shape
carat
color
clarity

Close up of Paris Hilton''s Ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Veronika

Shiny_Rock
Another pic of the ring...

53175099.jpg

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I like the setting a lot, but I don''t understand why she got such a large diamond. A smaller emerald cut would look amazing in that setting but 23-24 carats is just too large. It is a nice ring though!
1.gif

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think they were clipped that way, I think they were bit down. They just look unpolished, plain. When nails are clipped down short, that means usually they are right down to the edge of the finger. Hers are past that, so that the skin at the tip of her fingers is showing. It''s just not very attractive, IMO, especially for someone who can afford to take nice care of them. We''re not saying put 3 foot acrylics on...
2.gif

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Ooh...I just noticed that. They are really short. Thanks. Like man hands:)

IrishEyes

Brilliant_Rock
LOL, yup that would be a good way to describe them!!
16.gif

jamie1963

Rough_Rock
Hmmmm...same setting maybe 1/2 the size? It''s SO gaudy!!! It must be nice.
31.gif

icekid

Ideal_Rock
um, ewwww. gaudy and classless, just like paris.

LadyluvsLuxury

Brilliant_Rock
I have to agree with the general consensus...you definitely can have too much of a good thing even in diamods Personally I think 5 carats would be ideal for me even with a $3million dollar budget....now I am curious to see her mom''s e-ring...I have also been wanting to see Bill Gates'' wife e-ring as well...

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with everyone who posted. Her center stone is a little too big. I think for celebrities, a good size ER will be around 5-10 carats. It does look like a cocktail ring at that carat weight. Her ring seems a size too big, it''s spins around all the time.

I don''t think her nails look horrible, but I do think they don''t look good, espescially not measured up to our own nails. Am I the only one who posted so far that like Paris? Can''t dislike or hate someone if we don''t even know them that well....

I do want to see her mom''s ring and Katie Holmes'' ring...if anyone has a picture...thanks.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~No, Milly you aren''t alone here... I like Paris too! How I do envy her a little though...lol
27.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/30/2005 6:11:47 PM
Author: soulsis
Geez...am I the only one who thinks her nails look FINE! You can''t even tell if she''s got rough cuticles or what? Maybe I am missing the point. Not everyone wants hooker talons, right? My nails are clipped right down short. Some people just do not like long nails. I fish and camp and long nails are anything but practical for me.
You''re not the only one who thinks Paris''s nails look fine. I wouldn''t have even noticed had I not read through these comments here.

And, my nails are also clipped short as I do NOT like long nails, so I agree that long colorful nails aren''t for everyone.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I prefer short unpolished nails too. Yeah the ring is kind of gawdy but thats her style.

Kamuelamom

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmmmmm, hope this doesn''t offend any PH fans, but it looks kinda Cracker Jackey to me.
20.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Ouch!!! It looks painful, but I guess painfully beautiful??

I do like the design, but the size is a bit out of scale for my tastes. Liz Taylor could maybe pull this sucker off. She''s a woman that knows how to wear jewels and can carry a piece instead of the bauble knocking her to the ground.

zoobiedo

Shiny_Rock
FUGLY!!No, I am not jealous either. What a waste of money but that seems to be what the Hilton family is about.

reena

Ideal_Rock
i don''t "like" paris but i am definitely fascinated by her! hate to admit it, but it''s true! her and the olsen twins, what can i say? i lap it up like veuve clicquot!

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Reena, LOL--me too. I am an incurable pop-culture ho. (Although I kind of can''t handle Paris--her no-affect monotone drives me nuts)

That honker is WAY too big, but the setting is pretty...it''s like a GINORMOUS version of the Daniel K rosebud but w/ side stones instead of pave on the shank.

"Mr. Paris" Hee.
3.gif

Kaili

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/1/2005 6:03:04 PM
Author: reena
i don''t ''like'' paris but i am definitely fascinated by her! hate to admit it, but it''s true! her and the olsen twins, what can i say? i lap it up like veuve clicquot!
I''ll toast with some Grande Dame and flip through People Magazine with ya, Reena!
2.gif

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Thoughts on the ring...too big and gaudy. And way too much money spent on one item of jewelry. I agree with the person who said she could have got a smaller diamond and donated some of the 3 mil to charity. Think of how many Habitat for Humanity homes that could have built or how far that money could have gone toward Tsunami relief efforts or something like that? But, I''m not a rich heiress engaged to rich heir, so I don''t know what I''d do if I had that kind of money to spend...but I''d like to think I''d do something more altruistic than buying a ring that''s bigger than my head if I had that much money to spend...
5.gif

Thoughts on her nails...grotty! I too keep my nails short because of my lifestyle, but I keep them clean and nicely trimmed and manicured even though they are not long. Her nails looked kinda grimy and almost like she bites them in those pics. Maybe they just look that way in the picture. Hard to say.

