Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Close to deciding on this 2.6 CT MRB. Would love input!!

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Joined
Mar 31, 2016
Messages
76
Been looking at stones in person and online for weeks. I'm pretty set on this one at GOG and will be ordering it in the next day or two to see it in person. I know it's not perfect (SI2 and crown angle, etc) but at this point, I think this is as good as it's going to get. This diamond hunting business can become very all consuming and I'm ready to be done with the hunt.

Before I finalize the order, I'd love to hear your thoughts to see if I missed something. Thanks!!

MRB
2.6 CT

GIA EX EX EX
H color
SI2 (mostly eye clean. this is the biggest factor. I'll have to see for myself when I receive it)

depth: 61.9
table: 57
crown: 36
pavilion: 40.6

girdle: med to slightly thick
culet: none

Med Blue fluorescence (supposedly makes it look like a G)

HCA: 1.8
Enchanted Diamond score: 94.37

8.8 mm

screen_shot_2016-04-11_at_1_2.png
screen_shot_2016-04-11_at_1_1.png screen_shot_2016-04-11_at_1_0.png screen_shot_2016-04-11_at_1.png
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,611
So the stone is at GOG? I was confused as to why there is an ED score. That is never something to use except when looking at stones they have listed.

The images look good for light return. I am not sure what mostly eyeclean means. Did they make a video of the stone for you?
 

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Joined
Mar 31, 2016
Messages
76
diamondseeker2006|1460403255|4018012 said:
So the stone is at GOG? I was confused as to why there is an ED score. That is never something to use except when looking at stones they have listed.

The images look good for light return. I am not sure what mostly eyeclean means. Did they make a video of the stone for you?
Yes, it's at GOG. I just saw some ppl post ED scores so I looked it up just in case. haha. No idea!

Yes, they did make a video comparing an F color with the H color. The stone I am considering is the H on the right. I do notice some inclusions in the video but I'm hoping they will be less noticeable in person and prongable. It won't bother me if they're there as long as not super noticeable to the naked eye casually glancing.

Here's the video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ypj7mPDEzhU
 

msop04

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
9,776
I'd be ON. THAT. For that size/specs/cut, it would be perfectly eye-clean to me! Beautiful!! :love:

My new stone is an SI2 -- with a white feather being the "deciding factor" for that grading. I can see it only in direct sunlight at a very specific angle when the stone goes "dark"... It doesn't bother me ONE. BIT. because I can barely even find it that way. All I see is a big 'ole ball of sparkly -- I bet that's all you'll see as well!! :bigsmile:
 

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Joined
Mar 31, 2016
Messages
76
msop04|1460405658|4018031 said:
I'd be ON. THAT. For that size/specs/cut, it would be perfectly eye-clean to me! Beautiful!! :love:

My new stone is an SI2 -- with a white feather being the "deciding factor" for that grading. I can see it only in direct sunlight at a very specific angle when the stone goes "dark"... It doesn't bother me ONE. BIT. because I can barely even find it that way. All I see is a big 'ole ball of sparkly -- I bet that's all you'll see as well!! :bigsmile:
I really hope so! I sort of have my heart set on this one because it's by far the best I've found for the specs, my price range, etc so far.

Post more pics of your stunner. I can't get enough of it! Looks huge!!
 

msop04

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
9,776
girlmom|1460406210|4018034 said:
msop04|1460405658|4018031 said:
I'd be ON. THAT. For that size/specs/cut, it would be perfectly eye-clean to me! Beautiful!! :love:

My new stone is an SI2 -- with a white feather being the "deciding factor" for that grading. I can see it only in direct sunlight at a very specific angle when the stone goes "dark"... It doesn't bother me ONE. BIT. because I can barely even find it that way. All I see is a big 'ole ball of sparkly -- I bet that's all you'll see as well!! :bigsmile:
I really hope so! I sort of have my heart set on this one because it's by far the best I've found for the specs, my price range, etc so far.

Post more pics of your stunner. I can't get enough of it! Looks huge!!
Thanks, girlmom! I'll post more pics in 5-6 weeks when I get my new setting! ;)) I think you're gonna LOVE that diamond! It is absolutely gorgeous!! CONGRATS!! :appl: :appl:
 

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Jan 11, 2006
Messages
55,611
I would think that in real life viewing the inclusions would be very hard to see. You are talking about 8.8 mm as opposed to those giant magnified videos! Hoping you will love it!
 

msop04

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
9,776
diamondseeker2006|1460407124|4018042 said:
I would think that in real life viewing the inclusions would be very hard to see. You are talking about 8.8 mm as opposed to those giant magnified videos! Hoping you will love it!
I agree with DS... I know if I'd seen a super-magnified image of my stone, I probably would've had a heart attack! ...and not in a good way, either -- like, an actual cardiac episode, then nausea. But, IRL, it's ALL. GOOD. ;)) ;)) :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
 

