shape
carat
color
clarity

Clear diamond cloudy in the sun, 41 pavillion 33.5 crown vs1 - why?

blueMA

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, useful to know, beautiful diamonds.

I've mostly been assessing them more or less from a bit of distance and the overall sparkles in various lighting due to my aging eyes. Surprisingly, I'm extremely content with finding a very good match for my 34/41/80 stone, and at their smaller sizes I'd gather most people won't notice much difference.

Ironically, I felt like I had to settle for the second stone closer to the Tolkowsky ideal proportions, but I ended up with the choice after tirelessly eliminating myriad stones from all available vendors for too long, especially after seeing too many bad 34/41s. I ended up choosing the second stone because its Idealscope images and the arrow patterns were surprisingly similar to the 34/41 in appearance.

It's enjoyable looking at the performance nuances side by side because I enjoy experiments by my nature. If I were to choose another larger stone, I'll personally probably look for another 34/41/80 combo - the stone seems impervious to obstructions and looks brighter and prettier at all angles when I look at them through x3 magnifying glass.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results