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/30/2005 8:45:01 PM
Author: Milly
I agree with everyone who posted. Her center stone is a little too big. I think for celebrities, a good size ER will be around 5-10 carats. It does look like a cocktail ring at that carat weight. Her ring seems a size too big, it''s spins around all the time.

I don''t think her nails look horrible, but I do think they don''t look good, espescially not measured up to our own nails. Am I the only one who posted so far that like Paris? Can''t dislike or hate someone if we don''t even know them that well....

I do want to see her mom''s ring and Katie Holmes'' ring...if anyone has a picture...thanks.

I don''t like her or dislike her. I just think she''s a bit silly.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think perhaps a smaller ring would have been in order, but she strikes me a some what selfdoubting and seems like the type who would be worried if someone else had a bigger center stone, not much chance of that now. Personally I figure its their money they ought to do what makes them happy. I am sure they are getting taxed to hell and back anyway...can you iamgine the sales tax on a three million dollar ring, makes me quesy. I think the second photo of it made it look much for in size. Perhaps she make it into a pendent and wear something more resonable like 12cts....anyone see Shaqs ring? He proposed with a 14ct ring...and that was nearly a decade ago. As long as she is happy that is what counts...I wonder what sort insurence she has on that thing.

cutes814

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/2/2005 2:29:21 AM
Author: Kaili

i don''t ''like'' paris but i am definitely fascinated by her! hate to admit it, but it''s true! her and the olsen twins, what can i say? i lap it up like veuve clicquot!
I''ll toast with some Grande Dame and flip through People Magazine with ya, Reena!
2.gif

I am fascinated with celebrities as well. It''s a bad habit of mine....I love to read US weekly and Star magazines. Speaking of Star magazine, has anyone seen the picture of Angelina Jolie''s new 9.5 carat ring? It looks soooooooo good. If anyone can get a picture, please post it for all to see. Really, really nice....
30.gif

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
Well, well, well...

in the Gettyimages shot I, for one, like it but yes, it could be a teeny bit smaller.

Her fingers and arms seem pretty long so it''s not a distaster at all IMO. For some reason, it might have been more interesting in say, rose gold. The size is great though...a lanky long-fingered woman can wear chunkier pieces well.

I guess I''m a ''rarely too big'' girl.
3.gif
& OMG if I had a ring like that (with minor changes) I''d forget about my nails for a while too.

"Fingernails, what are fingernails?"

Maybe when she regains her sight, she can focus on the little details. Ah.... to have such ''problems''.
26.gif

TheDiamondangel

Shiny_Rock
I''m surprised their jeweler didn''t suggest a euroshank, or at the very least a wider shank in the back to prevent that dreaded ring spin. Ick.

soulsis

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/1/2005 1:14:21 AM
Author: MichelleCarmen
Date: 6/30/2005 6:11:47 PM

Geez...am I the only one who thinks her nails look FINE! You can''t even tell if she''s got rough cuticles or what? Maybe I am missing the point. Not everyone wants hooker talons, right? My nails are clipped right down short. Some people just do not like long nails. I fish and camp and long nails are anything but practical for me.
You''re not the only one who thinks Paris''s nails look fine. I wouldn''t have even noticed had I not read through these comments here.

And, my nails are also clipped short as I do NOT like long nails, so I agree that long colorful nails aren''t for everyone.

MC.....Is that a picture of you in your avatar?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/5/2005 1:29:06 PM

MC.....Is that a picture of you in your avatar?
hahaha - if only! It''s actually Angelina Jolie. lol!
2.gif

MaybeDayze

Shiny_Rock
Michelle Carmen,
I always thought it was a pic of Mia Tyler.
(Steven Tyler''s - Model Daughter.)
It looks just like her.

MarLo

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/5/2005 2:53:59 PM
Author: MarLoRey
Michelle Carmen,

I always thought it was a pic of Mia Tyler.

(Steven Tyler''s - Model Daughter.)

It looks just like her.

MarLo
haha I thought it was cindy crawford!

paris'' ring just seems too big.

dazedland

Shiny_Rock
Date: 7/4/2005 6:57:03 PM
Author: Milly

Date: 7/2/2005 2:29:21 AM
Author: Kaili

2.gif

I am fascinated with celebrities as well. It''s a bad habit of mine....I love to read US weekly and Star magazines. Speaking of Star magazine, has anyone seen the picture of Angelina Jolie''s new 9.5 carat ring? It looks soooooooo good. If anyone can get a picture, please post it for all to see. Really, really nice....
30.gif
Me too! Can''t get enough of In Touch, US Weekly, and People (People is sometimes a little to high-class/tasteful to satisfy my celeb curiousity
21.gif
). Here''s a picture of Angelina Jolie''s ring, however I think it was just borrowed not bought. Who knows, but it is absolutely GORGEOUS!!!

ajring.jpg

kaylagee

Brilliant_Rock
3.gif
18.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results