shape
carat
color
clarity

Citrine Project!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
This is white gold though...

P11071518.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve been gravitating towards the trillions for some reason lately. Also in love with this one.

Like, in love to the point of checking the credit card balance.

2019dr.jpg

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I totally hijacked your thread Irishgrrrl. Sorry! Back to looking for citrines, LOL!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/29/2008 5:28:40 PM
Author: geckodani
I''ve been gravitating towards the trillions for some reason lately. Also in love with this one.

Like, in love to the point of checking the credit card balance.

GORGEOUS! I hope your CC can handle the purchase!
30.gif
See what an enabler I am??
3.gif
11.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! No problem Dani, it was totally worth it . . . that thing is gorgeous!!! What exactly is it, and is it yours yet?!?!
31.gif

And I love the ring you posted! I wonder if I could get it custom made somewhere in 18k YG, with claw prongs. Maybe WhiteFlash?
33.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Definitely check out WF! I''ve run a few things by them before, and they''ve always been really helpful. They could probably help you find a citrine as well! I went on a hunt last night and kept running into 14carat monsters and not a lot else, LOL.

That is an Imperial Amethyst from forevergemstones.com. It''s heat treated, but I''m not a purist and don''t care.

I left the page up on DH''s computer last night and told him if he was lacking birthday presents for me I would like one please, LOL. I also provided the link to the small rounds that would make great earrings.
11.gif

http://www.forevergemstones.com/proddetail.php?ProdID=2030
http://www.forevergemstones.com/proddetail.php?ProdID=2019

He cracks me up too. When he saw that it was heat treated he just kind of clucked under his breath. I laughed and said I didn''t care, it''s gorgeous.

The man''s a purist.

2030dr.jpg

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh, "heat-treated" be damned! He has GOT to buy it for you, purist or not! And you don''t want the round one . . . you want the cushion!!!
31.gif
30.gif

And I know what you mean about the honkin'' big citrines! It seems like every one I see is 10 carats plus!
6.gif

Of course, it would really be nice if people would take pictures of the stones next to a quarter or something, so we could tell how big "X" number of carats actually is!!!
20.gif

I have a rough idea of what, for example, five carats looks like in a diamond, but how does that translate to citrines? I don''t know how citrines compare to diamonds in terms of weight? Would a citrine face up bigger or smaller than a diamond of the same weight?
40.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
The cushion is for a ring. The rounds are destined for earrings, LOL!!

Hmm - maybe try looking for calibrated stones that give you the millimeters so you can figoure out how big they are.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OH, well in that case . . . you''ll just have to get the rounds AND the cushion, so you''ll have a matching set! LOL!
11.gif
31.gif

The calibrated stones route sounds like a good one. It''s just SO hard to judge size based on the pictures on the seller''s website!
39.gif

Perhaps I''ll have to invest in a millimeter ruler sometime soon, and then start drawing perfectly-sized little squares all over my fingers . . .
27.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 9:04:32 AM
Author: Irishgrrrl
OH, well in that case . . . you''ll just have to get the rounds AND the cushion, so you''ll have a matching set! LOL!
11.gif
31.gif

The calibrated stones route sounds like a good one. It''s just SO hard to judge size based on the pictures on the seller''s website!
39.gif

Perhaps I''ll have to invest in a millimeter ruler sometime soon, and then start drawing perfectly-sized little squares all over my fingers . . .
27.gif
I didn''t have the ruler out last night. Nope, not me. I definitely wasn''t mapping out the MM sizing of that cushion amethyst.
emangel.gif

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is great that the DH is such a purist... but for the price of the stones..... you can''t beat it. I hope they become yours in the near future. They have a spectacular color. YUMMY royal purple!!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL! Dani, I''m glad I''m not the only one!
9.gif

BTW, I just subscribed to Jeff White''s newsletter.
11.gif
I guess I''m a confirmed colored stone addict now!!!
18.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 9:19:15 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
That is great that the DH is such a purist... but for the price of the stones..... you can''t beat it. I hope they become yours in the near future. They have a spectacular color. YUMMY royal purple!!!!
Yeah, his purist attitude got me the D, VS2, .75, Ideal diamond that sits on my hand.
9.gif

But for the price and color of those amethysts -they can heat ''em up ''til the cows come home for all I care, LOL! Bday is Aug 19th, so we''ll see! Hopefully I can hold out until then...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 9:27:37 AM
LOL! Dani, I''m glad I''m not the only one!
9.gif

BTW, I just subscribed to Jeff White''s newsletter.
11.gif
I guess I''m a confirmed colored stone addict now!!!
18.gif
I did too, LMAO!

