monarch64|1482540849|4109270 said:
ruby59|1482524934|4109235 said:
monarch64|1482466430|4109129 said:
VRBeauty|1482458312|4109102 said:
monarch64|1482448267|4109075 said:
kenny|1482442423|4109063 said:
BILLIONS poopoo science.
BILLIONS!

Apparently 1.2 billion believe a virgin had a baby.
Need I say more?

Critical thinking is dying.
Science has been Trumped by whatever makes you feel good.

Many (not all) are taught from basically birth not to question the existence of the family's chosen deity and encouraged to have absolute, blind faith. So it follows that what they are taught during their formative years overrides those shreds of human logic and rationale in their brains. And they are right to be skeptical of science and question human ideas/theories/concepts--after all humans are the very ones who've exploited the human fear of death and the unfamiliar to keep each other in line for thousands of years, the sheisters. Hmmm, who else exploits entire populations' fear of the unfamiliar? Muslims? Mexicans? But hey, let's all hush and give him a CHANCE, people, gosh darn it! :wall:

Please don't make the mistake of believing that all people who believe in a God also eschew science. John Glenn is just one example of people who are part of a mainstream religion, but still believe in scientific principles. (https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...n-saw-the-face-of-god/?utm_term=.807aa3b46157) And there are many religious sub-groups whose members are more likely than the populace as a whole to believe that climate change is real, and caused by human activity (http://www.pewinternet.org/2015/10/22/religion-and-views-on-climate-and-energy-issues/ - this is based on data gathered in 2010;
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...orced-by-new-research/?utm_term=.24f6fd6778f1) I suspect more current studies will show even stronger support for climate change theories and the need for greenhouse gas mitigation among the U.S. religious - just as the it's increasing among the general population. In fact Catholics - those fervent believers in the virgin birth - will likely show the largest shifts towards supporting climate change intervention, due to the current Pope's environmentalism. ;-)

No no no. I said "many" and "not all." I am well aware that not every person who practices a religion or simply has faith in a higher power is not capable of understanding and supporting science!

In another thread someone called people who voted for Trump idiots.

Then what would you call someone who made a statement such as above.

You do like to profile people you have absolutely no clue about.

1. Unclench.

2. Last I checked I am able to share my opinions about things here, just like everyone else. Go police someone else, lady, or put me on "ignore." Also, questions end in question marks, not periods. You're welcome! :wavey:

3. Shall we discuss racial profiling? Super interested in your thoughts on that subject.

And you continue to prove my point!!!!!!!!!!!!

:lol: You are absolutely adorable.

That would be adorable deplorable, according to mama Hillary.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: CIA: Russia helped Trump. TOP Reps calling for investiga

Why are you be calling yourself a deplorable Ruby? You have stated multiple times you did not vote for Trump.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1482597677|4109386 said:
Why are you be calling yourself a deplorable Ruby? You have stated multiple times you did not vote for Trump.

This.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Calliecake|1482597677|4109386 said:

You are just making an assumption because no where in my reply did I say I voted for Trump.

As I have stated numerous times, I voted for local bond issues only and left President blank.

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium

For someone who repeatedly states they did not vote for Trump, I am having a hard time understanding why you are constantly defending him. You certainly seem very passionate when it comes to defending Trump and Trump supporters for someone who didn't vote for him and doesn't agree with what he ran his campaign on. From what I have seen here the Clinton supporters and the Trump supporters have had no problem voicing their opinions.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Calliecake|1482783583|4109688 said:
For someone who repeatedly states they did not vote for Trump, I am having a hard time understanding why you are constantly defending him. You certainly seem very passionate when it comes to defending Trump and Trump supporters for someone who didn't vote for him and doesn't agree with what he ran his campaign on. From what I have seen here the Clinton supporters and the Trump supporters have had no problem voicing their opinions.

Trump won in a fair election. I respect that and the people who voted for him.

And I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt instead of acting like a rabid dog talking about impeachment before he has even taken office.

