shape
carat
color
clarity

Citrine Asscher Project

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Greetings Ladies & Gentlemen

This is my first post after many, many months of lurking. Until now, I didn''t really have anything to offer and could see I had much to learn. You folks are certainly a knowledgable and insightful bunch.

I am very much hoping you will be able to offer me some advice about my most recent acquisition. I fear a monster has been unleashed within me, since I have been reading this forum and gemologyonline I have made one or two gemstone acquistions. Probably would have bought more, but some of you ladies have beaten me to it.

I consider myself very fortunate to have found the beautiful citrine asscher as pictured in my avatar. It''s truly a lovely warm and glowing stone, cut by Peter Torraca, but I am a bit unsure as to what to do with it. I had been searching for a ring stone and am absolutely in love with asschers. Only trouble is, I fear it is a bit to deep for a ring. It will sit so high on my finger, I shall be afraid of constantly knocking it and the last thing I want to do is damage it. It''s 6.51 cts, 11.21 mm square and 8.97 mm deep.

So question is, what shall I do with it. Whilst I like the idea of building a gemstone collection, I really want to wear it and show it off. So if any of you have any insightful suggestions, I would be so grateful.

Regards from a sunny hot Calgary (at long last)

Gailey

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Not sure I''ve got this photo thing right yet. My avatar picture doesn''t seem very good, let''s see if this is any better.

citrine asscher.jpg

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
If you are concerned about wearing it has a ring, you can put it in a pendant. Depending on your taste, I think it would look good with a bezel around it. If you want somthing with a little more glamour, you could put a halo around it.

ETA: Cool stone, great cut and color!

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
My birthstone, my favorite!

I think it would look amazing as a pendant, maybe with a matching asscher diamond above it, both set in a halo.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 12:08:16 AM
Author:Gailey
Greetings Ladies & Gentlemen

This is my first post after many, many months of lurking. Until now, I didn''t really have anything to offer and could see I had much to learn. You folks are certainly a knowledgable and insightful bunch.

I am very much hoping you will be able to offer me some advice about my most recent acquisition. I fear a monster has been unleashed within me, since I have been reading this forum and gemologyonline I have made one or two gemstone acquistions. Probably would have bought more, but some of you ladies have beaten me to it.

I consider myself very fortunate to have found the beautiful citrine asscher as pictured in my avatar. It''s truly a lovely warm and glowing stone, cut by Peter Torraca, but I am a bit unsure as to what to do with it. I had been searching for a ring stone and am absolutely in love with asschers. Only trouble is, I fear it is a bit to deep for a ring. It will sit so high on my finger, I shall be afraid of constantly knocking it and the last thing I want to do is damage it. It''s 6.51 cts, 11.21 mm square and 8.97 mm deep.

So question is, what shall I do with it. Whilst I like the idea of building a gemstone collection, I really want to wear it and show it off. So if any of you have any insightful suggestions, I would be so grateful.

Regards from a sunny hot Calgary (at long last)

Gailey

If you can''t think of anything send it to me!
9.gif

It is beautiful! ANOTHER stunning asscher.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It''s lovely. I think a pendant would be great in that size of stone.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for your suggestions.

I was leaning towards a pendant. I love bezel set stones. My ER is a bezel set, oval yellow topaz with a diamond halo. Although there is no comparing the asscer citrine to my ER, there would be a certain symmetry to have them set similarly. Chances are that I would wear them together.

Having said that, I found the following picture, which knocked my socks off. I''m sorry, but I don''t remember where the photo is from, so if the ring belongs to a member of this forum, please accept my apologies for not crediting you

citrine asscher ring - resized.jpg

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Pretty! I love the photo of the ring you just posted. If you don''t go for something like that I pendant would look great and you can get pretty creative. What about a brooch that can also be a pendant?

stacy

Shiny_Rock
Ooh -- Gailey! The citrine is stunning. I am a ring fanatic, so I''m always like, "Set it in a ring..." But a pendant would be nice too!

I really would love to see pics of your engagement ring though... You mentioned it''s a yellow topz with diamonds?! I bet it is super unique and totally stunning!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/17/2008 6:52:35 PM
Author: Gailey
Thank you so much for your suggestions.

I was leaning towards a pendant. I love bezel set stones. My ER is a bezel set, oval yellow topaz with a diamond halo. Although there is no comparing the asscer citrine to my ER, there would be a certain symmetry to have them set similarly. Chances are that I would wear them together.

Having said that, I found the following picture, which knocked my socks off. I''m sorry, but I don''t remember where the photo is from, so if the ring belongs to a member of this forum, please accept my apologies for not crediting you

That ring is actually from QVC of all places I think!!!

It''s a gorgeous stone, but I agree that 9mm is going to sit very high off your finger if made into a ring. I agree that a pendant would be gorgeous though! You could do the same type of halo but in a pendant.

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
30.gif
Such a beautiful stone - i love it! I think a pendant would be lovely with a halo and i too would love to see more pics of your ering - the one you posted in another thread was too small to see how pretty it is
31.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results