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Joined
Mar 31, 2016
Messages
76
diamondseeker2006|1460407124|4018042 said:
I would think that in real life viewing the inclusions would be very hard to see. You are talking about 8.8 mm as opposed to those giant magnified videos! Hoping you will love it!
Thanks! I really hope so too and can't wait to finally post on the "show me the bling" page. :lol:
 

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Joined
Mar 31, 2016
Messages
76
msop04|1460408517|4018059 said:
diamondseeker2006|1460407124|4018042 said:
I would think that in real life viewing the inclusions would be very hard to see. You are talking about 8.8 mm as opposed to those giant magnified videos! Hoping you will love it!
I agree with DS... I know if I'd seen a super-magnified image of my stone, I probably would've had a heart attack! ...and not in a good way, either -- like, an actual cardiac episode, then nausea. But, IRL, it's ALL. GOOD. ;)) ;)) :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Finally purchased this stone a couple days ago! Should have it in a couple of weeks right in time for our 10 year Anniv. Thanks so much for all your help!!!!
 

msop04

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
9,776
girlmom said:
msop04|1460408517|4018059 said:
diamondseeker2006|1460407124|4018042 said:
I would think that in real life viewing the inclusions would be very hard to see. You are talking about 8.8 mm as opposed to those giant magnified videos! Hoping you will love it!
I agree with DS... I know if I'd seen a super-magnified image of my stone, I probably would've had a heart attack! ...and not in a good way, either -- like, an actual cardiac episode, then nausea. But, IRL, it's ALL. GOOD. ;)) ;)) :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Finally purchased this stone a couple days ago! Should have it in a couple of weeks right in time for our 10 year Anniv. Thanks so much for all your help!!!!
YAAAAAYYYYY!!! I'm so excited for you!! [emoji95][emoji1363][emoji95] [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]
 

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Joined
Mar 31, 2016
Messages
76
msop04|1460835452|4020119 said:
girlmom said:
msop04|1460408517|4018059 said:
diamondseeker2006|1460407124|4018042 said:
I would think that in real life viewing the inclusions would be very hard to see. You are talking about 8.8 mm as opposed to those giant magnified videos! Hoping you will love it!
I agree with DS... I know if I'd seen a super-magnified image of my stone, I probably would've had a heart attack! ...and not in a good way, either -- like, an actual cardiac episode, then nausea. But, IRL, it's ALL. GOOD. ;)) ;)) :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Finally purchased this stone a couple days ago! Should have it in a couple of weeks right in time for our 10 year Anniv. Thanks so much for all your help!!!!
YAAAAAYYYYY!!! I'm so excited for you!! [emoji95][emoji1363][emoji95] [emoji322][emoji322][emoji322]
Thanks! Only you PS ladies would care and understand my excitement fully. :love:
 

girlmom

Rough_Rock
Joined
Mar 31, 2016
Messages
76
SirDiamondGod|1461082632|4021169 said:
**edited by moderator, please read our policies for trade members to keep the forum unbiased**
I thought med blue wasn't that big of an issue and that it could actually help the color face up more white. Where are you getting that price? I paid significantly more than that and we negotiated down quite a bit. All the research I've done (looked at literally hundreds of stones all within that carat weight, similar colors, etc) and none of them are in that price range.
 

Texas Leaguer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Joined
Jul 27, 2009
Messages
3,188
SirDiamondGod|1461082632|4021169 said:
**edited by moderator, please read our policies for trade members to keep the forum unbiased**
This is very questionable advice.

First, it is a violation of forum policy for trade members to make comments like this about another vendor's stone.

Second, Si2 is a very wide category. The difference in sell price could be significantly different depending on the nature of the Si2 grade.

And third, medium blue fluorescence will not negatively impact the sell price (all other things equal) of a stone with this color and clarity combo.
 

msop04

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Dec 3, 2011
Messages
9,776
SirDiamondGod said:
**edited by moderator, please read our policies for trade members to keep the forum unbiased**
Ummmm... That price sounds EXTREMELY low and, quite frankly, too good to be true. How on Earth did you come up with this number?? [emoji15]
 

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Joined
Feb 12, 2011
Messages
4,567
msop04|1461099098|4021362 said:
SirDiamondGod said:
**edited by moderator, please read our policies for trade members to keep the forum unbiased**
Ummmm... That price sounds EXTREMELY low and, quite frankly, too good to be true. How on Earth did you come up with this number?? [emoji15]
He's a troll! Pretending he is a diamond dealer. And he will be a short timer breaking forum rules. :nono:
 
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    June’s Birthstone Trinity
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Memorial Day Jewelry 2020
    Van Cleef & Arpels Perlee Clovers Bracelet
    Van Cleef & Arpels Perlee Clovers Bracelet

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor



Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.

New posts

Top