It is not that I am defending Trump but calling out all the hypocrites who mocked him for the exact same things they are whining about now.

hsharp

Rough_Rock

that's because you couldn't say it about Obama. I think everyone on here has probably had a president elected that they didn't personally like or vote for, that's not why people are against Trump. They are against him for what he represents and his beliefs and the lack of character and integrity he displays. He didn't really even have any policies anyone could object to; hes keeping them as a "surprise" remember, so all people can judge is what he says and what he does and what his behavior has been in the past, and honestly he just kinda sucks as a person.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

hsharp|1482812759|4109778 said:
that's because you couldn't say it about Obama. I think everyone on here has probably had a president elected that they didn't personally like or vote for, that's not why people are against Trump. They are against him for what he represents and his beliefs and the lack of character and integrity he displays. He didn't really even have any policies anyone could object to; hes keeping them as a "surprise" remember, so all people can judge is what he says and what he does and what his behavior has been in the past, and honestly he just kinda sucks as a person.

What I can say about Obama is to judge him on the actual time he was President.

And I can tell you that he was the worst President we have ever had. The world has never been so unsafe, the economy so bad, and this country so divided.

ObamaCare was a nightmare. And his true feelings for Israel have finally come out.

Now he is embarrassing himself even further by saying if he had run against Trump he would have won. Obama is the reason Trump was elected.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1482814934|4109781 said:

And I can tell you that he was the worst President we have ever had. The world has never been so unsafe, the economy so bad, and this country so divided.

ObamaCare was a nightmare. And his true feelings for Israel have finally come out.

Now he is embarrassing himself even further by saying if he had run against Trump he would have won. Obama is the reason Trump was elected.
Maybe Carter... :wink2:
Exactly!...What the Dems. failed to understand is that Americans are sick and tired of his liberal policies and that is the reason why HC lost the election, b/c she ran on a 3rd term Obama policies... :knockout:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

In my life by far it was Ronald Reagan. Bleech.

His firing of union workers set the stage for stagnant wages for blue collar America. Without union backing owners/stockholders have been able to hold the hourly and salary range down while being able to enrich themselves.

He gave us voodoo economics known as supply-side.. Rich got richer and the poor and middle class lost.

Because of Reagan, we have a huge homeless problem today, allowing the mentally ill to roam the streets.

He raised taxes after cutting taxes for the very rich and normal human beings, the then proceeded to raise taxes 11 times in his presidency with the WORST being taxing social security benefits, they should not be taxed.

He tripled the national debt. :(

He expanded the size of government. :(

Iran Contra.. selling arms to Iran (which was illegal) a horrible horrible thing.

these are just a few. selling arms to Iran and taxing social security income really really bug me.

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate|1482859869|4109861 said:

His firing of union workers set the stage for stagnant wages for blue collar America. Without union backing owners/stockholders have been able to hold the hourly and salary range down while being able to enrich themselves.

He gave us voodoo economics known as supply-side.. Rich got richer and the poor and middle class lost.

Because of Reagan, we have a huge homeless problem today, allowing the mentally ill to roam the streets.

He raised taxes after cutting taxes for the very rich and normal human beings, the then proceeded to raise taxes 11 times in his presidency with the WORST being taxing social security benefits, they should not be taxed.

He tripled the national debt. :( As opposed to what it is today?

He expanded the size of government. :( As opposed to what it is today?

Iran Contra.. selling arms to Iran (which was illegal) a horrible horrible thing. Fast and Furious selling guns to Mexican drug cartels?

these are just a few. selling arms to Iran and taxing social security income really really bug me.

As far as I know there have been 3 presidents and 27 years since Reagan. Sixteen years of that 27 was with a dem president. You need to stop blaming him for your list.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1482863900|4109867 said:

He tripled the national debt. :( As opposed to what it is today?

He expanded the size of government. :( As opposed to what it is today?

Iran Contra.. selling arms to Iran (which was illegal) a horrible horrible thing. Fast and Furious selling guns to Mexican drug cartels?

As far as I know there have been 3 presidents and 27 years since Reagan. Sixteen years of that 27 was with a dem president. You need to stop blaming him for your list.

We were discussing our LEAST favorite president, and mine is Reagan.. union busting still being felt today, I"m still being taxed on my social security.. he created the VA, a big of a program, it could easily be streamlined but everyone is afraid to touch it.. So I still feel the effects of Reagan, but I was putting in my .02$ on my worst president.. your mileage may vary.. all the Ruby wrote about Obama I disagree with, but it's her opinion and she is entitled to it.

