shape
carat
color
clarity

Clarity Enhanced Diamond -- I want one, but should I?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jojocouger7|1389100730|3588107 said:
My hubby and I just celebrated our 10 yr annuversary. After about 6 months of research, I weighed up the options of buying an eye clean large diamond but for a great price. I bought a RB 2.52 ct CE diamond off EBay from Briiliant Rocks in USA, and it is a D SI1 (after enhancement) with excellent polish, symmetry and ideal cut grade. I got the price down to $9,000 AUD and I was pretty nervous and anxious about what was going to turn up in the mail.. It is absolutely gorgeous!! It is so spakly, white, absolutely eye clean. and BIG. it was so flawless that I took my diamond to an independent jeweller/appraiser to make sure it was in fact a diamond and he was amazed at the quality and price and commented that if his wife ever wanted a larger stone, he would do exactly the same as me and buy her a CE diamond. He is now setting it for me and I will post pics once he has finished.. Very excited!
I just wated to put this thread out there as I respect everybody's opinion but there is so much negativity about CE diamonds.. Not everyone can afford $20,00 or $30,000 for un untreated diamond.. So I say do lots of research and spend time looking for that special diamond.
If I had a 9K budget I'd buy a nice 1.15 ct stone.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hope you are lucky and it holds up. Make sure you come back here and tell us when it cracks.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1389113359|3588243 said:
I hope you are lucky and it holds up. Make sure you come back here and tell us when it cracks.

I had someone bring me a CE diamond over here, asking if he should buy it from an Afghani vendor on my base. I told him to take out his lighter, and heat the stone. He couldn't believe his eyes when the glass melted right out of the stone. :appl: :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Andelain|1389196465|3588851 said:
AprilBaby|1389113359|3588243 said:

I had someone bring me a CE diamond over here, asking if he should buy it from an Afghani vendor on my base. I told him to take out his lighter, and heat the stone. He couldn't believe his eyes when the glass melted right out of the stone. :appl: :appl:

Did he wind up having to pay for it?

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Nope. He took it back and told the vendor he didn't want it. The vendor had told him it was completely natural. :knockout: It was a terrible looking stone even before the treatment came out. :knockout: :knockout:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results