And no, you''re not alone...

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I am just really impressed with Jeff White''s work! Especially those asschers!!!
23.gif

I think I will e-mail him and see if he has any asscher (or possibly cushion) citrines that are about 12mm x 12mm or maybe slightly smaller. Wish me luck!
9.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got my fingers crossed for you!!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanx, Dani! I just e-mailed him and I''ll let y''all know when I hear back!
4.gif

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
couldn''t resist posting some of Richard Homer''s...

5101citweb.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
one more

5170citweb.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/30/2008 9:04:32 AM
11.gif
31.gif

39.gif

27.gif

Also--there''s a great chart online that shows diamond sizing by carat and millimeter. If you google "diamond sizing chart" or something like that it should come up. I used that when I was trying to find what mm size I wanted.

For reference, my stone is 7.5mm square and is roughly equivalent to a 2 carat diamond of the same size. I have pretty small fingers (size 4.5) so you can get an idea of what that size looks like if you look at the thread I posted pictures in.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Miss Pinky! I checked out your thread, and may I say, that is one GORGEOUS stone!!!
3.gif

I am SO torn . . . I love Richard Homer''s stuff, and Jeff White''s too. I''m just not sure that I want the concave facets that Richard H. does so well. Although I think they''re AMAZING, I''m kinda looking to do a step-cut (I think). And Jeff White''s asschers are out of this world!
18.gif

The sketch of your setting is beautiful, BTW! I''m sure the finished product will be PERFECT, and I can''t wait to see!!!
30.gif

I''m still pondering the setting for mine. I''m thinking pave diamonds everywhere, a split shank, possibly with a halo, and DEFINITELY claw prongs! What do y''all think?
21.gif

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I still haven''t heard back from Jeff White, but I also e-mailed Richard Homer, who did get back to me very quickly!
27.gif

Richard says he doesn''t think an asscher cut will work as well as a cushion cut with concave facets. I really had my heart set on an asscher.
7.gif

But, the more I look at the cushion cuts on his website, the more I like them! Those concave facets are pretty cool . . .

So, I need HELP!!! What do y''all think I should do:

1) BEG Richard H. to cut me an asscher and hope he says "yes,"

2) Let Richard H. do a cushion cut with concave facets (which seems to be what he recommends),

3) Ask Richard H. if he can do a cushion cut without concave facets, or

4) Hold out for a reply from Jeff White and try to get him to cut me an asscher.

This is so hard!!!
32.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I''d wait to hear from Jeff White before you make any final decisions. The Richard Homer cuts are spectacular, but if it''s not what you want - keep looking.

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani, I know what you mean! They really are spectacular, and I wish I knew what I want! LOL!
19.gif

Richard said he would be happy to cut a stone for me and e-mail me pictures to see if I like it. If not, that''s no problem . . . he would just put it into his inventory and I have no obligation to buy it. WOW, is that ever tempting!!!
3.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Seriously! Any idea how much his stones run?

Man, they are freaking gorgeous. That first one MissPinky posted is to DIE FOR. The color is awesome. Did you see this one?

5169citweb.jpg

misspinky

Brilliant_Rock
I''m not sure about his pricing on citrines, but I know there was a citrine spinner from FlyGirl''s post of the roundtable that was listed as 14.47 carats for $2250. So, that''s what...$155/carat? I''m not sure if that would be consistent for all citrines though, but just to get an idea...

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I officially need to wait until DH is out of law school and actually a lawyer before purchasing anything from Richard Homer or Jeff White, LOL!!

Irishgrrrl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Girls, he DID give me a price range!!!
36.gif

He said, depending on the type and exact size of citrine, I''d be looking at somewhere between $300 and $700. (I''m considering somewhere in the 10mm x 10mm to 12mm x 12mm range.) I think that''s purdy darn reasonable for an RH stone, dontcha think?!?!
6.gif

He says the darker orange/red citrines are more expensive, which is good because I like the light, kinda pastel orange color!
31.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2008 3:19:30 PM
Girls, he DID give me a price range!!!
36.gif

He said, depending on the type and exact size of citrine, I''d be looking at somewhere between $300 and $700. (I''m considering somewhere in the 10mm x 10mm to 12mm x 12mm range.) I think that''s purdy darn reasonable for an RH stone, dontcha think?!?!
6.gif

He says the darker orange/red citrines are more expensive, which is good because I like the light, kinda pastel orange color!
31.gif
Definitely reasonable.
1.gif
Too funny that you like the lighter ones! Worked out well though!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results