:think: :think:

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate|1482865495|4109872 said:
We were discussing our LEAST favorite president, and mine is Reagan.. union busting still being felt today, I"m still being taxed on my social security.. he created the VA, a big of a program, it could easily be streamlined but everyone is afraid to touch it.. So I still feel the effects of Reagan, but I was putting in my .02$ on my worst president.. your mileage may vary.. all the Ruby wrote about Obama I disagree with, but it's her opinion and she is entitled to it.

I get it and no offense intended. And Obama is mine for the same reasons you listed plus more. :wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

And thanks to Obama the poor have gotten poorer and the middle class are disappearing... :knockout:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OOOPS...I forgot, what was our national debt when Obama took office? :read: Have it gone down since?.. :confused:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1482866733|4109876 said:
OOOPS...I forgot, what was our national debt when Obama took office? :read: Have it gone down since?.. :confused:

here you go!

https://www.thebalance.com/deficit-by-president-what-budget-deficits-hide-3306151

if you care to read this article (it's interesting) you can see that during the great depression FDR also increased spending by a huge amount to spur growth.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1482866160|4109874 said:
And thanks to Obama the poor have gotten poorer and the middle class are disappearing... :knockout:

I didn't know that Obama caused the Great Recession? pointer please :)

income for middle Americans has been declining since 1971 DF.

Pew Research, a non partisan group. This is a GREAT article full of great graphs (I love graphs).

Can you tell my why the rich have gotten a LOT richer in the last 8 years?

http://www.pewsocialtrends.org/2015/12/09/the-american-middle-class-is-losing-ground/

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

redwood66|1482865977|4109873 said:
Tekate|1482865495|4109872 said:

I get it and no offense intended. And Obama is mine for the same reasons you listed plus more. :wavey:

I hear you! I have a lot more on Reagan myself. But I didn't take offense no problemo! peace and a Happy New Year to you and yours.

:wavey:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate|1482870901|4109890 said:

Pew Research, a non partisan group. This is a GREAT article full of great graphs (I love graphs).

No he didn't. Obama was dealt a bad hand, but we hired him to get us out of the recession but then he killed the country's recovery with Obama Care... :knockout:

What is wrong with rich people making more money?.. :confused: The top 5% earners are paying most of the taxes in this country. If Obama knew how to create more jobs then we would have more Americans contributing into the tax pot.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1482886135|4109945 said:

No he didn't. Obama was dealt a bad hand, but we hired him to get us out of the recession but then he killed the country's recovery with Obama Care... :knockout:

What is wrong with rich people making more money?.. :confused: The top 5% earners are paying most of the taxes in this country. If Obama knew how to create more jobs then we would have more Americans contributing into the tax pot.

What is wrong with Obama care? what have the republicans ever come up with that helps those without insurance?

The rich have gotten way richer and the lower and middle income class has gone no where, there is nothing wrong with anyone making more and contributing but my question is and was is: why have the rich gotten richer and the regular folk have barely moved?

ruby59

Ideal_Rock

Tekate|1482891572|4109956 said:

What is wrong with Obama care? what have the republicans ever come up with that helps those without insurance?

The rich have gotten way richer and the lower and middle income class has gone no where, there is nothing wrong with anyone making more and contributing but my question is and was is: why have the rich gotten richer and the regular folk have barely moved?

"What is a surprise to some people are the higher insurance premiums that ordinary, middle class Americans suddenly face so that other ordinary Americans can enjoy lower prices."

I quoted the above because it is how my family and friends were affected. We are middle class. Not rich by any means but we are comfortable because all of us work.

My husband and I were forced into plans under Obama Care that was half the coverage and twice the price. Our deductible went from $1,400 to $5,000. The same with my son and his wife. And many of our friends have similar stories.

