues. I would definitely cover it with a mobile kid, and even with the lid his toys sometimes mysteriously make their way into the pail.

Not really cloth diaper-related, but diaper-related. George has frequently been saying "poo-poo" and pointing at his bum, and sometimes it's because of poo, but more often his diaper is just wet or something. Yesterday, he grabbed a clean diaper, handed it to me, then pointed at the diaper and said "poo poo!" Light bulb! Evidently "poo-poo" = diaper, and not what I was assuming. Perhaps we need to work on vocab. :lol:

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Doing our trial run with BGs and FBs this weekend. These things are SO soft! Now I can't imagine putting a crumply old disposable on my baby's buns! So far, I like the FBs better. They seem to fit better and I like that the rise is adjusted with elastic instead of snaps. My BG leaked at the leg but the insert wasn't saturated so I think it was a fit issue. We're also trying Gro-via AI2s but they have to be washed about a billion times before using so we're not there yet.

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Ooohh Pupp I cant wait to hear your review! Our stash is half FB and half grovia. Yes, the prepping is so annoying! 6 times?!? nuts. Did you get some cute patterns? I love that about Grovia. We ended up with a bunch of FB from using the free coupon at KC 4 times buying other supplies (liners, Moby, wipes, etc). It was a pretty sweet deal!

swimmer

Ideal_Rock
LV, yup, they take some time to dry. In the summer I did a lot of sun dry and then a fluff cycle to soften them up, now more like an extra cycle. I don't know, our new dryer is smarter than I am so it just adjusts but I still press "extra dry." Good luck with the wipes, I swear by the fb wipes and can't stand the chemicaly-ness of the cheap ones at daycare. Hopefully the place you got the warmer will do an exchange.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think we are all set with the dryer now. DH likes to use an efficiency setting that automatically shuts off when the machine senses clothes are dry. I think it was shutting off too soon, since it could not recognize that the inside of each diaper was still damp. We are doing 75 minute high heat cycles now and seem to be good to go. We will definitely dry outside when spring arrives.

Swimmer, I did get the FB wipes. I also have the grovia disposable wipes, that don't smell. I really like them. I think I am going to make a wipe solution, keep in a bottle and use that to wet the cloth wipes, or just use warm water. I got the wipe warmer from Amazon, but threw all packaging away. I decided to e-mail Prince Lionheart to seek a refund under warranty. I'm a bit concerned about their quality control and wonder what other defects are leaving their factory if they are letting out products that do not even turn on. Yes, in the past 10 days my propensity to worry about small risks has increased dramatically!!!!! :errrr:

Puppmom, We use a stainless still cylinder type trashcan (with the lid that pops-up by foot), and it seems to be ok so far. The foot control is essential, I think. I have two white liners (forget which brand). Two liners seem to be plenty.

Puppmom

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Swimmer, I have the extra dry cycle on my dryer too but I've been noticing I need an extra 10-15 minutes on top of that.

Miscka, so far I'm leaning toward the FBs. The BGs don't seem to fit N as well. He's a little round! :naughty: I finally prepped my Gro-babies enough to use them and he's wearing one now. I like the ease of them but they have a short rise (they're about 1/2 inch below his belly button on the biggest setting). I heard the Gro-vias have a higher rise so, if that's my only issue, I'll look to get some Gro-vias. I'll keep you posted!

Blenheim

Ideal_Rock
Our diaper pail/trash can doesn't have a foot thing, but I open it before I start changing the diaper and it stays open. I think some way of having it open during the change without touching it with your hands is key.

Pupp - that's funny that FB fit your little chunk better than BG. They fit my little string bean well too. I guess they're just really adjustable!

LV - Glad to hear that you got the settings sorted out so that they're getting dry.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results