You say there is nothing wrong with the rich subsidizing the poor. But the middle class, like my family and many others should not be forced to struggle because of it.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1482893906|4109965 said:
http://thefederalist.com/2016/01/21/i-accidentally-found-even-more-awful-things-inside-obamacare/

No offense BUT this is anecdotal DF.. I'm on Obamacare and my income is somewhat higher than this guys. This year my monthly payment increased to 850.00$ (about I forget how much exactly and I have a bronze plan b) a month.. What I will say negatively about Obamacare is there is no company also paying for me (and everyone else). Of course my husband had great health insurance at his company so I was covered and we used a high deductible plan at his company (at the time it was a 5K deductible).. even with the deductible our health insurance was much better at his company because his company paid their share. People who lose their jobs for whatever reason, and start using Obamacare are surprised at the much more stringent benefits, as an example from me since we are doing anecdotal stories: I have the irish woman's curse (of which there are many actually) rosacea, I have a good regime for years that keeps it mostly under control, I went to the dermatologist yearly he renewed by scripts (a sulfur wash, and a clindamycin gel used 2x a day).. my copayment for the visit was 15.00$ and my copayment on the meds were 30.00$ and 10.00$, we retire, we have cobra for 18 mos, then we move onto Obamacare, so our payments were 1,700.00$ a month for hubby and me, (this year he went on to medicare yay! or :( ) so on Obamacare for the last few years I've paid more than I ever have Everah! and my deductible is huge and I get less care. Why? for me it is because my husband's company is no longer paying half. So now have to pay 50.00$ copay for a visit (but I must meet the new deductible of 7.5K a year so I pay it all). I pay 82.00$ for the sulfur cleanser and 30.00$ for the clindamycin and it is a 6oz small tube when I paid 10.00$ for a 12 oz tube on my husband's health insurance and I still have to pay this huge deductible. Now I could freak out, but I realized that I was no longer being subsidized by IBM.. sucks but true. We need a single payer system and fast.

You didn't answer what they republicans have put forth that makes health insurance cheaper and better for all. So what's the plan? I'm waiting.. ;-) seriously, what will make it cheaper for poor people? and me?

here are some answers from Obamacare itself (or himself) on why Obamacare is so expensive and as usual it's the republicans.

http://obamacarefacts.com/questions/why-is-obamacare-so-expensive-for-low-income/

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

ruby59|1482892884|4109957 said:

"What is a surprise to some people are the higher insurance premiums that ordinary, middle class Americans suddenly face so that other ordinary Americans can enjoy lower prices."

I quoted the above because it is how my family and friends were affected. We are middle class. Not rich by any means but we are comfortable because all of us work.

My husband and I were forced into plans under Obama Care that was half the coverage and twice the price. Our deductible went from $1,400 to $5,000. The same with my son and his wife. And many of our friends have similar stories.

You say there is nothing wrong with the rich subsidizing the poor. But the middle class, like my family and many others should not be forced to struggle because of it.

Why were you "forced' onto Obamacare? If you read my answer to DF you can see that when you lose your company health insurance you are no longer receiving a company subsidized health plan, so who is going to pay the 1/2 (or in my case the whole thing?)..IBM was self insuring and they got great rates due to the size of their workforce. (when I started at IBM and married my husband we had 100% insurance, no lie.. we paid zero, and had our first and 2nd son's and paid nothing and both were Csects etc back in the good old days of the late 80s and early 90s)... Do you think the republicans will offer plans to help the middle class? It doesn't appear to me they will, yes they speak of selling insurance across state lines, they say it will lower prices, they have no proof. Why do you think you will pay less and receive better, cheaper care under a republican regime? (no that is a joke, I said regime because the Preibus referred to Trump as the new king, as I said it's a joke!!! I know Reince meant new president).. The middle class has been shrinking and that must stop but I don't think manufacturing jobs will come back enmasse and I don't think the republicans care about the middle class, otherwise they would give the uber and super rich a 1% tax cut and the middle class a 70% tax cut.. that may spur the economy, but we are not going to ever see that.

Why were you and your son and friends forced onto Obamacare? (i've talked so much that you may have forgotten my question above)..I too experienced less care and less subsidy than I received under corporate, high deductible plans! so I feel for you but I do understand why it happened.. If the republicans will allow us to shop for the best care at the cheapest price then I will be the first to stand up and clap!!! first thing - doctors and hospitals and all medical people need to POST their prices, I need to know what doc has the best service at the lowest price.. and the DRUG industry.. that needs to be slammed open and competitive, POSTED pricing needs to be available.. but I don't see that happening with conservative/republicans. not ever. but I could be wrong.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

We'll see what kind of health care plans they come up with... :read:

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire|1482986057|4110254 said:

Well, they have had 8 years DF.. We will see, I'm not looking forward at all to Medicare being privatized.

From the NYTimes (and I'm happy to read ANY pointer you put up disagreeing with this)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/24/us/politics/donald-trump-medicare-republicans.html

Republicans have pressed for premium support since Mr. Ryan first included it in a budget blueprint in 2011. As he envisions it, Medicare beneficiaries would buy health insurance from one of a number of competing plans. The traditional fee-for-service Medicare program would compete directly with plans offered by private insurers like Humana, UnitedHealth Group and Blue Cross Blue Shield.

The federal government would contribute the same basic amount toward coverage of each beneficiary in a region. Those who choose more costly options would generally have to pay higher premiums; those who choose plans that cost less than the federal contribution could receive rebates or extra benefits.

I don't like the bolded part. at all. Without the federal government setting the fee schedule I don't see anything cheaper for older Americans, I see the republican plan as a way to charge people who are sicker more, people who have paid into medicare their whole working lives, and still have to pay more as they have become older and probably sicker (like most people). I've been on Obamacare for two years and if medicare is like Obamacare there will be rationed healthcare, if you pay more you get more, now this rationed healthcare will be at the last 30, 20, whatever years of one's life, when they are not working anymore. I'm going to wait and see if the republicans come up with a fair, balanced and truly full healthcare for older Americans.

:errrr:

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Tekate|1483023929|4110346 said:

Well, they have had 8 years DF.. We will see, I'm not looking forward at all to Medicare being privatized.

From the NYTimes (and I'm happy to read ANY pointer you put up disagreeing with this)

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/24/us/politics/donald-trump-medicare-republicans.html

Republicans have pressed for premium support since Mr. Ryan first included it in a budget blueprint in 2011. As he envisions it, Medicare beneficiaries would buy health insurance from one of a number of competing plans. The traditional fee-for-service Medicare program would compete directly with plans offered by private insurers like Humana, UnitedHealth Group and Blue Cross Blue Shield.

The federal government would contribute the same basic amount toward coverage of each beneficiary in a region. Those who choose more costly options would generally have to pay higher premiums; those who choose plans that cost less than the federal contribution could receive rebates or extra benefits.

I don't like the bolded part. at all. Without the federal government setting the fee schedule I don't see anything cheaper for older Americans, I see the republican plan as a way to charge people who are sicker more, people who have paid into medicare their whole working lives, and still have to pay more as they have become older and probably sicker (like most people). I've been on Obamacare for two years and if medicare is like Obamacare there will be rationed healthcare, if you pay more you get more, now this rationed healthcare will be at the last 30, 20, whatever years of one's life, when they are not working anymore. I'm going to wait and see if the republicans come up with a fair, balanced and truly full healthcare for older Americans.

I wonder if it will be a lot like it is now. There are many medicare advantage plans and supplement plans that cost nothing, but greatly reduce a person's healthcare costs. Maybe instead, there will be no one on straight medicare, which is very costly to the insured and is rarely better than an advantage or supplemental plan. Maybe Ryan's plan will be more efficient and beneficial for the people.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

There are no easy solutions. let's hope they'll come up a plan that will satisfy 65% of the people.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium

House Cat|1483025947|4110352 said:
Tekate|1483023929|4110346 said:

I wonder if it will be a lot like it is now. There are many medicare advantage plans and supplement plans that cost nothing, but greatly reduce a person's healthcare costs. Maybe instead, there will be no one on straight medicare, which is very costly to the insured and is rarely better than an advantage or supplemental plan. Maybe Ryan's plan will be more efficient and beneficial for the people.

Medicare advantage is considered a great deal for people who can get it, but they are not portable. My husband has medicare advantage, and I will too.

No one on straight medicare? maybe not, but not all plans offer advantage for free, it's true it's often better than straight medicare.

I cannot see how Ryan's plan can be more 'beneficial' for the people. I see people getting a fixed amount for doctor's, meds then fees/costs go up, stipend does not go up, people are not able to continue to pay higher medical costs and people don't get the help they need and deserve. Single payer is the way to go imho. (or not so humble maybe ;-) ) I don't think this will affect me anyway as I am a very early boomer, but those born in the 60s, those who don't have medical savings accounts and are in their 50s can be really screwed by the Ryan plan.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Calliecake|1482783583|4109688 said:

I think a lot of people who voted for him still deny doing so because they want to spout off their true feelings but take none of the accountability when the shit hits the fan.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results